HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Disadvantages of the Industrial Revolution?
Posted by: Rod ()
Date: December 15, 2008 07:49PM

Ever think about the disadvantages of the industrial revolution? Before the Industrial revolution was village life. Everyone knew everyone from the time they were born until the minute they died. There was less materialism true but that was some blessing. There was a tie to the land that has been irrevicably broke. Everyone had a role and that was paramount in thier lives. There is a host of sociological and environmental and economic problems associated with industrialization. Ghandi after partition strove to return his country to the path of village life and self sufficiency.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Disadvantages of the Industrial Revolution?
Posted by: Shoveler ()
Date: December 15, 2008 08:27PM

Pre-Industrial Revolution...

Dirt poor wages and slavery.

Mostly agrarian society.

Medical science was not as advanced.

Life-span much shorter.

Ghandi drank his own piss.

Inside every Indian, there's an American just dying to get out.

Date: December 15, 2008 08:41PM

Shoveler Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Pre-Industrial Revolution...
>
> Dirt poor wages and slavery.
>
> Mostly agrarian society.
>
> Medical science was not as advanced.
>
> Life-span much shorter.
>
> Ghandi drank his own piss.
>
> Inside every Indian, there's an American just
> dying to get out.

Well I was afraid you were going to bring some of this up. The Indians were pre industrial and when the white man got here all the men were doing was hunting and fishing while the women were cooking all day. I don't know that all pre industrial societies were short lived. True they tended to be superstitious.

Date: December 15, 2008 09:28PM

If it weren't for the Industrial Revolution, there wouldn't be an Information Age. If it weren't for the Information Age, you wouldn't be here spouting your nonsense. Your ass would be on a ice sheet floating into the Bering Sea while the other Inuits continued on their seal hunt in peace and quiet.

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: December 15, 2008 09:50PM

Shoveler Wrote:
> Pre-Industrial Revolution...
>
> Dirt poor wages and slavery.
>
> Mostly agrarian society.
>
> Medical science was not as advanced.
>
> Life-span much shorter.
>
> Ghandi drank his own piss.
>
> Inside every Indian, there's an American just
> dying to get out.

But this age came about at a cost of the Civil War and the destruction of the South.

Medical science was further advanced with herbal remedies, which we could have learned alot more from the Native Americans had we not been so greedy. We discounted their knowledge because of their appearance which was ignorance on our part. Based on readings most women who were kidnaped by the Indians once located and freed went back to their kidnappers because they learned to appreciate the Indians and their ways, and chose that life over their original life. Plus the Indian made a better lover, which made the white man angry. I think this is the real core of the ill-will between the Native American and PaleFace.

In factories you had young children working which began to destroy the family unit and the focus was upon the greed, not the people. Then the influx of immigrants to work in the factories. They lived like rats in cages, alot like immigrants now. These new and strange people brought distrust to the locals which bred fear, which has continued today. But we don't have an industrial revolution any longer, it's been exported as with most all mfg. We are left with the waste and disadvantages.

I personally would like to have the Indians back with the country as it was then. Paleface has made a mess of things, just like the Indians said he would.
It would seem our conntry isn't any better then any other, considering what we've done. We should never forget where we came from.

Date: December 15, 2008 10:07PM

Rod Wrote:
> Shoveler Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Pre-Industrial Revolution...
> >
> > Dirt poor wages and slavery.
> >
> > Mostly agrarian society.
> >
> > Medical science was not as advanced.
> >
> > Life-span much shorter.
> >
> > Ghandi drank his own piss.
> >
> > Inside every Indian, there's an American just
> > dying to get out.
>
>
> Well I was afraid you were going to bring some of
> this up. The Indians were pre industrial and when
> the white man got here all the men were doing was
> hunting and fishing while the women were cooking
> all day. I don't know that all pre industrial
> societies were short lived. True they tended to be
> superstitious.

Rod, you need to brush up on a few things. (although I should have been
more specific in the term "Indian". )I meant the imported variety
from India) I am 1/4 Cherokee and totally disagree that all the men
did was hunt and fish all day. If that were the case, we'd have millions
of men who would clamor for such a lifestyle. (me included)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Industrial_Revolution

Date: December 15, 2008 10:11PM

Rod,
One more thing. Notice the Construction and Canoe building industries
of the time.

http://www.cherokee-nc.com/index.php?page=17

Lots more to do than hunt and fish. (trapping was a way of life too)

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: December 15, 2008 10:20PM

Rod...
file.php?40,file=2336
"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Date: December 15, 2008 10:50PM

Groovy man!

Posted by: sk8ter bOI ()
Date: December 16, 2008 02:11AM

Well put, spunky. They lived in true freedom. We just brought tyranny, bankerism, and oppression. I truly morn for the indigenous Americans.

America murdered over 500 independent nations to conquer this continent. Our history began as a genocide.

Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: December 16, 2008 01:17PM

As did almost any other country that exists on the planet today. The Indians would probably have been overrun by some other nation by now, or have had to somehow come together as a nation to fight off China or Russia or some other nation like Spain or Portugal who were big into the colony making business. If not for us, America would probably be a lot like Africa of today - a lot of tribes being played off against each other. American Indians were constantly fighting each other over territory and other issues - and were not all these altruistic nature lovers that people would like to believe. Assuming they never had to deal with Europeans they would have eventually over-populated to the point that they would have had to change or die.

While I feel bad about what the country did to get here, at this point we are here, and again have to make the best of the current situation.

Date: December 18, 2008 12:21AM

Registered Voter Wrote:
> As did almost any other country that exists on the
> planet today. The Indians would probably have been
> overrun by some other nation by now, or have had
> to somehow come together as a nation to fight off
> China or Russia or some other nation like Spain or
> Portugal who were big into the colony making
> business. If not for us, America would probably be

So the Indians should thank you? If it weren't for the Indians
there would be no America, because they could have let your pasty-white
ass die when your ancestors had no idea how to survive on their land, but they
didn't. They had heart which sets them apart from any of the people of today.
They also respected this land and were rich with knowledge that we underestimated.

> a lot like Africa of today - a lot of tribes being
> played off against each other. American Indians
> were constantly fighting each other over territory
> and other issues - and were not all these
> altruistic nature lovers that people would like to

There's good and bad everywhere. Look what we've created at
their expense. There's always going to be the conflict of good
and evil, like me and you, respectively!

> believe. Assuming they never had to deal with
> Europeans they would have eventually
> over-populated to the point that they would have
> had to change or die.

Not as quickly as we are faced with it now, and the added impact
on our resources, pollution and destruction as a result of such over-
population.

>
> While I feel bad about what the country did to get
> here, at this point we are here, and again have to
> make the best of the current situation.

Some of this countries greedy are making more of the situation then others, just as they did years ago at the expense of humans, to bad you weren't one of them. But let's make the best of the situation. A situation that has killed humans, is putting humans out of their homes, jobs, insurance, health care and essentially attacking their way of life...for greed! It's the American way! How do you make the best of that? How do you justify that? How do you twist that to come out right? You are an Indian, like it or not!

Don't you think it says alot that in our Nation's Capitol we had a
museum for the Jewish people long before we had one for the Native
American people? The Jewish people, are they from this country?

So, the Native Americans would have eventually destroyed themselves so it's
just as well we destroyed them ourselves? Does that pretty much sum up your post RV? I want to make sure I am not guilty of putting words in youor mouth?

Posted by: Alias ()
Date: December 18, 2008 03:10AM

\]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2012 01:08PM by Alias.

Date: December 18, 2008 04:38AM

Alias Wrote:
> I wish I'd lived back then, as an Indian. While
> the men went off to kill the buffalo and make war
> with other tribes, the women stayed close to the
> village. They gathered fruits and vegetables,
> made pretty baskets, kept the fires going and
> watched the children. Sometimes they were
> attacked by other tribes and brutally killed.
> Those must have been good times. And, that was
> before the evil white man arrived.
>

Yes you are!

> It was a simple life.

I guess no one is brutally killed now? Hell good people were
sent half way round the world to die for black gold, that makes
alot of sense you ugly paleface!

People have been killing and dying since the beginning of time, what's
your point? No one has the right to kill another, least of all for greed!
The light of God does not shine brighter on America because of who we are, far
from it, due to the likes of you!

You are the sick mind behind this sick forum Elliot,(Alias/Bob/Rotaredom/The Rev/Genevieve/496/moderator/radiophile/Thomas More/...it's the never-ending list of names and sick characters. No wonder Cary never answers my PMs, he doesn't exist.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2008 04:38AM by spunky.

Posted by: rrr ()
Date: December 18, 2008 08:36AM

I was listening to Alex Jones (1 575 464 3070 or on prison planet.com) and another commentator named Allen Watt (Cut into the Matrix.com) on his show last night. New World Order. They feel that thier efforts of informing the public via Internet and radio will be curtailed in the near future. Both relayed attempts of the Globalists to bring them on board. Alex gave a story that his mother in law is active in Democratic politics and there was some kind of a reception in which Bill Clinton was featured. Someone asked about Alex and suprisingly Bill Clinton commented that he thought Alex was one of the most important political commentator of these times in the world today. The globalists most fear someone that can rally the people. Alex has had various people from the New World Order try and recruit him. They feel that they are only continued to be allowed as a way for the globalists to be able to moniter what the public reaction is. But the big fear would be if people rallied and tried to put a stop to the plans of the Globalists.

Generally it is known that Globalists do not like blacks. And just like we had Janet Reno used to be kind of violence during the Clinton. So to will Hillary Clinton be used to commit a lot of violence against America. "The Goddes will extract the blood. Obama will be taken out in some way. They were talking in known patterns that the New Word order uses.

They do not feel Bush will be kept in becaause they have invested too much invested in Obama.

He talked about the Army War College developing rules of engagement so they can attack the American people.

88 new taxes and fees in New York City. 18% on soda.

There are many movies and video games coming out. They are sort of fiction getting people sort of to accept coming martial law.

Most of these financial saviors are really the authors of our financial doom.

Ron Paul was on saying that more people and especially are believing that things are really a hoax. Alex said the financiall Times of London called for a one world government with bankers as the rullers. It's not only the lose of our money but the loss of our liberty. Ron Paul said that some very good people went along with going for war and are now going along with this financial resque. He thinlks it will take them at least a year to completly colapse the dollar. The phone was lost lost as They talked about ecconomic terrorism. Obama's cronies will take over the unions is seen as a danger. Ron Paul fears they will close down the internet. Alex talked about Inter net 2 with limited websites.

Alex quotes Henry Kissenger saying they will colapse the ecconomy.

Posted by: Bob ()
Date: December 18, 2008 09:55AM

???????

WTF?

Date: December 18, 2008 01:29PM

i have zero remorse for the pre-america natives nor those enslaved. why you ask... because I DIDNT DO ANY OF THOSE THINGS.

spunky Wrote:
> You are the sick mind behind this sick forum
> Elliot,(Alias/Bob/Rotaredom/The
> Rev/Genevieve/496/moderator/radiophile/Thomas
> More/...it's the never-ending list of names and
> sick characters. No wonder Cary never answers my
> PMs, he doesn't exist.

no, cary doesnt answer your PMs because you are a paranoid nutjob.

file.php?40,file=3329
"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: ferfux ()
Date: December 18, 2008 01:31PM

drink Campa-cola!

Date: December 18, 2008 02:20PM

spunky Wrote:

>
> So, the Native Americans would have eventually
> destroyed themselves so it's
> just as well we destroyed them ourselves? Does
> that pretty much sum up your post RV? I want to
> make sure I am not guilty of putting words in
> youor mouth?

Posted by: sk8ter bOI ()
Date: December 16, 2008 02:11AM

Well put, spunky. They lived in true freedom. We just brought tyranny, bankerism, and oppression. I truly morn for the indigenous Americans.

America murdered over 500 independent nations to conquer this continent. Our history began as a genocide.

I then respond with:

As did almost any other country that exists on the planet today....\

And some other thoughts about them probably being exploited by some other country.

WHY?

Because they were a tribal society with loose affiliations. Even with the threat of the "white man" they were unable and unwilling to come together as a nation and fight them off. There was NO Indian Nation in the US to begin with. There were Indians, yes.

What I was pointing out was, if you look at just about ANY OTHER COUNTRY in the world today, they were created off of the backs of, or due to the killing of, some other race or tribe that existed before them. That was how the world evolved - strange huh? Not really - tribal evolution has been well documented throughout the world. The name of the game was adapt, or be replaced - and that is what happened (unfortunately) to the American Indian.

Do I lament this? To some degree yes, because they had a society that was unique and interesting. Does this mean I should throw everything over and let them take over what may have, at one time, been theirs to claim? No. Again, something I stated in response to Vince (which he still doesn't understand); Measuring Today's results by Today's reality is not meaningful in any way other than as a way to torture yourself. Meaning, back when all this happened, there were a lot of other issues on the table, and the reality that those folks lived in dictated the choices they made (good or bad) - today we look at how it all turned out and go "man, too bad all that happened". Not that they would have known, thought, or cared about any of this back then, because they were faced with a much different set of conditions then what we are looking at today. Would the world be different? Sure. Would it be better? How could you ever know? So, leave it at the fact that we are here now, and this is what we are faced with, and lets try to make it better for EVERYONE, and make the best of it. Sitting here lamenting over the "possibility" that life would be better today if they had been left alone is merely speculative "grass is greener on the other side" BS.

EDIT: If the American Indians had never encountered the "white man" - there is no telling what kind of nation (if any) would be here today. That was my point. Nice history, but meaningless in moving forward other than trying not to repeat it to some other group of people in the future.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2008 02:24PM by Registered Voter.

Date: December 18, 2008 05:27PM

]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2012 01:43PM by Alias.

Date: December 18, 2008 05:31PM

Good point. Maybe while we are lamenting what a bad bunch of people we are, Iran will stick a nuke up our collective asses. Talk about not learning a lesson - we will be the next Indians if this stupidity of self-remorse doesn't get dealt with.

Oh wait, I suppose we deserve it....

I think that is one of the greatest benefits to LA and San Francisco - a large proportion of the folks that have some terminal issues are living there. And while I would not wish Ill on anyone - perhaps one day the "Big One" will come and radically change the landscape in more ways than one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2008 05:33PM by Registered Voter.

Posted by: ferfux ()
Date: December 18, 2008 05:59PM

I then responded with,

"my weiner has a first name its YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM"

Your quote was

"here comes registered voter, hes a berserker"

"oh non mon ami! NON!"

thats right ESSE, Lean like a cholo!

Date: December 19, 2008 01:39AM

Alias Wrote:
> Maybe all the guilt ridden white people should go
> repent for their sins, maybe commit suicide en
> masse out in California or on some vortex in
> Arizona. They're nothing but dead weight anyway.

+1

Date: December 20, 2008 12:19AM

This is the sort of stupidity you foster through your multiple Alias posters and you have no credibility or respect here or elsewhere. You are a fool and you have proven it to the world Elliot (Alias) especially with your backwards thinking. Now you are plagiarizing my words and colloqiualisms after harassing me...you are worse then a Nazi or a bully. You are now trying to create numbers for a dying site.

You have a big mouth and now problem, and you know it! Good-bye Elliot, for now.

Date: December 20, 2008 02:36AM

\

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2012 01:37PM by Alias.

Date: December 20, 2008 04:37AM

Alias Wrote:
> Skunky,
>
> There's a bus leaving for California in the
> morning. Buy a ticket.

I guess I have hit a nerve and the truth! It's spunky and don't forget it you worthless piece of crap! What's wrong you can't take what you've been dishing out to me for months? Typical abusive weak little man symptoms.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.