HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Shit I Did Not Know: France Last Used the Guillotine in 1977!
Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: January 12, 2015 07:58PM

I thought the guillotine went out around 1900 or so, don't know where I got that idea, but it actually was in use until NINETEEN SEVENTY-SEVEN, when I was a young grasshopper.

art-guillotine.jpeg

The last man executed by guillotine in France was a Tunisian lady killer and pimp named Hamida Djandoubi.

His story is here- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamida_Djandoubi

I love this 2nd picture! Some four-eyed kid killer being lead to the chopping block by a couple of serious faced Frenchies in bad 70's clothes. Do these Frogs look like they mean bizzwax or what? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Ranucci Executed in 1976, I would not want my last day on Earth to look like this!

peine_02.jpg

Another kid killer beheaded in 1977 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J%C3%A9r%C3%B4me_Carrein

carrein1.jpg

Looks like they tuned him up a little first by the look of that eye!

idontlikebeingrightaboutshitlikethisbutiam

Edited 21 time(s). Last edit at 5/31/1967 05:57AM by WingNut.

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Shit I Did Not Know: France Last Used the Guillotine in 1977!
Posted by: Great Post! ()
Date: January 12, 2015 08:02PM

Awesome post. Thanks!

Posted by: Empirical Data ()
Date: January 12, 2015 08:03PM

Yeah, they were one of the last western European countries to use the death penalty even though a few still had it on the books a decade later. Now pretty much all of Europe has abolished it.

Posted by: Sgt Joe Friday ()
Date: January 12, 2015 08:05PM

Pics or it didnt happen

eesh?

Posted by: Frenchie ()
Date: January 12, 2015 08:10PM

Hey, eeet works!

Posted by: wj3Xu ()
Date: January 12, 2015 08:17PM

From its first use, there has been debate as to whether the guillotine always provided a swift death as Guillotin had hoped. With previous methods of execution intended to be painful, there was little concern about the suffering inflicted. As the guillotine was invented specifically to be humane the issue was seriously considered. The blade cuts quickly enough for there to be relatively little impact on the brain case, and perhaps less likelihood of immediate unconsciousness than with a more violent decapitation, or long-drop hanging.

Audiences to guillotinings told numerous stories of blinking eyelids, speaking, moving eyes, movement of the mouth, even an expression of "unequivocal indignation" on the face of the decapitated Charlotte Corday when her cheek was slapped.

The following report was written by a Dr. Beaurieux, who experimented with the head of a condemned prisoner by the name of Henri Languille, on 28 June 1905:

Here, then, is what I was able to note immediately after the decapitation: the eyelids and lips of the guillotined man worked in irregularly rhythmic contractions for about five or six seconds. This phenomenon has been remarked by all those finding themselves in the same conditions as myself for observing what happens after the severing of the neck ...
I waited for several seconds. The spasmodic movements ceased. [...] It was then that I called in a strong, sharp voice: "Languille!" I saw the eyelids slowly lift up, without any spasmodic contractions – I insist advisedly on this peculiarity – but with an even movement, quite distinct and normal, such as happens in everyday life, with people awakened or torn from their thoughts.
Next Languille's eyes very definitely fixed themselves on mine and the pupils focused themselves. I was not, then, dealing with the sort of vague dull look without any expression, that can be observed any day in dying people to whom one speaks: I was dealing with undeniably living eyes which were looking at me. After several seconds, the eyelids closed again [...].
It was at that point that I called out again and, once more, without any spasm, slowly, the eyelids lifted and undeniably living eyes fixed themselves on mine with perhaps even more penetration than the first time. Then there was a further closing of the eyelids, but now less complete. I attempted the effect of a third call; there was no further movement – and the eyes took on the glazed look which they have in the dead.[28]
Anatomists and other scientists in several countries have tried to perform more definitive experiments on severed human heads as recently as 1956.[citation needed] Inevitably, the evidence is only anecdotal. What appears to be a head responding to the sound of its name, or to the pain of a pinprick, may be only random muscle twitching or automatic reflex action, with no awareness involved. At the very least, it seems that the massive drop in cerebral blood pressure would cause a victim to lose consciousness in a few seconds.[29]

Date: January 12, 2015 08:45PM

I saw a chicken with heads cut off and it's beak moved for about a minute. I heard stories about the headless chicken bodies trying to fly off, but this one laid down pretty quickly.

It would seem that it would be quicker and more exacting than lethal injection, the electric chair or hanging. I think I may prefer it to even the firing squad, though it has to be messy.

I read about the last guy they guillotened (first picture in the tunnel, great ambiance!) and how he was an amputee and had to put on his artificial leg in order to go to the death chamber. Strange irony that the condemned may have thought to himself, "My leg is gone and soon my head will be too!"

The guillotine really rocks, nothing pussyfoot or equivocal about it- it delivers what it says. I think it makes for excellent theater!

alice-cooper-VR6Q_o_tn.jpg

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Posted by: Stabbys sister ()
Date: January 12, 2015 08:50PM

It certainly is a better end than the current ISIL way of disposing of someone's head.

Posted by: G2 is a Muslim goat fucker ()
Date: January 12, 2015 08:50PM

Muslims use dull knives on innocent Americans. libs worship that.

Posted by: If it works for Islam... ()
Date: January 12, 2015 08:56PM

From the Interwebz:

To understand why the Islamic State not only decapitates its “infidel” captives, but also mutilates and mocks their corpses—and all to sadistic laughter—one need only turn to the Koran and deeds of Islamic prophet Muhammad.

The Koran exhorts believers to “Fight them [those who oppose Islam], Allah will torment them with your hands, humiliate them, empower you over them, and heal the hearts of the believers, removing the rage from their hearts” (Koran 9:14-15).

What will “heal” and “remove the rage” from “the hearts of the believers”? Infidel carnage, says the Koran.

As usual, to understand the significance of any Koran verse, one must turn to the sira and hadith—the biography and anecdotes of Muhammad, respectively—for context.

Thus we come to the following account concerning the slaughter of ‘Amr bin Hisham, a pagan Arab chieftain originally known as “Abu Hakim” (Father of Wisdom) until Muhammad dubbed him “Abu Jahl” (Father of Stupidity) for his staunch opposition to Islam.

After ‘Amr was mortally wounded by a new convert to Islam during the Battle of Badr, Abdullah ibn Mas‘ud, a close companion of Muhammad, saw the “infidel” chieftain collapsed on the ground. So he went to him and started abusing him. Among other things, Abdullah grabbed and pulled ‘Amr’s beard and stood in triumph on the dying man’s chest.

According to Al-Bidaya wa Al-Nihaya (“The Beginning and the End”), Ibn Kathir’s authoritiative history of Islam, “After that, he [Abdullah] slit his [‘Amr’s] head off and bore it till he placed it between the hands of the Prophet. Thus did Allah heal the hearts of the believers with it.”

This, then, is the true significance of Koran 9:14-15: “Fight them, Allah will torment them with your hands [mortally wounding and eventually decapitating ‘Amr], humiliate them [pulling his beard], empower you over them [standing atop him], and heal the hearts of the believers, removing the rage from their hearts [at the sight of his decapitated head].”

The logic here is that, pious Muslims are so full of zeal for Allah’s cause that the only way their inflamed hearts can be at rest is to see those who oppose Allah and his prophet utterly crushed—humiliated, mutilated, decapitated. Then the hearts of the believers can be at ease and “healed.”

This is surely one of the reasons behind the Islamic State’s dissemination of gory videos and pictures of its victims: the new “caliphate” is trying to heal the hearts of every believer inflamed for the cause of Allah.

Time to invest in Guillotine stock.

Date: January 12, 2015 08:57PM

I also have to wonder how the decapited corpse is handling. I cannot imagine any family member claiming the body would want an open casket or to even see and ID the now 2 piece that was their loved one.

I imagine some very heavy plastic bag or a container like a box.

Yikes!

Posted by: True The Vote ! ()
Date: January 12, 2015 09:00PM

Bring it back, retro is cool. A nice twist would be a women dropping the blade,muzzies don't get the virgins if the are killed by a female. Fight dirty, feed em to the swine and turn them into pig farts, then turds, return the pig turd to their family for funeral service.

Posted by: Enjoy This, Don't You? ()
Date: January 12, 2015 09:23PM

You really are some sick fucks.

Posted by: payback. ()
Date: January 12, 2015 09:29PM

Enjoy This, Don't You? Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You really are some sick fucks.

Payback is hell for all you Hussein Obama loving scum.

Posted by: Plan B ()
Date: January 12, 2015 09:34PM

Enjoy This, Don't You? Wrote:
> You really are some sick fucks.

thanks!
Attachments:
3.jpg

Date: January 12, 2015 09:36PM

Can someone Photoshop G2's face onto the condemned mans?

peine_02.jpg

It's great that the Frenchy on the left is smoking a cancer stick, nothing says FUCK YOU better.

Photograph of the year!

Date: January 12, 2015 09:38PM

WingNut Wrote:
> Can someone Photoshop G2's face onto the condemned
> mans?
>
>

I think he's in the picture above on the wall

Date: January 12, 2015 09:40PM

I believe this was one of those dull knife beheadings of a Syrian man
Attachments:
3.jpg

Date: January 12, 2015 09:44PM

Compliments of ISIL
Attachments:
3.jpg
3.jpg

Date: January 12, 2015 09:46PM

Yuck, that is some barbaric shit, and probably over some religious issues too.

I've seen a few of those decaps on Liveleak and it's a hard show to watch.

The guillotine has a super heavy blade- POW! one hit does it all nice and easy. The body is probably restrained and tilted slightly head down so all the blood drains into the head bucket.

1977, blows my fucking mind.

Posted by: abelard ()
Date: January 12, 2015 10:00PM

I'm not one for death as spectacle (to say nothing of entertainment) but I do think there's an argument to be made for the guillotine. Let's face it - if you're gonna kill folks as punishment, it's not gonna be nice so I say let's stop pretending. If we think killing folks in a clean room means we don't have blood on our hands, maybe we should try having actual blood on our hands.

Date: January 12, 2015 10:31PM

abelard Wrote:
> I'm not one for death as spectacle (to say nothing
> of entertainment) but I do think there's an
> argument to be made for the guillotine. Let's
> face it - if you're gonna kill folks as
> punishment, it's not gonna be nice so I say let's
> stop pretending. If we think killing folks in a
> clean room means we don't have blood on our hands,
> maybe we should try having actual blood on our
> hands.

I actually oppose the death penalty because the state is just so historically stupid and incompetent. It's easy to fix a wrongly convicted and jailed man, pretty hard to do anything for the one who was wrongfully executed...

But, if you gotta do it, you gotta do it. Can you believe all the sniveling we had to hear last year when the lethal injection killed some savage too slowly in Oklahoma? I can't understand how something like that gets fucked up or why people would even care so much.

If it is definitely the right guy 100% of the time, and it's serious shit like child murder, terrorism etc, I think the guillotine would be a fine and appropriate instrument.

Posted by: thats some fucked shit ()
Date: January 12, 2015 10:52PM

I saw 'faces of death' once, and felt wrong as hell. I couldnt watch a beheading. I can't believe that someone thought they could cut the head off that little girl in the name of god. The people responsible need some slow medieval shit to them.

Date: January 12, 2015 11:25PM

>If it is definitely the right guy 100% of the time, and it's serious shit like child murder,

Becoming a father has left me seriously bloodthirsty - show me an unequivocal child murder and I'd drop the blade myself. I'd like to think I'll feel bad afterwards but I'm not sure I would.

I actually know someone who who witnessed a beheading up close. My ikebana teacher was part of the occupation forces in Japan after the war, and was a formal witness at a seppuku. Japanese guy had killed an american in a traffic accident and even though there was some thought that it wasn't really his fault, the local authorities thought it be better if the guy died. Could really see it in his eyes when he told that story; "Terrible sight, just ... terrible."

Posted by: jkesn ()
Date: January 12, 2015 11:40PM

abelard Wrote:
> >If it is definitely the right guy 100% of the
> time, and it's serious shit like child murder,
>
> Becoming a father has left me seriously
> bloodthirsty - show me an unequivocal child murder
> and I'd drop the blade myself. I'd like to think
> I'll feel bad afterwards but I'm not sure I
> would.
>
> I actually know someone who who witnessed a
> beheading up close. My ikebana teacher was part
> of the occupation forces in Japan after the war,
> and was a formal witness at a seppuku. Japanese
> guy had killed an american in a traffic accident
> and even though there was some thought that it
> wasn't really his fault, the local authorities
> thought it be better if the guy died. Could really
> see it in his eyes when he told that story;
> "Terrible sight, just ... terrible."

another made up bullshit story from abelard. you are one hell of a pathological liar

Date: January 12, 2015 11:51PM

>another made up bullshit story from abelard.

I'm curious - what makes you think so? That I studied ikebana, that folks were still practicing seppuku after the war, or that my supposed teacher witnessed one? Or all of the above?

Posted by: You're a sap, Mister Jap ()
Date: January 12, 2015 11:59PM

"Jap kills self after killing Yank in traffic accident."

That has to be in a news archive somewhere...if it really happened...

Date: January 13, 2015 12:23AM

Just for fun I had a quick look on the interwebs, couldn't find anything about this, which I figured I'd be better able to do since I know the guy's name. I did find out that he's still alive, which is almost unbelievable - guy was ancient when I knew him and it's getting on two decades now. Amazing.

Date: January 13, 2015 07:23PM

thats some fucked shit Wrote:
> I saw 'faces of death' once, and felt wrong as
> hell. I couldnt watch a beheading. I can't believe
> that someone thought they could cut the head off
> that little girl in the name of god. The people
> responsible need some slow medieval shit to them.

That is a disturbing picture. Gross enough for adults, but kids getting killed is really nasty.

BTW "Faces of Death" is 90% fake. But when we all saw it on VHS 30 yrs ago, we thought it was real.

Posted by: Empirical Data ()
Date: January 13, 2015 08:03PM

Really. Who needs Faces of Death anymore when we have the Internet?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2015 08:03PM by Empirical Data.

Posted by: HpLpM ()
Date: January 13, 2015 08:05PM

> beheading up close. My ikebana teacher was part
> of the occupation forces in Japan after the war,
> and was a formal witness at a seppuku. Japanese

> That has to be in a news archive somewhere...if it really happened...

It might interest you to know that the Internet was invented quite a bit after WWII. Newspapers aren't rushing to get 1940's content online particularly from overseas countries.

With respect to the death penalty -- I am against it. Seems like it is giving some people any easy out.

Posted by: faces of death ()
Date: January 13, 2015 08:14PM

When I saw faces of death, it was around 30 years ago. Even if it was fake, it sure looked real. But I don't think it was fake.

Posted by: npx9b ()
Date: January 13, 2015 08:21PM

I think we still have "firing squad" as a death penalty option in Virginia?

Date: January 13, 2015 08:31PM

faces of death Wrote:
> When I saw faces of death, it was around 30 years
> ago. Even if it was fake, it sure looked real. But
> I don't think it was fake.

There is real footage in FOD but the executions, assassinations and animal eatings are all faked.

Date: January 13, 2015 10:39PM

>Newspapers aren't rushing to get 1940's content online particularly from overseas countries.

There were (I've read elsewhere) tons of suicides at the end of the war, not to mention famine, homelessness, and the kind of social upheaval you only get when your country is occupied by a foreign army. Correction: several foreign armies. Even if they had today's level of news coverage, I doubt one seppuku would merit much attention. And not for nothing but by Japanese standards, an honorable suicide would put an end to the matter, which they took seriously even though (as I said before) it was apparently just an accident.

Date: November 17, 2015 08:46PM

Vive la France!

Posted by: Dcdy7 ()
Date: November 18, 2015 11:41AM

> Guillotine

and some red-handed criminals DESERVE IT

usa still uses the electric chair - can be argued worse

or usa uses chemicals - either way cost to do it is tens of thousands instead of a few dollars

Posted by: Off with their Heads ()
Date: November 18, 2015 02:24PM

Can't believe eesh hasn't turned up a gif of an actual guillotine death.

Posted by: FrankR. ()
Date: November 18, 2015 06:37PM

Traces of Death was real. Way worse than Faces of Death. I don't know how I used to watch that shit. Death penalty is necessary but they need to get it right. Back to firing squads no more chemical fuck ups.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.