HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
If I buy an iPhone with the money I was given for Xmas will the iPhone screen size make my eyes hurt after a while because my eyes are used to a much larger laptop screen? Am I better off just keeping my crappy old cell phone instead?
Posted by: Buying my 1st iPhone ()
Date: December 26, 2013 06:54AM

verizon-lg-vx5500-phone.jpg

Instead of buying an iPad, if I buy an iPhone with the money I was given for Xmas will the iPhone screen size make my eyes hurt after a while because my eyes are used to a much larger laptop screen?
Am I better off just keeping my crappy old cell phone?

I really do not need internet on my phone.
I can text and make phone calls on my current crappy old cell phone pictured above.
Plus my eyes are used to a much larger laptop screen.
Should I just spend my money on something else?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: If I buy an iPhone with the money I was given for Xmas will the iPhone screen size make my eyes hurt after a while because my eyes are used to a much larger laptop screen? Am I better off just keeping my crappy old cell phone instead?
Posted by: Gerrymanderer2 ()
Date: December 26, 2013 07:09AM

Keep the old cell phone. Let me tell you this as an advanced user. The cost/benefit juat isn't there. Your cell phone is actually more capable than the ipad considering the price. Its not even close considering your cell phone is for free.

0 cost/ benefit always wins.

Re: If I buy an iPhone with the money I was given for Xmas will the iPhone screen size make my eyes hurt after a while because my eyes are used to a much larger laptop screen? Am I better off just keeping my crappy old cell phone instead?
Posted by: O_P_ ()
Date: December 26, 2013 07:15AM

Gerrymanderer2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Keep the old cell phone. Let me tell you this as
> an advanced user. The cost/benefit juat isn't
> there. Your cell phone is actually more capable
> than the ipad considering the price. Its not even
> close considering your cell phone is for free.
>
> 0 cost/ benefit always wins.

True.

I once tried to go down from my regular 40 inch television to a 9 inch portable dvd player during a cross country trip and I had to turn off the portable dvd player after about an hour because my eyes started to hurt and I was getting a headache.

Posted by: Gerrymanderer2 ()
Date: December 26, 2013 07:18AM

Well aren't you a little bitch.

Posted by: O_P_ ()
Date: December 26, 2013 07:38AM

Gerrymanderer2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well aren't you a little bitch.

Well thats why I asked if such a giant reduction in screen size from a laptop to an iPhone was worth it from an internet browsing prespective.
A neighbor of mine once traded in his much taller white wife for much a shorter Asian woman and it worked out for him so larger is not always better.

Posted by: Mo free Barry ()
Date: December 26, 2013 07:51AM

Dont listen to gerry he only has an obamaphone.

Posted by: Siege ()
Date: December 26, 2013 08:10AM

Don't get an iphone.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.