HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
The Hollyweird disaster is getting worse
Posted by: Burt Bogart ()
Date: June 07, 2015 05:32PM

Not even the combined heat of the Avengers, Melissa McCarthy, and the Barden Bellas, can push the summer box office past the boiling point.

Take this weekend when “Spy,” a critically adored espionage send-up with McCarthy, bowed to a solid $30 million, even as overall ticket sales declined for the third time in a row. That losing streak comes on the heels of the worst Memorial Day the movie business has seen in five years as “Tomorrowland,” the heavily promoted George Clooney fantasy, stumbled out of the gate.

There’s still a lot of popcorn movie season left to go, but this was not the way that many analysts and studios expected summer 2015 to play out.

Help is on the way. “Jurassic World” is projected to open to north of $100 million and the months of June and July bring such highly anticipated releases as “Minions,” a spin-off of “Despicable Me”; Pixar’s “Inside Out”; the fifth “Mission: Impossible”; follow-ups to “Magic Mike” and “Ted”; Marvel’s “Ant-Man”; and the gaming comedy “Pixels.” On paper, they look like winners.

"Look like winners on paper" Really?

Another sequel, another remake, another spin off, and a follow up (whatever that is in movie terms).

Stop milking the same cow Hollywood, you're going to kill the damn thing!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Hollyweird disaster is getting worse
Posted by: You're Right... ()
Date: June 07, 2015 05:48PM

Funny, I was just telling my son about how Hollywood has no fresh ideas anymore....nothing but constant remakes...kinda sad actually

Date: June 07, 2015 06:09PM

You're Right... Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Funny, I was just telling my son about how
> Hollywood has no fresh ideas anymore....nothing
> but constant remakes...kinda sad actually

I know a lot of Hollywood movies are remakes/sequels/reboots... but can't everyone just stop acting like they all are those and see that there are original movies, too?

Date: June 07, 2015 06:44PM

- dA rEaL fArTiAn - Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You're Right... Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Funny, I was just telling my son about how
> > Hollywood has no fresh ideas anymore....nothing
> > but constant remakes...kinda sad actually
>
> I know a lot of Hollywood movies are
> remakes/sequels/reboots... but can't everyone just
> stop acting like they all are those and see
> that there are original movies, too?

Any recent attempts at something original has been a disaster in Hollyweird. That's why they have resorted to remakes and sequels. I dont mind sequels per say, but when they use the same fucking lines and scenes that were in the previous 5 sequels, it starts to make you wonder.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.