HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Huffington Post $315 million buyout from AOL
Posted by: ferfux ()
Date: February 07, 2011 01:39PM

By Paul Farhi
Washington Post Staff Writer
Monday, February 7, 2011; 2:00 AM

Huffington Post, the liberal-leaning online news site that has been one of the Internet's start-up success stories, said it agreed to a $315 million buyout late Sunday night from AOL Inc., the elder statesman of online access and digital content.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/02/07/AR2011020700247.html?hpid=topnews

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Huffington Post $315 million buyout from AOL
Posted by: justsayin ()
Date: February 07, 2011 01:45PM

This has to piss off all the writers who made that site what it is. I'm laughing too at all of AH's tweeting about the champaign meetings she's having with AOL execs today. If I wrote for that site I'd be pretty irritated.

----------------------------------------

"She looks pretty good for 12, admit it." - WingNut, 04/24/2012

"I'm racist too. So what?" - Ellipsis 9/16/2011

"If you only knew who I was, and what I was working to do you would...have the decency to tell me I hated my nation and the way of life. I may not agree with...the government...I hate the "government"......" - Firrat 9/1/10

"there seems to be a queer...why? To try and further demean a defeated... dumb Tea party... I think we need more... far left folks on a regular basis - Louis Farakhan, Jesse Jackson...Al Sharpton" - Registered Voter, 8/19/2011

"If your computer is running slow, or you have any other problems, email me at with the problem and i am willing to fix it, for a price of course" - Taylor, spamming FFU on 04/12/2006. "N****rs as slaves again? I think so..." - Taylor, 09/20/2009

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: February 07, 2011 10:57PM

I can't believe they're letting the Huff broad takeover AOL's news content. Goodbye AOL.

Btw, I love the part: "Liberal-leaning online news site" LOL. More like "Completely batshit crazy leftist".

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Posted by: tomahawk ()
Date: February 07, 2011 11:22PM

AOL? You mean that didn't die somewhere back around when Bell Telephone broke up?

Posted by: A.O.Hell ()
Date: February 07, 2011 11:28PM

tomahawk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> AOL? You mean that didn't die somewhere back
> around when Bell Telephone broke up?

I believe when Time Warner kicked them out on their asses, they threw them a wad of cash that they've been using to "reincarnate" themselves with.

Posted by: A.O.Hell ()
Date: February 07, 2011 11:31PM

Additionally, this cash "bonus" to Ms. Huffington should allow her to get some more plastic surgery. She's getting a bit more wrinkled lately. According to Wiki, she's now 60 years old.

Posted by: Harry Tuttle ()
Date: February 07, 2011 11:34PM

I don't understand how AOL is still in business... Why do people still use AOL?

Signatures are for fags

Date: February 07, 2011 11:38PM

WHY ASK STUPID QUESTIONS ?

Posted by: Free E-mail ()
Date: February 08, 2011 06:32AM

Harry Tuttle Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't understand how AOL is still in business...
> Why do people still use AOL?

They use them for the free e-mail accounts, or read the news on their home page. I don't believe AOL has paying customers for Internet service, though. That was shut down a few years back.

Cripes, they should have been fined for polluting the Earth several years back with that major dump of CDs as they tried to give away 30 or so free hours of access; then, they made it nearly impossible for you to cancel your account with them. Bastages.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.