HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Dems Want To Give Billions To ACORN
Posted by: LeRoy ()
Date: September 28, 2008 11:16AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dems Want To Give Billions To ACORN
Posted by: Jimbo ()
Date: October 02, 2008 04:32PM

LeRoy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No #%&@*)# way!
>
> http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0908/14018.ht
> ml

Is this the same ACORN that has been committing voter fraud for Democrats all over America?

Posted by: Mr. Squirrel ()
Date: October 02, 2008 04:42PM

I don't know about you guys, but I'm all for additional spending for acorns. I've got a family to feed.

Besides that, since I'm a squirrel, it looks like you're just grasping for straws. Please don't take them all because that's good nesting material.

Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: October 02, 2008 05:06PM

Yes, but as a note I did hear folks note that there was NO provision for that funding in the latest bill.

Posted by: Mr. Squirrel ()
Date: October 02, 2008 06:02PM

That is fact, Jack.

So does that mean I'll go hungry this winter? I wish I didn't throw out all those Moe's buy-1-get-1-free coupons. Dang.

Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: October 03, 2008 01:27PM

I put peanuts in my yard for squirrels, no acorns, sorry...

Posted by: donor ()
Date: October 07, 2008 11:28AM

"I work for CDFI that virtually started the sub-prime mortgage business over 20 years ago. We're still doing it and our default rate is and will remain at an acceptable level for any healthy financial insitution. The problem with sub-prime mortgage mess is that greedy people saw that you could make money and starting lossening standards. The affordable housing community has make some mistakes along the way, but ACORN and others never supported liar loans -Country-Wide and other sleazy mortgage companies did that c***. Also, why are California, Florida, and Arizona among the states with the highest mortgage default rates? Speculators! The largest contributor to this financial meltdown is greed, led by folks who worked at the investment banks."

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/federal-reserve-purchase-commercial-paper/story.aspx?guid={4116F7E2-7D82-45EC-9908-3A3A4352989E}&siteid=bnbh#comments

I tend to believe this more...

Posted by: Bird Feeder ()
Date: October 07, 2008 11:35AM

Mr. Squirrel Wrote:
> That is fact, Jack.
>
> So does that mean I'll go hungry this winter? I
> wish I didn't throw out all those Moe's
> buy-1-get-1-free coupons. Dang.

I'm so sick of you. You scare away my friends at every meal and it's all about you, isn't it? I give give give! What about me?

Posted by: FUNdamental ()
Date: October 07, 2008 12:09PM

FALSE, MISLEADING, and a LIE!

Republican lying and scaring at its best.

The truth is neither the draft proposal nor the final version of the bill contained any language mentioning ACORN. Those making the false claim, including Mr. Blunt, were misrepresenting a provision -- since removed -- that would have directed 20 percent of any profits realized on troubled assets purchased under the plan into two previously established funds: the Housing Trust Fund and the Capital Magnet Fund.

Under the now-removed provision, the money going to the Housing Trust Fund would have been distributed by the Department of Housing and Urban Development in the form of block grants to states, which would then award grants to qualified applicants. Money going to the Capital Magnet Fund would have been distributed by the U.S. Treasury Department through a competitive grant application process.

Posted by: Nut Cracker ()
Date: October 07, 2008 04:08PM

LAS VEGAS (AP) — Nevada state authorities are raiding the Las Vegas headquarters of an organization that works to get low-income people to vote.

A Nevada secretary of state's office spokesman said Tuesday that investigators are looking for evidence of voter fraud at the office of the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, also called ACORN.

No one was at the ACORN office when state agents arrived with a search warrant and began carting records and documents away.

Secretary of State spokesman Bob Walsh says ACORN is accused of submitting multiple voter registrations with false and duplicate names.

The raid comes two months after state and federal authorities formed a task force to pursue election-fraud allegations in Nevada.

Posted by: Flying Squirrel Airlines ()
Date: October 07, 2008 06:17PM

Instead of peanuts, we now serve ACORNS!

Come fly with us. Fly Squirrel Airlines.

***Disclaimer: ACORNS may cause bloating, constipation and may turn you into a McSame-loving Republican. If you have an erection that lasts more than 4 hours, you might want to get that looked at because there's nothing here but a bunch of choir boys and Hill interns, you perv.

Posted by: FUNdamental ()
Date: October 14, 2008 02:59PM

Jimbo Wrote:
> LeRoy Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > No #%&@*)# way!
> >
> >
> http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0908/14018.ht
>
> > ml
>
>
> Is this the same ACORN that has been committing
> voter fraud for Democrats all over America?

I will post again for the Kool Aid drinkers,

In regards to ACORN, what we’re dealing with, so far, is minor voter registration fraud. The questionable registrations number in the double digits in most states, and most of them have been flagged and caught by either ACORN themselves or election officials. Furthermore in many places the false registrations are required by law to be submitted anyway, so that ACORN isn’t guilty of, say, tossing out the forms of Republicans they sign up. They do try to flag the fake ones as fake, but regardless, the fake ones are still being caught. Also: voter registration fraud does not coherently lead to voter fraud, because if you register one man 75 times, how will he vote 75 times, exactly?

As for the Drudge Report headline today of Mickey Mouse being registered to vote by ACORN, Mickey has been issued a social security number by the US Government, 123-45-6789 (was actually the first to apply for a SS card), Mickey has received more Presidential write in votes as any other candidate or non candidate, and has credit card applications and magazine subscription forms filled out and mailed in daily. Big f&ing deal.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.