HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
What is the longest that you have stayed awake?
Posted by: Deleterious ()
Date: January 08, 2014 06:47PM

And what was the reason you were up for so long?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is the longest that you have stayed awake?
Posted by: Snorter ()
Date: January 08, 2014 09:15PM

103 hours...cocaine.

Posted by: weekers ()
Date: January 08, 2014 09:18PM

3 days

Unable to sleep because I watched Faces of death the entire series and the flashing of dead people in my mind kept me restless.

Posted by: A 'Lil Schniff Schniff ()
Date: January 08, 2014 09:19PM

Snorter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 103 hours...cocaine.

I rarely go over 48 hours. Either you know how to pace yourself or you had a massive pile. Which is it?

Posted by: Hussein Obama - ()
Date: January 08, 2014 09:49PM

Snorter Wrote:
> 103 hours...cocaine.

Wow, you were snorting it or smoking it? I loved shooting that shit. That was the bomb!

Posted by: DoD Contractor ()
Date: January 08, 2014 09:56PM

96 Hours - upgrading the Sun O/S on Pentagon computers.

Transformer blew in the middle of the night near the JCS and about 10 uniformed MP's in ascots came rushing out with bloody noses from running into walls in the dark.

My upgrade buddy freaked the fuck out, screamed bloody murder, and ran down the corridor like a loon as the MP's chased him thinking it was a terrorist attack.

They beat the fuck out of him and cuffed him.

24 hours later he was released, quit the job, and left the state - FOREVER.

Longest O/S upgrade ever.

Posted by: Not bad ()
Date: January 08, 2014 10:44PM

Threads like these are why I okie the "off topic" section...

I stayed awake for 3.5 days in college during finals. Mostly because that was the only period of time I did any studying. No illegal drugs or pills. Tons of red bull and caffeine pills though. And then after all the tests I found out my girlfriend was coming over to fuck a couple hours later. Stayed awake even more cause I knew when I fell asleep I wouldn't wake up for her.

After all that I think I slept for 19 hours straight

Posted by: FusilliJerry ()
Date: January 08, 2014 10:56PM

About 48 hours. Woke up the day before I was to fly to Hawaii for 10 days and couldn't get to sleep because I was worried I wouldn't hear my alarm that was to go off at 3:30 AM (flight was at ~7 AM), so I stayed up all night and didn't sleep on the 18 hour trip to Hawaii. Finally got to the Big Island, had dinner and 2 beers, then passed out.

Posted by: thatrooof ()
Date: January 08, 2014 11:01PM

I'd say weekends for an entire year during the rave scene of the late 90's.

We would hit up our dude, pick up 100 pills, hit the club, sell and eat a bunch, then party all night at my boys house with our girls.

THEN, back to the crib, bumping K & Crystal all day Saturday.

Saturday night drink, and take a couple more.

Try to sleep Sundays, but end up staying awake til that night.

So from Fri am- Sunday night, ~100 hours'ish.

Posted by: lucid dreamer ()
Date: January 08, 2014 11:44PM

About 5 days for finals and term paper. I stated seeing double at the end. Even now, I still occasionally have dreams where I walk into class late on the last day and realize that I didn't know there was a test or a final paper due that day. I also realize during the dream that I'm no longer in college. The dream ends there.

Posted by: SuperNiggr ()
Date: January 08, 2014 11:50PM

My roommate in college was a Latvian mad chemist who dabbled with manufacturing psychoactives in his free time. Over spring break he made several different batches of acid. Things got messy when we took a second dose, thinking the first did not work. We tripped face for almost a week straight...

Posted by: bloody blisters ()
Date: January 09, 2014 12:42AM

76 hours

did it just to see how long i could stay awake. i cheated a little though, popped a few 35mg of adderall. the hardest part was keeping myself entertained. i drew a lot of pictures. time doesnt really exist.

Attachments:

Posted by: Tales From the QA Lab ()
Date: January 09, 2014 01:23AM

38 hours. I was the last surviving QA/Test engineer on a project that had a hard delivery date or the company was looking at nearly six-figure penalties every day we were late.

We were three weeks out and still not feature complete. We wound up doing days that went from 12 to 18 hours and were feature complete less than 72 hours before delivery. In those days, you didn't write a test case until the feature was complete, because we were fucking stupid and the testing tools sucked.

We spent the last three days on the final push to get the showstopper bugs out of the application. The QA/Test lead quit 8 days before delivery, and the other engineer quit 20 hours into the push, so I had 18 hours where I was testing every-mother-fucking-thing by myself for two teams of programmers, of whom about a third were actually competent.

Fucking programmers were just submitting builds on their modules so they could catch 30-45 minutes of sleep during the build process, then I'd test it and it'd break in exactly the same way it had an hour earlier. I'd check the diff in version control and they'd changed nothing in the source except for the comments, maybe hoping that the magical build system fairy would make it work this time.

I was seeing creepy-crawlies in the carpet and the text on the monitor was doing a little conga-line dance across the screen, and those are just the more interesting hallucinations I had. There are several hours of my life where I know I must have been doing things, but I have absolutely no recollection of them to this day.

Posted by: Alias ()
Date: January 09, 2014 03:16AM

I don't know how many hours....... 38, 48, 58, it's a blur.... but, I was flying from NY to Hong Kong, and couldn't sleep, the seats on planes throw my head forward.

So, I was watching movies, walking around, eating cookies, drinking wine, and so forth.

I arrived at my apartment after midnight and went to bed, but couldn't sleep, so I walked up to the roof and enjoyed the most spectacular view of the city.

Standing there, I was THRILLED. A balmy, sensuous breeze was feeding the "high".

Finally, my senses relaxed, and I was tired. I walked to the roof door with my eyes half closed.

I tried to open the door, but the door was locked.

(there is more to this story, but the rest is embarrassing)

Date: January 09, 2014 03:28AM

you have an apartment in hong kong?

Attachments:

Date: January 09, 2014 03:33AM

bloody blisters Wrote:
> you have an apartment in hong kong?

used to. it was lovely...

Date: January 09, 2014 03:40AM

Alias Wrote:
> bloody blisters Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > you have an apartment in hong kong?
>
>
> used to. it was lovely...

whats the flora like in hong kong? im sure there are some weird looking houseplants there

Attachments:

Date: January 09, 2014 03:46AM

bloody blisters Wrote:
> Alias Wrote:
> -----
> > bloody blisters Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > you have an apartment in hong kong?
> >
> >
> > used to. it was lovely...
>
>
> whats the flora like in hong kong? im sure there
> are some weird looking houseplants there

a subtropical climate with a lush flora. beautiful.

Posted by: Bill.N. ()
Date: January 09, 2014 04:46AM

I've gone over 70 hours many times. More brutal though is when you go for extended time with very little sleep. For example 12 hours per week for a couple of weeks straight.

Posted by: eesh ()
Date: January 09, 2014 06:42AM

72 hours....some of the medication I've been on, it leaves me wired for days.

Posted by: graymoose1 ()
Date: January 09, 2014 10:52AM

36 hrs, the eventual birth of my daughter.

---------------------------------------------------
W.W.S.D. what would Scooby Doo

Posted by: unfairfax ()
Date: January 09, 2014 12:50PM

48 hours was tops for me, pulling 5 8 hour shifts in a row because my backup AND the backup's backup didn't show.

At least my supervisor paid me triple time and sent me pizza for dinner, brought me bagels for breakfast, and red bull to stay awake....but I cussed out my coworkers when they finally came back into work for leaving me stuck at that damn desk (we could not leave it unattended for NO reason!)

Posted by: abelard ()
Date: January 09, 2014 10:29PM

I've made it into my 3rd day a couple of times, and each with was brutal.

Two days before a geology exam I stayed up all night with a young lady who was a designo (who routinely pulled white nights to finish projects), figuring I'd sleep in for the day, study a bit, get a good nights sleep, no problem. Unfortunately my best friend's mom died that day and he was he was pretty shattered, so we stayed up all night drinking shitty coffee in a diner. Next morning I was so fried my short-term memory wouldn't work, which is bad when you're taking a multiple-choice test. I had to read the question, read answer A, read the question, read answer B, and so on for 100 questions. It was exquisite torture, and I damn near failed 'Rocks for Jocks'.

Another time I summited Mt. Rainier (in decent weather), having gotten almost no sleep the day before we set off. We climbed up to 10,000 feet and spent the night in a crappy bunkhouse, trying to get any shuteye while breathing the farts of the 50 other folks crammed in there waiting for their set-out time. If you want to make it to the top by noon, you have to leave in the early am, but you also have to stagger rope teams to prevent traffic jams. We dressed out at 3 am and I swear I hadn't sleep a wink. We got the top at noon and started the long hike down. By late afternoon we were all stumbling like the walking dead, and I honestly thought it would never fucking end. When we finally got the bottom, it was all I could do to take off my gear before I got into bed, from which I did not stir till for an entire day and the night after. When I finally did, the first thing I noticed was how much I stank. And I took what I'm pretty sure is one of the biggest, finest dumps in recorded history.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2014 11:09AM by abelard.

Date: January 10, 2014 01:43AM

After staying up too many hours studying for a difficult exam, I fell asleep in my first period class..... a stupid class that had something to do with sex..... and fell out of my chair.

Posted by: whale ()
Date: January 10, 2014 03:16AM

graymoose1 Wrote:
> 36 hrs, the eventual birth of my daughter.
Attachments:
Whale_.JPG

Posted by: Dexter Morgan ()
Date: January 11, 2014 01:11PM

I'm glad this thread was a hit.

Longest for me was about 30, because I ran out of Ambien.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.