HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Some Ethnic Culture
Posted by: NippleChuck ()
Date: January 10, 2015 08:08AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Some Ethnic Culture
Posted by: NipNotSignedIn ()
Date: January 12, 2015 09:21AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWi7-qa8sU4

Another. A local boy with a Telecaster of gold.

Nip

Posted by: kfjhrfjh ()
Date: January 12, 2015 09:45AM

That is history. The present representation of ethnic culture has a very different look. Try posting videos of a bunch of thugs being violent, burning stores and buildings, and acting like a bunch of crazed monkeys in heat. That would be be a more accurate representation of current black culture.

Date: January 12, 2015 10:08AM

No I'll go this route thanks. Some great tunes by some very tallented people. They tend to stay close to their roots with their art. Thats the point. The goal is to see if the audience can appreciate the art even though what is being portrayed may not be to their liking or may not be their first choice or preference. More to follow just getting started with the experiment.

I'm certain that there will differnces of opinion on what is good based peoples preferences, ethnicity, culture, upbringing and social conditions. The other motivation is to simply share amongst and with the group. So if there is something that moves your soul please share. Thanks

Nip

Oh and thanks for your response kfjhrfjh but I'n really only interested in the art that moves the FFXU community.

Posted by: kfjhrfjh ()
Date: January 12, 2015 10:12AM

My point wasn't about the quality of what you posted. Actually, it's great. I definitely like the older stuff (blues, etc). But it doesn't reflect the current culture. I'm not saying you are burying your head in the sand, but if you think this represents the current condition then you are burying your head in the sand.

Good music links posted though. Thanks

Date: January 12, 2015 10:46AM

^^^^
Got you. Thanks. See the discussion is begining.
For others please post your favorite be it todays current picks or what sound tracked your lives. The tunes I've posted are from my generation as I'm a little older than some and younger than others. So really just interested in learning where everyone stands with regard to the type and style of the art that that moves them to emotion. It doesn't have to be music though that what does it for me as I am a musician and woodworker. Those are the areas I can express my artistic side the best. So let it rip! Show the community what moves you or touches your soul. Could be photography, painting, drawing, the written word acting song, whatever. I'm sure I will learn a lot and be introduced to many new artforms that I am currently unfamiliar with. Thanks in advance...
Nip

Posted by: Numbers ()
Date: January 12, 2015 10:56AM

Interesting style of guitar playing. Would love to see it in slo-mo.

Date: January 12, 2015 11:21AM

Numbers look on youtube search Danny Gatton and look at his instructional videos. They have slow mo and tabs and explinations on how to. We used to go see Danny back in the day in DC all the time. Phenomenal player.

Nip

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.