HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
A Relative of mine from sunny San Diego CA is a freshman this year over at Mason. How many days will she last (after daylight Savings Time kicks in, 5 PM sunsets start and the weather turns cold) until she starts begging her family that she wants to quit
Posted by: Please Predict 4 Me ()
Date: September 21, 2013 04:26AM

We have shit winter weather patterns here that can go on for several days in a row. Sometimes weeks. Sometimes we do not see the sun for several days.
Windy. Rainy. Blustery. Cloudy. Dark. Cold.

A Relative of mine from sunny San Diego CA is a freshman this year over at Mason. How many days will she last (after daylight Savings Time kicks in, 5 PM sunsets start and the weather turns cold) until she starts begging her family that she wants to quit school & go back home?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A Relative of mine from sunny San Diego CA is a freshman this year over at Mason. How many days will she last (after daylight Savings Time kicks in, 5 PM sunsets start and the weather turns cold) until she starts begging her family that she wants to q
Posted by: Tough One ()
Date: September 21, 2013 04:29AM

Ask Bill Murray from Groundhogs Day, after he snaps, and delivers a very cold forecast.

Re: A Relative of mine from sunny San Diego CA is a freshman this year over at Mason. How many days will she last (after daylight Savings Time kicks in, 5 PM sunsets start and the weather turns cold) until she starts begging her family that she wants to q
Posted by: Long Duck Dong ()
Date: September 21, 2013 07:38AM

That depends. I mean, is she being fucked well? That can overcome a lot of obvious other shortcomings someone's having with a particular situation...

Posted by: Ny4xm ()
Date: September 21, 2013 08:34AM

PICS or VIDEO or GTFO!

Posted by: SHIR ()
Date: September 21, 2013 01:04PM

Long Duck Dong Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That depends. I mean, is she being fucked well?
> That can overcome a lot of obvious other
> shortcomings someone's having with a particular
> situation...

All the sex and drugs, alcohol in the world cannot make up for weeks and weeks of shit weather. The weather here October-March is shit compared to San Diego.

Posted by: Mason beach ()
Date: September 21, 2013 01:52PM

It doesn't matter. There's the old truism that the freshen girls won't come out again until Spring. You see them in and around classes. You see them in the dining hall. That's about it.

Posted by: Won't Matter ()
Date: September 21, 2013 02:08PM

The weather here during the Fall and Winter is temperate compared to a lot of the country. Depressing as hell, but temperate. And if this girl is so superficial that she can't handle our weather, then she is too immature to be in college.

The reality is that she will find new BFFs here and it would be tragic - heartbreaking! - to leave them. Especially is she has a boyfriend. She'll be fine (to the extent that any 18 year old is).

Posted by: We shall see... ()
Date: September 21, 2013 02:18PM

Won't Matter Wrote:
> The weather here during the Fall and Winter is
> temperate compared to a lot of the country.
> Depressing as hell, but temperate. And if this
> girl is so superficial that she can't handle our
> weather, then she is too immature to be in
> college.
>
> The reality is that she will find new BFFs here
> and it would be tragic - heartbreaking! - to leave
> them. Especially is she has a boyfriend. She'll be
> fine (to the extent that any 18 year old is).

san_diego_beach_cam.jpg

Yeah but she is used to seeing this in November, December, January and February.
It sure as fuck does not look like that here during those months.

Posted by: Also... ()
Date: September 21, 2013 02:23PM

black.jpg

Also at 5:00 PM EST, while all of her friends back home in San Diego are enjoying warm weather and sunshine, she will look outside of her window and see this.

Posted by: Choose wisely Grasshopper ()

She deserves it for being dumb enough to pick a school like Mason to go to out-of-state. She needs to feel some pain for that. It will be a good life lesson in making better choices.

Posted by: svennestle ()

at GMU cira 2000's the stats were:

* even "private" schools got 1/2 funded by gov / gov bailouts

* 1/2 of freshmen quit, 1/2 of 2nd year, almost 1/2 of 3rd year

* after the bachelor's masters the statistics of drop-outs get much better.

however why they do better is another story: ie, in today's economy many hack their way into gov jobs by family or friend, give themselves awards, and get free classes and free medical care, all the bullshit that has thrown the country (or rather this area) into as much debt as europe

Date: September 21, 2013 02:24PM

in CA their (was) free schooling

so they are gonna pick on food stamps and re-take classes all the live long day

and if they get lucky in a gov job - they'll be calpers (california pensioners) run up a huge fucking tab and skip town so they can avoid ca taxes.

Posted by: Choose wisely Grasshopper ()
Date: September 21, 2013 02:26PM

Choose wisely Grasshopper Wrote:
> She deserves it for being dumb enough to pick a
> school like Mason to go to out-of-state. She
> needs to feel some pain for that. It will be a
> good life lesson in making better choices.

Oh, and her parents too for facilitating it.

Hopefully, she'll last at least past the point of getting any kind of pro-rated refund.

Posted by: I agree ()
Date: September 21, 2013 02:31PM

Choose wisely Grasshopper Wrote:
> She deserves it for being dumb enough to pick a
> school like Mason to go to out-of-state. She
> needs to feel some pain for that. It will be a
> good life lesson in making better choices.

I agree.

Posted by: Weather, no problem ()
Date: September 21, 2013 02:38PM

The niggs and the illegal hispanics, assholes in BMW's living in McMansions will do her in before the weather...The people her fucking suck. This area has no heart.

Date: September 21, 2013 02:41PM

Please Predict 4 Me Wrote:
> We have shit winter weather patterns here that can
> go on for several days in a row. Sometimes weeks.
> Sometimes we do not see the sun for several days.
> Windy. Rainy. Blustery. Cloudy. Dark. Cold.
>
> A Relative of mine from sunny San Diego CA is a
> freshman this year over at Mason. How many days
> will she last (after daylight Savings Time kicks
> in, 5 PM sunsets start and the weather turns cold)
> until she starts begging her family that she wants
> to quit school & go back home?

are you talking about a CA wine grape vine or a student ?

typical liberal non-university education: the question is wrong

def. university: taught exactly the same way all across the world

the first university was to standardize law, so all countries had a copy of the same laws being taught

there are no more universities practically , except in very few sciences

stop using the word university your using it wrong

we can really blame webster's for changing language so that all similar words have the same definition loosely

we can also point out modern webster's changes definitions based on current political and legal suit environment

for example: after hillary clinton et al signed VAWA which terrorized males. webster's change the definition of harassment to include anything a woman doesn't like. check it. you'll see.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2013 02:43PM by svennestle.

Posted by: Ludwig ()
Date: September 21, 2013 02:56PM

After the first semester it's off to...............

San Diego Community College

http://www.sdccd.edu/index.shtml

Posted by: JGxCe ()
Date: September 21, 2013 11:21PM

So, it doesn't get dark at 5PM in CA in the winter? My geography isn't very good but they aren't that far south.

Posted by: Idiot ()
Date: September 21, 2013 11:37PM

JGxCe Wrote:
> So, it doesn't get dark at 5PM in CA in the
> winter? My geography isn't very good but they
> aren't that far south.

You must be originally from here. stupid fuck, this place sucks!!

Posted by: La Jolla <> La Hoya ()
Date: September 21, 2013 11:48PM

Weather in San Diego is like DC's autumn in December, January, and February

Posted by: Broken ()
Date: September 22, 2013 12:02AM

La Jolla <> La Hoya Wrote:
> Weather in San Diego is like DC's autumn in
> December, January, and February

Not only that, the majority of people are not as fucktarted ,unlike this area. I have lived, or I should say, spent time in other citys in the USA. This place is the fucking worse.
But, I'm trying to be positive, The magic is gone. No heart in this area, only hate.

Posted by: Phillip Rivers ()
Date: September 22, 2013 01:24AM

She will last one semester. She will then move to Oceanside, CA and shack up with Brett Davenport.

Posted by: No. ()
Date: September 22, 2013 01:28AM

JGxCe Wrote:
> So, it doesn't get dark at 5PM in CA in the
> winter? My geography isn't very good but they
> aren't that far south.

No.

Posted by: LxTjN ()
Date: September 22, 2013 07:24PM

No. Wrote:
> JGxCe Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > So, it doesn't get dark at 5PM in CA in the
> > winter? My geography isn't very good but they
> > aren't that far south.
>
> No.

Fascinating. My ephemeris data tells me that the sun sets before 5PM (local) in December. So it gets dark there -- about as dark as it gets around here with all the city lights.

I didn't grow up here. I am from a bit farther north. Sun until 9PM during the summer is very very strange to me.

Posted by: *sigh* ()
Date: September 22, 2013 08:58PM

LxTjN Wrote:
> No. Wrote:
> -----
> > JGxCe Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > So, it doesn't get dark at 5PM in CA in the
> > > winter? My geography isn't very good but
> they
> > > aren't that far south.
> >
> > No.
>
> Fascinating. My ephemeris data tells me that the
> sun sets before 5PM (local) in December. So it
> gets dark there -- about as dark as it gets around
> here with all the city lights.
>
> I didn't grow up here. I am from a bit farther
> north. Sun until 9PM during the summer is very
> very strange to me.

Do you understand the concept of time zones?

C'mon, it's not that hard to understand what they were saying. They even tagged the EST on there to help the FCPS system kids along.

Posted by: hmnpj ()
Date: September 22, 2013 09:21PM

> C'mon, it's not that hard to understand what they were saying. They even tagged the EST on there to help the FCPS system kids along.

No, I am not confused. At 1700 here, is it 1400 there. Still in class I would assume. Or do the Californians use EST?

Posted by: *sigh* ()
Date: September 22, 2013 09:41PM

hmnpj Wrote:
> > C'mon, it's not that hard to understand what
> they were saying. They even tagged the EST on
> there to help the FCPS system kids along.
>
> No, I am not confused. At 1700 here, is it 1400
> there. Still in class I would assume. Or do the
> Californians use EST?

And when you look up in the sky there at 1400 what do you see?

Posted by: mLKyF ()
Date: September 22, 2013 09:58PM

> And when you look up in the sky there at 1400 what do you see?

the sun unless its cloudy. but I dont run my day here on the east coast by the motion of the sun in the west coast's sky.

The title of this stupid post also doesn't mention EST.

california will get 5PM sunsets just like we do. it just wont get blisteringly cold... oh wait...

Posted by: 7JLnp ()
Date: September 22, 2013 10:10PM

mLKyF Wrote:
> > And when you look up in the sky there at 1400
> what do you see?
>
> the sun unless its cloudy. but I dont run my day
> here on the east coast by the motion of the sun in
> the west coast's sky.
>

Very good.

Now hang on tight, it gets crazy complicated from here...

> The title of this stupid post also doesn't mention
> EST.
>
> california will get 5PM sunsets just like we do.
> it just wont get blisteringly cold... oh wait...

"Also at 5:00 PM EST, while all of her friends back home in San Diego are enjoying warm weather and sunshine, she will look outside of her window and see this."

black.jpg

Posted by: gerry1 ()
Date: September 23, 2013 03:46AM

Change is fun. The same thing constantly even if good becomes boring and routine. Losing great warm weather gives you more appreciation for it when it when it returns. Lets also not forget the great memories snow has brought. You whining little punk bitches.

Posted by: Bob Filner ()
Date: September 23, 2013 03:59AM

Why would you want to leave San Diego?

112_filner_ca51.jpg

Posted by: Paris Marriott ()
Date: September 23, 2013 01:06PM

Bob Filner Wrote:
> Why would you want to leave San Diego?
>
> src="http://beta.congress.gov/img/member/112_filne
> r_ca51.jpg">

He's HOT.

Posted by: 80 and 90 degrees MOTHERFUCKERS ()
Date: September 23, 2013 01:48PM

In San Diego during October, November, December, January, February and March you will occasionally get days when the thermometer reaches the 80 or even the 90 degree mark which makes any suffering of colder weather temperatures much more bearable for them.

This simply does not happen here. Especially last winter. Last winter here sucked.

Posted by: Bob Filner? ()
Date: September 23, 2013 02:02PM

Bob Filner Wrote:
> Why would you want to leave San Diego?
>
> src="http://beta.congress.gov/img/member/112_filne
> r_ca51.jpg">

Where's Lilo?

Posted by: Comparison ()
Date: October 10, 2013 01:15PM

Fairfax, VA
Thursday 1:00 PM
Light rain
undefined
54°F | °C
Precipitation: 10%
Humidity: 97%
Wind: 0 mph

San Diego, CA
Thursday 10:00 AM
Scattered Clouds
undefined
67°F | °C
Precipitation: 20%
Humidity: 58%
Wind: 4 mph

Keep in mind its only 10 AM over there right now.

Posted by: Buttsec ()
Date: October 10, 2013 01:46PM

Pink or brown ?

Date: October 11, 2013 07:42PM

Fairfax, VA
Friday 7:00 PM
Heavy Rain
undefined
60°F | °C
Precipitation: 100%
Humidity: 97%
Wind: 2 mph

San Diego, CA
Friday 4:00 PM
Clear
undefined
72°F | °C
Precipitation: 0%
Humidity: 54%
Wind: 7 mph

pacific_beach_ca_3.jpg

It must really suck to be stuck inside a dorm room at Mason while all of your friends back home are at the beach.

Posted by: 23 more days to go ()
Date: October 11, 2013 11:02PM

23 more days to go until November 3rd.

Posted by: 10 more days ()
Date: October 24, 2013 02:25AM

10 more days to go until November 3rd.

Posted by: LESS THAN 48 HOURS TO GO ()
Date: November 01, 2013 12:34PM

Less than 48 hours to go until the time change.
This is not going to end well.
She might request a transfer before this current semester ends.

Posted by: O_P_ ()
Date: November 09, 2013 08:39PM

I give a couple of weeks until she finally breaks down and demnds a plane ticket back home to sunny CA.

Posted by: Vexxxed ()
Date: November 10, 2013 06:13AM

Please pardon the inclusion of facts into this discussion but there is something that needs to be pointed out.

Based on sunrise and sunset times for today, Los Angeles will see 19 more minutes of the sun than will Washington DC. Given that the sun now travels in the "southern sky" it should be assumed the difference in day length is attributed to there being no mountains south west of LA.

At the time of this original post however, there would have been little to no difference in the amount of daylight hours between the two cities as the San Gabriel Mountains would have blocked twilight sun just as the Blue Ridge Mountains do here.

It is the considered opinion of this poster that the OP is a fucking idiot.

Carry on, nothing more to see here.

Posted by: v9kUt ()
Date: November 10, 2013 07:01AM

You are completely and utterly as pointed out to several times. At 5PM EST they still have daylight so they is more sunlight in california than there. QED.

Date: November 11, 2013 04:22AM

Uh oh...

I just saw a rambling on her Facebook about today's cold windy weather.
She also says she misses home.

Posted by: ET phone home ASAP ()
Date: November 23, 2013 09:04PM

Tomorrow just may end up being the nail in the coffin for her semester at Mason.

Date: November 23, 2013 09:07PM

Fairfax, VA
Saturday 9:00 PM
Overcast
undefined
39°F | °C
Humidity: 48%
Wind: 1 mph

San Diego, CA
Saturday 6:00 PM
Mostly Cloudy
undefined
60°F | °C
Humidity: 63%

Posted by: Getrealweather ()
Date: November 23, 2013 09:28PM

Please Predict 4 Me Wrote:
> We have shit winter weather patterns here that can
> go on for several days in a row. Sometimes weeks.
> Sometimes we do not see the sun for several days.
> Windy. Rainy. Blustery. Cloudy. Dark. Cold.
>
> A Relative of mine from sunny San Diego CA is a
> freshman this year over at Mason. How many days
> will she last (after daylight Savings Time kicks
> in, 5 PM sunsets start and the weather turns cold)
> until she starts begging her family that she wants
> to quit school & go back home?

Our weather is not quite like that. Some times in December or even January we can see highs in the upper 60s/low 70s with sunshine.The thing about winter weather in NOVA is its very unpredictable. Many years we see no snow at all. This isn't Alaska or New England even, lol

Posted by: Dose of reality ()
Date: November 24, 2013 08:22PM

Getrealweather Wrote:
> Please Predict 4 Me Wrote:
> -----
> > We have shit winter weather patterns here that
> can
> > go on for several days in a row. Sometimes
> weeks.
> > Sometimes we do not see the sun for several
> days.
> > Windy. Rainy. Blustery. Cloudy. Dark. Cold.
> >
> > A Relative of mine from sunny San Diego CA is a
> > freshman this year over at Mason. How many days
> > will she last (after daylight Savings Time
> kicks
> > in, 5 PM sunsets start and the weather turns
> cold)
> > until she starts begging her family that she
> wants
> > to quit school & go back home?
>
>
> Our weather is not quite like that. Some times in
> December or even January we can see highs in the
> upper 60s/low 70s with sunshine.The thing about
> winter weather in NOVA is its very unpredictable.
> Many years we see no snow at all. This isn't
> Alaska or New England even, lol

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

San Diego, CA
Sunday 5:00 PM
Partly Cloudy
undefined
60°F | °C
Precipitation: 0%
Humidity: 56%
Wind: 3 mph

Fairfax, VA
Sunday 8:00 PM
Clear
undefined
25°F | °C
Humidity: 40%

Where would YOU rather be right now?

Posted by: I need out ()
Date: November 24, 2013 08:30PM

somewhere warm. my liver can't take 3 more months of this shit.

Date: December 14, 2013 09:19PM

No Facebook updates from her for almost a month now.

Either she has thrown in the towel or hating her life right about now.

Posted by: Hussein Obama - OG ()
Date: December 14, 2013 09:23PM

She is probably in eesh's basement with the other 6 girls.

Posted by: If she is lucky... ()
Date: December 17, 2013 12:38AM

I she is lucky she will get to go back home to SoCal during Christmas break.

Posted by: If she is lucky... ()
Date: December 17, 2013 12:38AM

I she is lucky she will get to go back home to SoCal during Christmas break.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.