HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Need 12 CPU cores and 24 threads in your laptop? Eurocom says why not
Posted by: Department of Why the Fuck Not ()
Date: November 22, 2013 01:15AM

Behold the "Panther 5S3 Mobile Server" laptop, with a 12-core Intel Xeon processor sporting 24 logical threads, RAID, and optional SLI/CrossFireX.

For when you really, really, really need to get that last frame per second. And when you really, really, really, have to fry your testicles.

http://www.maximumpc.com/eurocom_builds_first_12-core_24-thread_laptop_weighs_12_pounds

Model's default specs:

All-in-One Server with XEON 12-cores/24-treads, integrated display, keyboard and built in UPS (Uninterrupted Power Supply)
WEIGHT/DIMENSIONS:5.5kg (12.1lbs); 419(W)x286(D)x57.9-62.1(H)mm (16.76x11.44x2.31-2.48inch)
SECURITY: TPM 1.2; Fingerprint, Kensington Lock
OPERATING SYSTEMS: Microsoft: Server 2012, 2008R2; VMware, VMware ESXi; Linux; RedHat 6.4 Enterprise Server Edition
CORE LOGIC: Intel X79 Express Chipset
PROCESSOR: 12-core, 10-core, 8-core and 6-core Intel XEON E5-2600 and E5-2600 v2 series; up to E5-2697 v2 (12-cores/24-treads); socket LGA2011
MEMORY: up to 64GB; DDR3-1333/1600; four physical SODIMM sockets; ECC support
EXPANSION: Built-in ExpressCard 34/54 slot (for optional Expansion box required for Dual/Quad Port or Fiber LAN Adapter for i.e. for VMware ESXi)
STORAGE: up to 6TB of storage with four physical HDD or SSD, RAID 0/1/5/10 support; SATA 6Gb/s
NETWORK:on-board 1Gbe LAN (Intel 82579V); 2nd or Dual-port LAN Adapter(s) available via ExpressCard slot or via external expansion Magma box
OPTICAL DRIVE BAY: DVD-RW or Blu Ray Burner or 4th Hard Drive
I/O PORTS: 3x USB 3.0; 2x USB 2.0; eSATA; Firewire-800 (TI XIO2221ZAY); DisplayPort v1.2; DVI-I (SL); HDMI 1.4a out w/HDCP; Headphone; Microphone; S/PDIF out; Line-in; RJ-45 / LAN

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Need 12 CPU cores and 24 threads in your laptop? Eurocom says why not
Posted by: spicy weiner ()
Date: November 23, 2013 09:59PM

Was just looking at this. Really nice tech. Hopefully competition starts in this space and prices drop. At $3000 I rather just build a desktop... Still though. Could just imagine it now. Right in the middle of a school lecture gaming or running a server I can mointor.

Re: Need 12 CPU cores and 24 threads in your laptop? Eurocom says why not
Posted by: ffx yuppie //m5 ()
Date: November 23, 2013 10:26PM

How long does a full charge last? 30 minutes?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.