HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
16 year old girl dies after heart stops in Haunted House (halloween is evil)
Posted by: Fox News ()
Date: October 21, 2014 10:57AM

Christian Faith Benge Dies After Heart Stops In Haunted House
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/21/christian-faith-benge-dies-haunted-house_n_6020914.html

-
16_year_old_dies_in_haunted_house_attrac
-

An Ohio teen with a heart condition died after collapsing Friday in a haunted house.

Christian Faith Benge, 16, was attending Halloween attractions at Land of Illusion Haunted Scream Park in Madison Township, with a group of about 100 friends and family members. She was inside one of the haunted houses there when her heart stopped, family members said.

“She got halfway through and just collapsed,” Betty Benge, the teen's grandmother, told the Journal-News. “She was almost through it.”

Benge was pronounced dead at a local hospital. According to family members, the girl was born with congenital diaphragmatic hernia, which prevents the lungs from developing normally. WCPO reports that she had only one functioning lung, which put additional strain on her heart. Doctors said part of her heart was enlarged four times its normal size.

“They said she was like a time bomb,” Betty Benge said.

Medical examiners will conduct an autopsy to determine her exact cause of death.

"Is this something that occurred because she had a heightened sense of fear? Or is this something that she could have been walking down the street and this occurred? We may never know that, but there's really no way to medically pinpoint that," Doyle Burke, Warren County chief investigator, told WCPO.

But Warren County Coroner Russell Uptegrove told Cincinnati.com that its possible that the teen was scared to death.

"We may never know for sure, but because her death involved heart problems, the fear in places like that could have pushed her over the edge' so to speak," Uptegrove said.

The park advertises "live spooks, lunatics and chainsaw-wielding madmen" on its website. Owner Brett Oakley told the Dayton Daily News that Benge hadn't suffered an accident or injury at the attraction.

“It was a very unfortunate situation,” Oakley said.

Benge's family said they will remember their daughter as a young woman with strong faith, who sang in the choir at Eaton Road Full Gospel Church.

"I did CPR until the paramedics arrived, and then I just trusted God. He has an ultimate plan. It was just time," Christian's mother, Jean Benge, told WCPO. "Because of her faith in Christ, I know she's home."

-
WCPO_Christian_Faith_Benge_1413835779458
-

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 16 year old girl dies after heart stops in Haunted House (halloween is evil)
Posted by: Decrapitated ()
Date: October 21, 2014 11:04AM

Obviously it's time to ban haunted houses.

Re: 16 year old girl dies after heart stops in Haunted House (halloween is evil)
Posted by: Haunted houses serve no purpose ()
Date: October 21, 2014 11:14AM

Decrapitated Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Obviously it's time to ban haunted houses.

Think of the children.

Posted by: Noyoudint ()
Date: October 21, 2014 11:35AM

Date: October 21, 2014 11:04AM

Obviously it's time to ban haunted houses.

No it is time to ban stupid family members.

Posted by: Prozactly ()
Date: October 21, 2014 11:43AM

Noyoudint Wrote:
> No it is time to ban stupid family members.

Yeah, it probably wasn't a good idea to bring someone with a serious heart defect to a haunted house. But like the article said, she was a ticking time bomb. If this wasn't this, then it would've been something else that scared her. Poor girl.

Posted by: satansdad ()
Date: October 21, 2014 11:45AM

thats sad

Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: October 21, 2014 11:45AM

WTF if people thought it was "part of the act" and started ooohing and ahhhhhing and clapping instead of getting help?

idontlikebeingrightaboutshitlikethisbutiam

Edited 21 time(s). Last edit at 5/31/1967 05:57AM by WingNut.

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Posted by: loma ()
Date: October 21, 2014 11:51AM

Now she doesn't have to worry about getting ebola.

Posted by: jhwefgjirf ()
Date: October 21, 2014 11:55AM

No no no!!

It was the haunted house. You cannot blame family members or conditions surrounding the death. It's obviously the haunted house that is at fault. Ban haunted houses so no future innocent people are subjected to needless deaths. If the ban doesn't work, I am starting a campaign to limit the number of scary things a haunted house can have inside. I also will propose a limit to the duration of scariness.

We must punish these evil haunted houses and anyone who has one.

Posted by: Fox News ()
Date: October 21, 2014 11:57AM

jhwefgjirf Wrote:
> No no no!!
>
> It was the haunted house. You cannot blame family
> members or conditions surrounding the death. It's
> obviously the haunted house that is at fault. Ban
> haunted houses so no future innocent people are
> subjected to needless deaths. If the ban doesn't
> work, I am starting a campaign to limit the number
> of scary things a haunted house can have inside. I
> also will propose a limit to the duration of
> scariness.
>
> We must punish these evil haunted houses and
> anyone who has one.

I agree in the upmost. Halloween must be banned forevermore. Halloween is latin for "evil worships". We should change Halloween to Harvest Festivals. Instead of Haunted Houses we should have Happy Houses. This must happen!

Posted by: Me First, Fuck Everone Else ()
Date: October 21, 2014 12:45PM

Fox News Wrote:
> I agree in the upmost. Halloween must be banned
> forevermore. Halloween is latin for "evil
> worships". We should change Halloween to Harvest
> Festivals. Instead of Haunted Houses we
> should have Happy Houses. This must happen!

If haunted houses caused as many deaths as guns do then maybe, maybe that would be a valid comparison. Until then, once again, guntards are grasping at straws to save their guns.

Posted by: Dr Oz ()
Date: October 21, 2014 01:20PM

loma Wrote:
> Now she doesn't have to worry about getting ebola.

She was white, so she was ahead of the game there. Seems that most whiteys beat Ebola, while the blacks die. Thank god for that.

Posted by: kjktrdfcg ()
Date: October 21, 2014 01:25PM

Me First, Fuck Everone Else Wrote:

> If haunted houses caused as many deaths as guns do
> then maybe, maybe that would be a valid
> comparison. Until then, once again, guntards are
> grasping at straws to save their guns.

So you are saying one death is ok

Posted by: Back-N-Tyme ()
Date: October 21, 2014 01:33PM

Anyone wanting to ban haunted Houses for this needs to have satan come to their house and start slapping his dick on their forehead before going in balls deep and dry!

Posted by: jheferiurxk ()
Date: October 21, 2014 01:36PM

Back-N-Tyme Wrote:
> Anyone wanting to ban haunted Houses for this
> needs to have satan come to their house and start
> slapping his dick on their forehead before going
> in balls deep and dry!

Are you that dense that you don't get what we are talking about? Even scarier is that someone as stupid as you is allowed to vote.

Posted by: Me First, Fuck Everone Else ()
Date: October 21, 2014 01:42PM

kjktrdfcg Wrote:
> So you are saying one death is ok

The same way guntards say 30,000+ deaths is okay.

Posted by: Back-N-Tyme ()
Date: October 21, 2014 01:48PM

I know exactly what we are talking about cockbite.

What IS scarier is that morons like you think your fucking idiotic opinion matters lol

jheferiurxk Wrote:
> Back-N-Tyme Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Anyone wanting to ban haunted Houses for this
> > needs to have satan come to their house and
> start
> > slapping his dick on their forehead before
> going
> > in balls deep and dry!
>
> Are you that dense that you don't get what we are
> talking about? Even scarier is that someone as
> stupid as you is allowed to vote.

Date: October 21, 2014 01:49PM

> kjktrdfcg Wrote:
> -----
> > So you are saying one death is ok
>
> The same way guntards say 30,000+ deaths is okay.

Sometimes freedom comes at a heavy cost.

And yes every nog Ebola death is a blessing. They were meant to die. God's way of thinning the herd.

Posted by: iojeyfwfeyfw ()
Date: October 21, 2014 01:49PM

> kjktrdfcg Wrote:
> -----
> > So you are saying one death is ok
>
> The same way guntards say 30,000+ deaths is okay.

I never said 30k deaths is ok. You said there need to be more deaths by haunted house for it to be an important issue.

Posted by: khjewhgfeugeru ()
Date: October 21, 2014 01:50PM

Back-N-Tyme Wrote:
> cockbite.

LOL

Posted by: pretty sure ()
Date: October 21, 2014 01:57PM

Definitely not an insurance scam.

Posted by: Me First, Fuck Everyone Else ()
Date: October 21, 2014 02:06PM

iojeyfwfeyfw Wrote:
> I never said 30k deaths is ok.

Then maybe, just maybe, neither one of us are saying these deaths okay? There are millions of things that can kill people; some of those things deserve more attention than others. By your logic, a rare disease like progressive supranuclear palsy deserves as much attention, funding and awareness as skin cancer.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.