HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Do you like Panera Bread Company?
Posted by: Breadlover ()
Date: November 23, 2013 12:01PM

i think its a good alternative to McDonald's, but people seem to think its a lot healthier than it is. For example, a chicken salad sandwich is something like 800 calories plus 1400 mg of sodium. Whereas, a Big Mac from McDonald's is only 550 calories and 1200 mg of sodium.

Isn't that ironic? I still like Panera Bread company in terms of taste, but its actually more fattening than McDonald's!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you like Panera Bread Company?
Posted by: carbs carbs carbs ()
Date: November 23, 2013 12:06PM

I like the food, but am fully aware that it's not healthy.

High in calories, carbs, and sodium. But it sure is yummy.

Subway is another one with tons of sodium, the calories also stack up pretty quick depending on what you get.

Posted by: tomahawk ()
Date: November 23, 2013 01:55PM

But McDonalds is a big evil corporation and Panera is a coffee shop-looking wifi hotspot for wannabe hipsters and laptop hobos to hang out in, so Panera must be less fattening than McD's, right?

Posted by: Paneralies ()
Date: November 23, 2013 08:22PM

Lol. At least with McDonald's they don't advertise as being a "healty" fast food option. It is what it is, and they're not ashamed of that. Panera always talks as if they are gourmet health food, when they are even higher in calories and salt than most at other fast food joints

I see so many fatsos in Panera ordering their tuscan turkey or whatever, thinking "oh yeah, i get to pig out on health food" then they grab a diet coke at the drink fountain!

Ironically, the healthiest fast food place is Chic-Fil-A. Their grilled chicken sandwiches are only 250 calories, with low sodium, and very high in protein.

Posted by: fuckyou ()
Date: November 23, 2013 09:32PM

No.

Posted by: Hipster before it was hip ()
Date: November 23, 2013 09:33PM

Panera is always full of yuppie scum and pretentious faggots.

Posted by: McDowels ()
Date: November 23, 2013 09:56PM

McDonald's is filled with illegal spics and niggs.

Posted by: eesh ()
Date: November 23, 2013 10:25PM

LOL at laptop hobos. It always amazes me the people that hang out at Starbucks, Panera, Noodles and Company, etc. with their new Apple laptops. They can afford a $1000 computer but can't get the internet at home.....

What I hate are the d-bags that have business meetings and job interviews in Panera. Going to a job interview in a glorified fast food place is a big red flag to me.

Posted by: oh wowz Panera! ()
Date: November 23, 2013 10:39PM

eesh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> LOL at laptop hobos. It always amazes me the
> people that hang out at Starbucks, Panera, Noodles
> and Company, etc. with their new Apple laptops.
> They can afford a $1000 computer but can't get the
> internet at home.....
>
> What I hate are the d-bags that have business
> meetings and job interviews in Panera. Going to a
> job interview in a glorified fast food place is a
> big red flag to me.

What you dont think that's hip and cool and happening?! I especially love the creme colored walls, the kill me now soft sleepy music, the awesome soup spoons. I feel like I'd be hired instantaneously.

Gosh Panera just makes me want to put on a navy blue sport coat, khakis, leave my shirt unbuttoned and frolick through the parking lot with a closed umbrella! oh what heaven

Posted by: FusilliJerry ()
Date: November 23, 2013 11:49PM

The office I work in orders Panera for meetings. Decent sandwiches, but I have never gone to one. It is getting stale though as they order it every meeting, so I pass on the sandwiches and run to some place else beofer or after the meetings. It is a bit pricey, but i like Sandwich Republic over in Springfield. Used to like Bozzeli's, but they got expensive. I liked it before they started putting money into the place.

Posted by: tomahawk ()
Date: November 24, 2013 12:17AM

Where I work we tried several times over the years to order takeout from Panera and every single time they fucked up the order.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.