HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Powdered Alcohol Has Arrived
Posted by: Ludwig ()
Date: April 21, 2014 02:06PM

Powdered Alcohol Has Arrived
Posted: 04/21/2014 11:46 am EDT

Talk about a powder keg.

Palcohol may soon be at a liquor store near you. The product was recently approved for consumption by the Federal Government, which means society could well be on its way to snorting itself into oblivion. But that's NOT HOW IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE USED, PEOPLE.

From the company's site:

"We have seen comments about goofballs wanting to snort it. Don't do it! It is not a responsible or smart way to use the product. To take precautions against this action, we've added volume to the powder so it would take more than a half of a cup of powder to get the equivalent of one drink up your nose. You would feel a lot of pain for very little gain. Just use it the right way."

Palcohol, which is used by adding water to a powder packet, also seems to have been caught with its e-pants down because SB Nation, Gawker and other sites found verbiage used on the company's now-changed homepage that seemed to advertise the product as a solution to the hassle of trying to sneak booze into venues.

"What's worse than going to a concert, sporting event, etc. and having to pay $10, $15, $20 for a mixed drink with tax and tip. Are you kidding me?!" the text read. "Take Palcohol into the venue and enjoy a mixed drink for a fraction of the cost."

A new preamble on the site's homepage now states:

"There was a page visible on this site where we were experimenting with some humorous and edgy verbiage about Palcohol. It was not meant to be our final presentation of Palcohol ... Many media outlets copied some of that old verbiage about taking Palcohol into venues to avoid high drink prices. But what they didn't include in their stories is that we mentioned on that same page, that you should check with the stadiums first to make sure they allow it."

At any rate, Gawker thinks this stuff could be dangerous:

It's hard to imagine how or why the federal government signed off on Palcohol, a product that, in the wrong hands, could make the darkest days of the Four Loko era look tame.

But the company, which also says its product can be sprinkled on food (vodka eggs, anyone?) insists that, when used as directed, Palcohol has as much alcohol as a regular mix drink.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/21/powdered-alcohol-palcohol_n_5185944.html?utm_hp_ref=weird-news

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Powdered Alcohol Has Arrived
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: April 21, 2014 03:15PM

So you mix it with water like you would with instant tea or coffee?

Date: April 21, 2014 03:23PM

eesh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So you mix it with water like you would with
> instant tea or coffee?

Seems so and can you mix it with other kinds of alcohol to increase the proof???

And is it really alcohol before you add water??

Posted by: Enrico 2 lazy 2 sign in ()
Date: April 21, 2014 03:25PM

Wait a minute. One cup of powder for one drink? You add that much powder to a glass of water or coke? Sounds like it would be thick like a milkshake.

Date: April 21, 2014 03:36PM

People will be sneaking this into movie theaters and mixing it with their huge ass fountain drink.

Date: April 21, 2014 03:51PM

Wonder what it smells like??

Will it be easy to detect on someones breath??

And what happen if you dump the packet into your mouth and wash it down with some sort of beverage???

Date: April 21, 2014 03:51PM

Wonder what it smells like??

Will it be easy to detect on someones breath??

And what happen if you dump the packet into your mouth and wash it down with some sort of beverage???

Posted by: Gerrymanderer2 ()
Date: April 21, 2014 03:59PM

sneak it into a bar or night club and mix it with coke. save a ton of money. Bars may increase the costs of ordinary soda's to match alcoholic beverages because of this.

Date: April 21, 2014 04:01PM

Gerrymanderer2 Wrote:
> sneak it into a bar or night club and mix it with
> coke. save a ton of money. Bars may increase the
> costs of ordinary soda's to match alcoholic
> beverages because of this.

I guess you will be some sort of advocate/brand ambassador for powdered alcohol like you are for e-cigs.

Posted by: Gerrymanderer2 ()
Date: April 21, 2014 04:23PM

Nope, alcohol doesn't save lives, e cigs do. E cigs also cause you to reduce your nicotine dependency which means if e cigs were widely adopted by cigarette smokers they would not only reduce the health costs and deaths, it would eventually cause eradication of nicotine dependency.

The ultimate goal of e cig users is zero nic. In cigarettes you don't have control over the addictive substance or other substances in the product.

I do like to compare proposed regulations on e-cigarettes that are more extreme than regulations currently on alcohol as a tragedy.

I've gone from 16 mg to 12 to 8 and now I'm going to 4 mg of nicotine next and then zero.

Posted by: Xwcmn ()
Date: April 22, 2014 05:53PM

hey don't try that shit. it will seem to work but be doing internal organ damage.

it's well in the science papers all the modern drugs are doing more damage than good**

every attempt to make artificial substitutions of nature HAS FAILED. they all have weird repercussions.

there is simply no way some wonder chemical perfectly turns from powerder to perfect consumable alcohols.

don't get your bunson burnerned. this is a burn to investors. a good beer can't be replaced by powerder and anyone becoming an alcoholic on cheap powerder instead of at least tasty vodka would be getting ripped off. why die on powerder at least use the good stuff.

**(most have a filler to get them trhough the stomach, which is deadly to organs. it's ok for heart medication because your dead if you don't take heart medication)

Posted by: tP3Dm ()
Date: April 22, 2014 05:55PM

yea powerder MIGHT turn to alcohol

there are 100 HUNDREDS of alcohols idiot. which one ?

don't tell me all the siliva or impure water or what will mix it right

----------------------------
get absolute. they filter their alcohols to pure safe drinking alcohol and it's tastey i hear. safer than beer per say as it has less harmful alcohols.

HOWEVER: power ? they lie. you can't trust obama's crew to tell you if your being lied to

Posted by: put my eyes on it ()
Date: April 22, 2014 06:00PM

I'll believe it when I see it.

Posted by: tomahawk ()
Date: April 22, 2014 08:49PM

I heard on the radio the government changed its mind.

Stupid. Prohibition never works.

Posted by: shower guy ()
Date: April 22, 2014 09:24PM

This is a new incentive for me to switch to baths. Fill up the tub, slide in a few packets of alcohol powder and relax and get a good buzz going.

Of course, afterwards, I would immediately have to shower.

Posted by: wmhc4 ()
Date: April 22, 2014 09:49PM

hey i'm still waiting for the cyanide pills , the cure for being a republican i've been hearing so much about !

i think they'll they just put it in the water like the do dead bodies these days. you know - we all could use the help of democrat managment and have birth controlled by the water supply

great new might be food-safe inventions democrats will never tell you the truth about ! ever !

Posted by: nphbn ()
Date: April 22, 2014 09:52PM

i take that back i'm independant

no fuck that i'm not paid i'm not anyone's bitch

a boss pays money. remember that.

Posted by: Gerrymenderer2 ()
Date: April 22, 2014 09:58PM

Gerrymanderer2 Wrote:
> Nope, alcohol doesn't save lives, e cigs do. E
> cigs also cause you to reduce your nicotine
> dependency which means if e cigs were widely
> adopted by cigarette smokers they would not only
> reduce the health costs and deaths, it would
> eventually cause eradication of nicotine
> dependency.
>
> The ultimate goal of e cig users is zero nic. In
> cigarettes you don't have control over the
> addictive substance or other substances in the
> product.
>
> I do like to compare proposed regulations on
> e-cigarettes that are more extreme than
> regulations currently on alcohol as a tragedy.
>
> I've gone from 16 mg to 12 to 8 and now I'm going
> to 4 mg of nicotine next and then zero.

God you're a fucking idiot. Please continue the ecigs though. That shit killed one of my friends this year.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.