HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Italian police just took delivery of 200mph, 560-horsepower, police-version Lamborghini, when(if ever) will Fairfax County police get theirs?
Posted by: slowpoke ()
Date: October 28, 2008 12:32PM

Italian police just took delivery of 200mph, 560-horsepower, police-version Lamborghini,
when(if ever) will Fairfax County police get theirs?

"Italian police unveiled the latest weapon in their war on speeding motorists yesterday – a muscular, blue and white Lamborghini capable of travelling at 200 miles per hour.... The new Gallardo, which boasts a 560-horsepower engine, will prowl Italy's autostradas in search of the country's notoriously lead-footed drivers.

"
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/italy/3255094/Italian-police-to-use-200mph-Lamborghini.html

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Italian police just took delivery of 200mph, 560-horsepower, police-version Lamborghini, when(if ever) will Fairfax County police get theirs?
Posted by: slowpoke ()
Date: October 28, 2008 12:35PM

just want to add to the above post...

there are almost 175 Lamborghinis newly-registered in the state of Virginia,
with 68 in the county of Fairfax alone.... not to mention all the Ferraris...
perhaps the FCPD should get at least one so they won't be embarrased when
speeders outrun them, no?

Re: Italian police just took delivery of 200mph, 560-horsepower, police-version Lamborghini, when(if ever) will Fairfax County police get theirs?
Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: October 28, 2008 12:41PM

If you really wanted to outrun police, or plan on doing something where you'd have to outrun the police, you'd be better off getting a motorcycle.

I think there's a pretty good chance that the people who can afford a 200 mph Lamborghini or Ferrari wouldn't want to take the chance of getting arrested after a high-speed chase, or wreck their $150k car during said high-speed chase.

And then there's the whole license plate and dashboard camera thing, but I won't get into that.

Posted by: Kaciel ()
Date: October 28, 2008 12:46PM

MrMephisto Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
or
> wreck their $150k car during said high-speed
> chase.

you can't even get a fully-optioned top of the line Mercedes SL for $150k

A decent Lambo will set you back at least $200k delivered.

Date: October 28, 2008 01:05PM

That's even worse, then. Why would you spend over $200k on a car and risk that investment in a high-speed chase? If you have millions of dollars and that's just a drop in the bucket for you, you probably wouldn't want the legal problems that would come from trying to outrun the cops, anyway.

Given how bad the traffic is around here, anyway, the only reason to get a car like this is to look good during stop-and-go. I see jackasses in their Mustangs gun their engine on the shoulder as they whip around the traffic in the merge lane, just to merge into traffice 100 feet down the road, where they sit with the rest of us. It's retarded.

Posted by: COPS ()
Date: October 28, 2008 02:30PM

Italian cops don't have free carwash.
I do

Posted by: ExLeadfoot ()
Date: October 28, 2008 02:48PM

I am living proof that you may have a car that is capable of outrunning
the police but you can't outrun their radio. They got me.

Date: October 28, 2008 03:22PM

ExLeadfoot Wrote:
> I am living proof that you may have a car that is
> capable of outrunning
> the police but you can't outrun their radio. They
> got me.

Was it worth it?

Posted by: trogdor! ()
Date: October 28, 2008 05:30PM

MrMephisto Wrote:
> If you really wanted to outrun police, or plan on
> doing something where you'd have to outrun the
> police, you'd be better off getting a motorcycle.

Only $13,000

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iNJMlFnZTo

Posted by: Space Ghost ()
Date: October 28, 2008 06:07PM

We have helicopters.

What's the point? If you have only one fast car, one or two officers can't properly conduct a felony stop or foot chase once the car chase ends. Not to mention, do they want to go running off and leave a Lamborghini unattended?

Date: October 28, 2008 06:10PM

Besides, how much uproar would be caused by Fairfax County buying Lamborghinis?

I would support it, as long as they don't get them washed.

Posted by: Firrat ()
Date: October 28, 2008 07:37PM

LOL buying lamborghinis is nothing, but a media scare for speeders in Italy. Our cops have us tamed here in the U.S. that we would not dare to run from the police unless we were completely crazy. It doesn't take one or two fast expensive cop cars to catch speeders, but it takes teamwork. My Z06 can still out run that gallardo yet I spent 100's of thousands of dollars less. If our county bought high speed chase vehicles; they would choose the corvette/viper any day over that overpriced gallardo.

Posted by: justmercedes ()
Date: October 28, 2008 09:46PM

MrMephisto Wrote:
> Besides, how much uproar would be caused by
> Fairfax County buying Lamborghinis?
>
> I would support it, as long as they don't get them
> washed.

I definitely support Fairfax County Police getting a Lambo.(basically a super-expensive Audi underneath)

In fact, I will volunteer to wash it every week if the FCPD will let be drive it home to my garage for washing.

Posted by: xfdsfdsfsdf ()
Date: October 28, 2008 11:57PM

ffx has two helicopters...lambo=fail.

Posted by: Bob ()
Date: October 29, 2008 03:17AM

Don't you think the Italian Police were just agreeing to help market an italian carmaker? They get a fun toy, the carmaker gets some free press.

What good would a lamborghini do in this area? A crown vic has plenty power and torque. It can keep up with just about any car in this area, and when it can't, they all have radios in them.

You can't outrun the radio.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: October 29, 2008 06:21AM

i would love if the FCPD got one... so i could watch the media fallout and the outrage that causes the FCPD's budget to get cut in half.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: October 29, 2008 12:37PM

Bob Wrote:
> Don't you think the Italian Police were just
> agreeing to help market an italian carmaker?

Lamborghini is owned by the Volkswagen Group of Germany.(Volkswagen AG)
(which is why a lot of the interior parts of the new Lamborghi are actually
Audi parts)

Posted by: trogdor! ()
Date: October 29, 2008 07:42PM

Even better video:

This guy is on one wheel for the 5 & 1/2 seconds it takes him to go from 50 to 140 mph.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwieel03c-w

220 mph is just crazy....

Posted by: Bob ()
Date: October 29, 2008 10:14PM

mitch Wrote:
> Bob Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Don't you think the Italian Police were just
> > agreeing to help market an italian carmaker?
>
>
> Lamborghini is owned by the Volkswagen Group of
> Germany.(Volkswagen AG)
> (which is why a lot of the interior parts of the
> new Lamborghi are actually
> Audi parts)

Yeah, well Chrysler was owned by a german company for a while, too, but it is still an "american" brand.

Posted by: Firrat ()
Date: October 30, 2008 12:06PM

American Domestic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0P6JaDlXXk&feature=related

Skyline
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VFuQPFlYTI&feature=related

Look at the Italian cop car getting owned ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5g5J4mq8nE&feature=related

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2008 12:06PM by Firrat.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.