HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Watch out for Snow Plows! (Man Knocked Over by Wave of Snow from Plow Truck Video)
Posted by: Old Man Winter ()
Date: February 15, 2014 05:03AM

Man Knocked Over by Wave of Snow from Plow Truck
http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Snow-Plow-Slush-Knocks-Over-Man-Breaks-Glass-Door-Brooklyn-244112631.html

A truck clearing snow in Brooklyn plowed down a street so forcefully that a wave of the white stuff knocked over a pedestrian and shattered the front door of a business nearby, video shows.

Surveillance video from the JM Legend Auto dealership in Sheepshead Bay shows a man walking along the sidewalk in front of the business on Coney Island Avenue shortly after 5 a.m. Wednesday. Two snowplow trucks are seen approaching on the street from the opposite direction.

The second truck barrels through, sending up a wall of snow and slush that knocks the man over and splatters against the entire storefront of the auto dealership.

The man was able to get up and walk away, the video shows.

One of the owners of JM Legend told NBC 4 New York he arrived at his business Wednesday to find part of the glass front door broken. He discovered what happened when he went to check the surveillance footage.

"We knew the snow was very slushy and very heavy, but we didn't think there would be such a speed of the truck coming down the block, plowing into all the snow," said Danny Marcos.

The Department of Sanitation confirmed Friday the vehicle was a city sanitation truck and said it has identified the workers who were operating it. The employees are facing disciplinary action, according to a department spokeswoman.

The department has apologized to the dealership owner, the spokeswoman said.

The storm Wednesday left behind a slushy mix of snow and freezing rain, on top of the 8 inches of snow dumped by another storm just two days earlier.

Watch the video here:
http://www.nbcnewyork.com/video/#!/on-air/as-seen-on/Plow-Dumps-Snow-on-Pedestrian,-Knocks-Him-Over/244097981

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Watch out for Snow Plows! (Man Knocked Over by Wave of Snow from Plow Truck Video)
Posted by: alibaba ()
Date: February 15, 2014 05:08AM

lmao

Re: Watch out for Snow Plows! (Man Knocked Over by Wave of Snow from Plow Truck Video)
Posted by: 9hh3M ()
Date: February 15, 2014 05:10AM

Old Man Winter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Man Knocked Over by Wave of Snow from Plow Truck
> http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Snow-Plow-Slu
> sh-Knocks-Over-Man-Breaks-Glass-Door-Brooklyn-2441
> 12631.html
>
> A truck clearing snow in Brooklyn plowed down a
> street so forcefully that a wave of the white
> stuff knocked over a pedestrian and shattered the
> front door of a business nearby, video shows.
>
> Surveillance video from the JM Legend Auto
> dealership in Sheepshead Bay shows a man walking
> along the sidewalk in front of the business on
> Coney Island Avenue shortly after 5 a.m.
> Wednesday. Two snowplow trucks are seen
> approaching on the street from the opposite
> direction.
>
> The second truck barrels through, sending up a
> wall of snow and slush that knocks the man over
> and splatters against the entire storefront of the
> auto dealership.
>
> The man was able to get up and walk away, the
> video shows.
>
> One of the owners of JM Legend told NBC 4 New York
> he arrived at his business Wednesday to find part
> of the glass front door broken. He discovered what
> happened when he went to check the surveillance
> footage.
>
> "We knew the snow was very slushy and very heavy,
> but we didn't think there would be such a speed of
> the truck coming down the block, plowing into all
> the snow," said Danny Marcos.
>
> The Department of Sanitation confirmed Friday the
> vehicle was a city sanitation truck and said it
> has identified the workers who were operating it.
> The employees are facing disciplinary action,
> according to a department spokeswoman.
>
> The department has apologized to the dealership
> owner, the spokeswoman said.
>
> The storm Wednesday left behind a slushy mix of
> snow and freezing rain, on top of the 8 inches of
> snow dumped by another storm just two days
> earlier.
>
> Watch the video here:
> http://www.nbcnewyork.com/video/#!/on-air/as-seen-
> on/Plow-Dumps-Snow-on-Pedestrian,-Knocks-Him-Over/
> 244097981
Attachments:
Buried by Snowplow.bmp

Posted by: vwFjv ()
Date: February 15, 2014 05:11AM

Man Buried By Snow Plow On Coney Island Avenue Considers Lawsuit Against City
http://www.sheepsheadbites.com/2014/02/man-buried-by-snow-plow-on-coney-island-avenue-considers-lawsuit-against-city/

The man captured on surveillance video being knocked over by a snow tsunami, courtesy of a speeding Sanitation Department snow plow, on Coney Island Avenue is now mulling a lawsuit against the city.

The incident took place on February 5, when a man calling himself only “Pedro” was walking home shortly after 5 a.m. A snow plow speeding down Coney Island Avenue threw up a wall of snow and ice, striking Pedro and knocking him off his feet. It also did $2,200 worth of damage to the storefront of nearby JM Legend Auto, who captured the entire incident on surveillance video and uploaded it to YouTube, where it went viral.

Pedro got in touch with JM Legend Auto after his sister saw the video of hims on the news, and he agreed to be interviewed on video by the store’s co-owner Steven Sasson, which was uploaded to YouTube.

“I remember when I was walking here, and I felt something, and then I just remembered when I tried to stand up. The thing, I don’t remember,” he said. Pedro never saw the snow coming at him, since he was looking at his feet.

He did say he hurt his head, and he still feels pain in his eyes. He said he was upset and considering a lawsuit, because speeding plows that throw snow and slush onto the sidewalk is “not safe.”

As for JM Legend’s damage, they forwarded the bill for repairs to the Sanitation Department, reports the Daily News.

Snow From Plow Truck Shatters Restaurant Windows, Knocks Over Customer
Posted by: Another One! ()
Date: February 15, 2014 05:17AM

Snow From Plow Truck Shatters Restaurant Windows, Knocks Over Customer
Last week, a similar incident in Brooklyn knocked over a pedestrian and broke the door of a business
http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/NYC-Snowplow-Shatters-Restaurant-Windows-Knocks-Over-Customer-Video-245630791.html

A sanitation truck clearing snow off a Queens street plowed through with such force that it threw mounds of heavy snow across the sidewalk and into a restaurant, blowing out the storefront and knocking over a customer seated inside, video shows.

It's the second time in just over a week that a New York City business has been damaged by snow and ice from a quick-moving snowplow truck.

It's not clear in either case whether the truck was speeding.

Surveillance video from Thursday night's incident at Exo Cafe on Austin Street in Forest Hills shows the moment the windows shatter when a wave of snow and ice is suddenly thrown onto them.

A female customer seated by the window is knocked off her seat and tumbles over from the blast of the windows.

"Everybody jumped. The glass went all the way up to the bar," said restaurant manager Peter Kambitsis.

He said the driver of the plow truck didn't stop and that employees had to catch up to the driver when he finally stopped at a traffic light.

In a statement Friday, the Department of Sanitation said it conducted an investigation into the incident and is taking disciplinary action against the plow truck operators.

The customer who fell over from the blast went to the hospital to get checked out and appeared to be OK, said Kambitsis.

Kambitsis said the doors were broken from the incident and that he had to stay in the restaurant overnight Thursday to guard the business.

Last week, a snowplow in Brooklyn knocked over a pedestrian and broke the glass door of an auto dealership when it similarly sent up a wall of snow and slush. The Department of Sanitation said it was taking disciplinary action against the drivers in that incident.

The pedestrian said it was "very painful" getting hit in the face by ice.

Watch this video here:
http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/NYC-Snowplow-Shatters-Restaurant-Windows-Knocks-Over-Customer-Video-245630791.html
Attachments:
exo+cafe+window+blast+snow.jpg

Posted by: hW9jX ()
Date: February 15, 2014 06:17AM

During the last snow storm, the slush wave knocked my mailbox down. I didn't call the local news to get someone to fix it.

Posted by: Melinda Ardinger ()
Date: February 15, 2014 09:57AM

When the snowplow got to my upscale street (late!), the working class drone driving the plow got some slush on my azaleas. You better believe I got on the phone to his supervisor and then called up Patch and "Seven on your Side!"

Posted by: Xnnub ()
Date: February 16, 2014 05:00AM

Melinda Ardinger Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> When the snowplow got to my upscale street
> (late!), the working class drone driving the plow
> got some slush on my azaleas. You better believe
> I got on the phone to his supervisor and then
> called up Patch and "Seven on your Side!"

Don't forget Kristi King from WTOP!

Posted by: Watch where you walk ()
Date: February 16, 2014 06:08PM

LOL what a loser.

Posted by: kala scarpinksi ()
Date: February 16, 2014 06:18PM

I can understand the store owner doing what they did by billing the city. But Pedro, cmon... get up, brush the snow off your shoulders, and get on with life.

Posted by: eXwuP ()
Date: February 17, 2014 05:03AM

Pedro has a green card covered with snow! Mios Dios!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.