HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Gas price
Posted by: Olde Farte, II ()
Date: August 10, 2012 09:33AM

Just got back from a quick car trip to Canada - bought gas there instead of waiting til back on US turf - bad (and dumb) mistake.

42 liters for $60.50 - works out to $5.41/gallon.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Gas price
Posted by: Sgt. Sandbags ()
Date: August 10, 2012 09:37AM

Every time I've been to Canada I feel like I may as well have thrown my wallet at them when I cross the border.

Posted by: Lester ()
Date: August 10, 2012 09:43AM

It's nearly 10 dollars in Europe. The gas price has risen nearly 30% in 6 weeks. The price of West Texas Crude is up almost 25% during the same time.

It looks like Europe is going to try to print its way out.

Posted by: meh ()
Date: August 10, 2012 09:58AM

Canada's taxes are crazy. They come to the US to buy cars then pay the import tax because it's cheaper to do so, even with all the extra paper work.

But then they have better healthcare and a better quality of life overall. So, you get what you pay for.

I love Canada a lot. I've been to Montreal, Banff, Calgary, Vancouver, and Toronto. Great country, no wonder it's so highly ranked in quality of life.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.