HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Am I the only one who thinks Kojak, Marcus Welby, Adam 12 & Qunicy M.E. etc... were far superior television programs than all of today's current CSI bullshit?
Posted by: CSI = SHIT ()
Date: January 05, 2014 12:36PM

TVKO1(1).jpg

Am I the only one who thinks Kojak, Marcus Welby, Adam 12 & Qunicy M.E. etc... were far superior television programs than all of today's current CSI bullshit?

Fuck that CSI bullshit.
Never watched it.
Never will.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Am I the only one who thinks Kojak, Marcus Welby, Adam 12 & Qunicy M.E. etc... were far superior television programs than all of today's current CSI bullshit?
Posted by: Wilbur Post ()
Date: January 05, 2014 12:53PM

Mr. Ed was more believable than any of those CSI shows.

Re: Am I the only one who thinks Kojak, Marcus Welby, Adam 12 & Qunicy M.E. etc... were far superior television programs than all of today's current CSI bullshit?
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: January 05, 2014 12:59PM

I liked watching Dragnet on Nick at Nite.

Date: January 05, 2014 01:00PM

Dick Wolf has turned the Law and Order franchise into his own personal soapbox. Pre-2000 Law and Order had a lot more substance than anything newer.

Posted by: O_P_ ()
Date: January 05, 2014 01:01PM

I have family who tried to get me into the CSIs but after 5-10 minutes I was bored out of my mind.

Posted by: Law and Order SUCKS ()
Date: January 05, 2014 01:32PM

eesh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Dick Wolf has turned the Law and Order franchise
> into his own personal soapbox. Pre-2000 Law and
> Order had a lot more substance than anything
> newer.

I agree it was way better in the 90s before it turned into background noise people do not pay attention to when they have their tvs on.

Posted by: Jim Rockford ()
Date: January 05, 2014 01:39PM

I love that synthy tune in the opening credits to The Rockford Files. Also CHiPs. When I hear the insipid theme song for Law &Order it makes me want to pummels whoever made that piece of shit.

Posted by: sgt rock ()
Date: June 18, 2014 12:22PM

Jim Rockford Wrote:
> I love that synthy tune in the opening credits to
> The Rockford Files. Also CHiPs. When I hear the
> insipid theme song for Law &Order it makes me want
> to pummels whoever made that piece of shit.

Jim, do you still keep your .38 in the cookie jar?

Posted by: Rat Patrol (in color) ()
Date: June 18, 2014 02:59PM

I never cared for "The Rookies" or 'S.W.A.T.". I liked "Police Story", "Dragnet". The movie "Electra Glide in Blue" was great!

Date: June 18, 2014 03:02PM

What was the appeal of CHiPS? I don't understand.
Attachments:
estrada-sm.jpg

Posted by: Quincy was good ()
Date: June 18, 2014 03:14PM

Jack Klugman did a great job.

Posted by: Priapus ()
Date: June 18, 2014 03:18PM

I always thought the adult shows of the late 50's ,early 60's showed how American society was evolving before it split into 2 camps. Shows like Route 66, East Side/West Side, Man With a Camera, Have Gun Will travel, Follow the Sun, M Squad, The Many Loves Of Dobie Gillis

Posted by: VE77u ()
Date: June 18, 2014 03:21PM

You are seriously geezing dude.

Posted by: 50s were great ()
Date: June 18, 2014 03:27PM

People knew their place back then. Shows were more realistic, like "Amos and Andy", I got a kick out of Moms Mobley. People were not judgemental, movies like "Song of the South" and "Briar Fox" were appreciated for their artistic value.

Posted by: hey dont forget ()
Date: June 18, 2014 04:34PM

dont for get MACGIVER, fucking loved that show.

Posted by: Priapus ()
Date: June 18, 2014 05:12PM

VE77u Wrote:
> You are seriously geezing dude.

Geezing? you youngsters should watch the best theme music from the 4 seasons of the best show on TV!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_NytrnoI_Q

Posted by: Vexxxed ()
Date: June 19, 2014 06:54AM

hey dont forget Wrote:
> dont for get MACGIVER, fucking loved that show.

I bet he was good enough that he could have taken the words "for" and "get" and turned them into ONE word.

With a Swiss Army knife and a jar of grape jelly.

Posted by: tomahawk ()
Date: June 19, 2014 11:02PM

Hart to Hart was the best TV show ever. Except for Love Boat.

Date: June 19, 2014 11:09PM

Moonlighting with Bruce Willis!

Some walk by night
Some fly by day
Nothing could change you
Set and sure of the way
Charming and bright
Laughing and gay
I'm just a stranger
Love the Blues and the Braves
There is the sun and moon
Facing their old, sweet tune
Watch them when dawn is due
Sharing one space
Some walk by night
Some fly by day
Something is sweeter
When you meet 'long the way
There is the sun and moon
Facing their old, sweet tune
Watch them when dawn is due
Sharing one space
So come walk the night
Come fly by day
Something is sweeter
'Cause we met 'long the way
We'll walk the night
We'll fly by day
Moonlighting strangers
Who just met on the way
Who just met on the way

Posted by: STEVE KELLER ()
Date: June 20, 2014 11:45AM

Frank Cannon had some signature moves. I love the Belly Bump.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_t-E14CSKOs

Posted by: old timers ()
Date: June 20, 2014 05:58PM

Hey lets be honest...the new generation never watched the old stuff. By the OP's admission he said he never watched CSI.

People tend to gravitate towards what they loved growing up.

I'd be more interested in hearing from someone who isnt an old head. Have them go take a look at the old shows then give us their opinion on if they like our type of old shows better than the new new.

Date: June 20, 2014 11:14PM

The new shows are too action oriented. If you ever watch the first season of Law & Order and compare it to the any season post 2005, you can see how there is less talking, more suspense, more fast paced scenes. Same goes for CSI, you watch the pilot episode, and you see how faster paced the newer episodes are.

Posted by: KUNKd ()
Date: June 21, 2014 12:21AM

those CSI shows are mind rot

they prey on ill people's feelings

they continually suggest ill people do things that will get them arrested like a broken record. AND TAKE LOTS OF PILLS

YOU MUST TAKE THE PILLS

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.