HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
ebay question
Posted by: MhmPm ()
Date: June 12, 2015 12:24PM

You list an item on ebay using the shipping option to let the buyer calculate their rate. The buyer pays you for the item plus the shipping amount they were quoted. You as the seller go to print the shipping label in ebay, which sends you to Paypal. Paypal quotes a *different* shipping rate. 25% more than what ebay quoted and the buyer paid.

Shouldn't ebay and Paypal agree on the rate? I just spent over an hour on the phone with ebay and finally got them to credit the difference. They kept telling me to contact the seller to make up the difference... I shouldn't have to do that.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: ebay question
Posted by: Not answering but ()
Date: June 12, 2015 01:23PM

I always put a flat fee, just makes it easier. Most thing I sell are small and fit in a flat rate box.

They maybe having some issues due to the split of ebay/paypal.. Idk

Re: ebay question
Posted by: abelard ()
Date: June 13, 2015 05:50PM

Paypal sucks something awful so I'm not surprised. That said, I thought they'd worked this out. I've had occasions where paypal didn't seem to see the shipping charge and didn't add it, others where it seemed to not see the shipping charge but it really did (I noticed after I paid). I fucking hate these guys.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.