HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pharma Prices Absurd
Posted by: COMEONman ()
Date: June 29, 2018 04:58PM

My kid needed a Doxycycline script. We have Blue Cross Blue Shield premium coverate - $100 for a one month supply. I asked what it would be without insurance they told me $2000 for a month supply. Called Caremark (BCBS online pharma) and mail order of this drug is $15.00 for 3 month supply.

So the price on this drug goes from a low of $5.00 per month mail order to $2,000 per month for the uninsured. Its the exact same pill and dose. In what other market is there such variance in the value of a product. It would be like a Big Mac costing $5 for one person $100 for another and $2,000 for someone else.

what

.......the

................actual

.................................FUCK

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pharma Prices Absurd
Posted by: soso ()
Date: June 29, 2018 05:47PM

lol free market doesnt work when people dont know the cost of a good or service until after they purchase it. The price should be the same for every consumer.

Posted by: DaleKohl ()
Date: September 28, 2018 03:00AM

The difference is really shocking. It is time to confess that pharma industry is a real mafia huh, they set their monopoly and their rules. Happily online market of generic analogues is developing quickly, I personally order things from Europe https://www.genericspharmacyonline.com/ and I am and very satisfied with the quality.

Posted by: Same pooh happened to me ()
Date: September 28, 2018 08:43AM

I was trying to get my kid Tamiflu. The doc prescribed the child dosage (less mg) and my insurance wouldn't cover it, as they considered it not necessary. The adult version, which is a higher mg dosage, is covered 100%.

I asked the doc to change the prescription to the adult version and I would cut them in half and the doc said no.

I was left being shamed into buying an overpriced product. The Pharmacist agreed that the drug companies are totally ripping everyone a new A$$!

Posted by: GOP Loves Killing Americans ()
Date: September 28, 2018 08:54AM

Probably the most disgusting naked capitalism on display in society today. Medical bills I get always show absurdly high 'charges' then insurance 'adjustments' meaning people without insurance have to pay 2-3 times what people with insurance. Surgery on my navel was $8,000 insurance paid ~6500 of that. without insurance the charges were close to $15,000! Some poor soul needing that surgery without insurance or between insurance would be ass raped and this was fairly minor surgery.

The happy post op drugs they gave me were $1000 for fucks sake! Fentenol, and a cocktail of other IV goodies. In any other developed nation there would have been little or no charge for this care. Here I pay $6000 a year premiums so I only have to pay $1200 for the surgery.

Posted by: DanielLee5 ()
Date: December 15, 2018 10:48AM

Agree .. What about generics? This industry is rather developed today, especially in the web space. Canada is the leader on the market offering affordable meds, I got some drugs from here https://www.canadapharmacy.com/ for example.

Posted by: Thank You! ()
Date: December 15, 2018 02:29PM

DanielLee5 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Agree .. What about generics? This industry is
> rather developed today, especially in the web
> space. Canada is the leader on the market offering
> affordable meds, I got some drugs from here
> https://www.canadapharmacy.com/ for example.

Thanks for the link. I checked a med that I'll need to get refilled in the new year - and before I meet my deductible. One medicine I need has a "retail cost" of $950 for a 90-day supply. At the Canadian site, it's just $120.

Posted by: Pandorra ()
Date: June 06, 2022 04:13AM

When you buy online, the price of medications is much lower. In addition, as mentioned above, you can use generics. This way you can save up to 90% of the cost of Doxycycline.
If the sites that have already advised you do not suit you, I can offer another option: https://www.svojaljekarna.hr/. Here the prices are very low, but pay attention to the delivery time. Usually the medication does not arrive earlier than 5 working days after payment.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.