HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Sarah Palin Calls Republican Party "DC Corrupt Bastards Club"
Posted by: FOX News ()
Date: October 23, 2013 09:50AM

In Alaska we had a group of politicos who chuckled as they dubbed themselves the “CBC,” which stands for “Corrupt Bastards Club.” But it was no laughing matter. I, and many others, took them on. We won. When I served as chairman of our state’s Oil and Gas Commission, I reported on the cronyism.

I’ll never forget standing at the podium during our state GOP convention and asking delegates to stand up with me and oust the status quo because the political environment had to change for Alaska to progress toward her manifest destiny as a more productive—and ethical—state to help secure our union. Only about half stood up. The rest looked around gauging the political winds and sat on their thumbs. Our federal delegation was incensed at me. Their influence resulted in much of the party machine staying put, but I’ll never be sorry I fought it.

Today, doesn't it seem like we have a Corrupt Bastards Club in D.C.? On steroids? It might not be as oily and obvious as its Alaska counterpart, but it’s just as compromised because its members, too, are indifferent to what their actions mean for We the People.

I’m prepared to be attacked for suggesting this comparison of the D.C. political establishment with the CBC. But I call it like I see it.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/10/20/Sarah-Palin-Exclusive-Op-Ed-DC-Corrupt-Bastards-Club

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sarah Palin Calls Republican Party "DC Corrupt Bastards Club"
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: October 23, 2013 09:57AM

This a sorta like RG3 bragging about how tough he played against the Cowboys if he walked off the field before halftime and went home.

Posted by: CollegeBoy ()
Date: October 23, 2013 09:58AM

Why can't she shut up and go away?

--------------------------
Twilight is best pony....FACT!

Posted by: BEH ()
Date: October 23, 2013 10:33AM

CollegeBoy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why can't she shut up and go away?

I think a lot of folks say the same thing about you.

Date: October 23, 2013 11:34AM

Tough break for them.

I do very much enjoy reading the stupid shit that gets posted here. It helps the day go by faster.

Posted by: Conservative Voice! ()
Date: October 23, 2013 12:09PM

The problem is Palin isn't going away. In fact now with Cruz at her side they are starting to publicly attack the GOP and steal voters.

FOX has made her in a celebrity and Palin is hell bent on moving the Tea Party forward and crushing the GOP.

Boehner needs to get some balls to crush Palin and Cruz. They are making the GOP look like a bunch of circus clowns with no goals.

Posted by: Palins Facebook Page ()
Date: October 23, 2013 12:17PM

Palin is pissed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From Palin Facebook page:

Look, I’ll keep this brief because I want to spend quality time getting kids to bed tonight. Doubt I’ll get much sleep though because the recent proof of government corruption makes me nauseated. If it doesn’t you, and you can blindly ignore the status quo embraced by our politicians and low information voters, then I unapologetically call out your disloyalty to the ethical foundation of the greatest nation on earth.

When you have a moment, please read my review of a jaw dropping, searing new book that provides the proof that Washington, D.C. has strayed so far from the planks in both major political parties' platforms that we are fools for trusting any who have refused to fight against cronyism and extortion. This is the stuff Rush Limbaugh and Mark Levin and a few others have railed against so boldly. It's the stuff “tea party” patriots of all stripes rallied against to grow the grassroots movement that is the only political solution to defend our republic! “60 Minutes” covered some of this on Sunday, Sean Hannity had an outstanding interview with the book’s author tonight, and other mediums are doing right by not ignoring these revelations.

Here’s my review of Peter Schweizer’s new book “Extortion: How Politicians Extract Your Money, Buy Votes, and Line Their Own Pockets”:
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/10/21/Extortion

Posted by: BEH ()
Date: October 23, 2013 02:25PM

Imagine, people actually want her to be president.

Posted by: Reagan4US ()
Date: October 23, 2013 03:12PM

BEH Wrote:
> Imagine, people actually want her to be president.

Washington would of eaten her up and spit her out so fast.

I credit Palin with the downfall of the republican party. What's worse is now Palin is openly trying to destroy the GOP.

Posted by: Hockey Dad ()
Date: October 23, 2013 05:00PM

Palin is correct just the liberal media and liberal citizens can't see the disaster headed forthe USA.

Posted by: Bristol P. ()
Date: October 23, 2013 05:08PM

I just want you all to know that Levi got me drunk and that's how I lost my virginity and had that baby.

I'm a good girl.

Posted by: Gerrymanderer2 ()
Date: October 23, 2013 05:44PM

The Republican Party is entering a full civil war. It will only intensify on issues now that the Tea Party obstructionist strategy has been shown to be counter productive time and time again politically. What you're seeing is the little right wing talking head opportunists attempting to circle the wagons with populism even it means undermining party loyalty. Break out your popcorn gentlemen, it's about to get real. The Republican status quo that created the Tea Party monster will now reap its full frontal assault. Funny how things work out.

Posted by: XtTvF ()
Date: October 23, 2013 06:47PM

Gerrymanderer2 Wrote:
> The Republican Party is entering a full civil war.
> It will only intensify on issues now that the Tea
> Party obstructionist strategy has been shown to be
> counter productive time and time again
> politically. What you're seeing is the little
> right wing talking head opportunists attempting to
> circle the wagons with populism even it means
> undermining party loyalty. Break out your popcorn
> gentlemen, it's about to get real. The Republican
> status quo that created the Tea Party monster will
> now reap its full frontal assault. Funny how
> things work out.

That's nothing compared to the crash and burn of Obamacare and the coming fallout.

The libtard dream of universal healthcare down in flames due to Obama's and administration incompetence.

Just wait. It's going to be spectacular. lol

Date: October 23, 2013 06:53PM

Cheerleading losers in this thread.

Posted by: Welfare Baby ()
Date: October 23, 2013 08:45PM

Bristol P. Wrote:
> I just want you all to know that Levi got me drunk
> and that's how I lost my virginity and had that
> baby.
>
> I'm a good girl.

You know Palin was pissed having a baby raised of wedlock in her house. Can we guess who is really paying the bills for baby. Certainly not her loser daughter.

Date: October 23, 2013 08:47PM

I wonder if she gets food stamps.

Posted by: Lucille Lake ()
Date: October 23, 2013 08:56PM

Welfare Baby Wrote:
> Bristol P. Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I just want you all to know that Levi got me
> drunk
> > and that's how I lost my virginity and had that
> > baby.
> >
> > I'm a good girl.
>
> You know Palin was pissed having a baby raised of
> wedlock in her house. Can we guess who is really
> paying the bills for baby. Certainly not her
> loser daughter.

Correction, Brisket had two babies out of wedlock, not just one.

Posted by: Not My Money ()
Date: October 24, 2013 10:26AM

The problem with Palin and Cruz is they didn't learn a thing from Jimmy Carter. Carter came in a "simple peanut farmer" and Washington destroyed him.

Palin is supporting ideas that only 1/3, if that, support. The majority of Americans like the government to spend money, want healtcare, like medicare and demand their social security checks.

The minute people realize that Cruz and Palin are going to devastate their income by bashing the economy they will sink like a rock in water.

Posted by: Bill.N. ()
Date: October 24, 2013 12:22PM

If you look at Reagan's time as president and as governor of California you'll see that he tempered a strong ideological commitment with a strong dose of pragmatism. He may not have accepted that his views were not always correct, but he did accept others had differing views, and that he would have to work with them in order to govern. Even Newt Gingrich was frequently able to deal with Clinton.

Palin is of a different mold who put ideological purity above the practicalities of governing. It may be that like Limbaugh and Levin and other talking heads, left and right, she understands that not having to actually govern means that she does not have to be as pragmatic as those who do. More troubling though are the barnburners in the Congress who believe it is better to maintain ideological purity, even if that means causing significant damage to the country.

Posted by: Econ 101 ()
Date: October 24, 2013 12:56PM

I understand Palin's points of view. The problem is Palin's views are not popular views and she wants to force the American people to accept those ideas.

Cruz and Palin may find pockets of supporters but they are basically wasting the US governments time and money. The shutdown was a complete waste of the US economy. Cruz had 8 months to protest, instead he choose to shutdown and block the US Congress from doing it's job.

Posted by: Traitor Christie! ()
Date: October 28, 2013 10:09AM

Econ 101 Wrote:
> I understand Palin's points of view. The problem
> is Palin's views are not popular views and she
> wants to force the American people to accept those
> ideas.
>
> Cruz and Palin may find pockets of supporters but
> they are basically wasting the US governments time
> and money. The shutdown was a complete waste of
> the US economy. Cruz had 8 months to protest,
> instead he choose to shutdown and block the US
> Congress from doing it's job.

Very true. You can't win elections if you don't the majority of support for your ideas.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.