HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Biden Vs Palin in debate
Posted by: Jester ()
Date: September 01, 2008 08:06PM

I can't wait to see Biden debate Palin, he will tap dance circles around her on all the political topics and then eat her alive. How we can possibly let MCcain run this country with shitty decisions like this.

Alias supports McCain, now that says it all

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Biden Vs Palin in debate
Posted by: Eastsider ()
Date: September 01, 2008 09:13PM

The problem is that since everyone expects Biden to demolish Palin in the debate, if he fails to do so, she comes out the victor.

Date: September 01, 2008 09:49PM

Eastsider Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The problem is that since everyone expects Biden
> to demolish Palin in the debate, if he fails to do
> so, she comes out the victor.

This is a valid point. Biden should not attack Palin directly. He should attack McCain in the debate. What he should do is bring up topics that would open Palin's principles up for review by the journalists. For instance, on the subject of education, Biden should make sure to include his belief that we shouldn't confuse creationism with science. Also, Palin will most likely be prepped on the big foreign policy issues of the day. Biden should be prepared to bring up issues that she may not be prepped for, such as Russian influence in Belarus.

Posted by: Beery ()
Date: September 01, 2008 10:01PM

He should ask her how she stays so trim during those pregnancies.

Date: September 01, 2008 10:05PM

Beery Wrote:
> He should ask her how she stays so trim during
> those pregnancies.

Maybe she can explain how being a member of the PTA prepared her to be commander-in-chief...

Posted by: Froggy ()
Date: September 02, 2008 01:04AM

Palin has been the Commander of the Alaska National Guard and knows
how to shoot an M-16. I bet Biden has never worn a pair of combat
boots, fired a rifle, or commanded any sort of military unit. Luv that gal!

Posted by: Vince(1) ()
Date: September 02, 2008 06:42AM

Froggy Wrote:
> Palin has been the Commander of the Alaska
> National Guard and knows
> how to shoot an M-16. I bet Biden has never worn a
> pair of combat
> boots, fired a rifle, or commanded any sort of
> military unit. Luv that gal!

As if any of that proves she has the judgement to be Commander in Chief. So far all we know about her judgement is rather questionable.

Posted by: conVince ()
Date: September 02, 2008 07:13AM

Vince(1) Wrote:
> As if any of that proves she has the judgement to
> be Commander in Chief. So far all we know about
> her judgement is rather questionable.

like having a daughter who gets pregnant. wtf how can someone be fit to lead if they have a daughter who gets pregnant.

the hero of our party stuck cigars in an intern's twat in the oval office and is still praised but god forbid a woman candidate for vp have a family issue like all other families have

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: September 02, 2008 07:59AM

It makes her sound like a complete rube.

Froggy Wrote:
> pair of combat

Date: September 02, 2008 08:28AM

conVince Wrote:
> Vince(1) Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > As if any of that proves she has the judgement
> to
> > be Commander in Chief. So far all we know
> about
> > her judgement is rather questionable.
>
> like having a daughter who gets pregnant. wtf how
> can someone be fit to lead if they have a daughter
> who gets pregnant.
>
> the hero of our party stuck cigars in an intern's
> twat in the oval office and is still praised but
> god forbid a woman candidate for vp have a family
> issue like all other families have

No...her daughter has very little to do with it...it just points out her hipocracy on the issue of choice...her statement read she was happy her daughter decided to "have" the baby..that statement recognizes she had a choice...a choice she wants taken away from other women.

Her quirky pre-natal decisions to travel 8 months pregnant (knowing she had a special needs child)...then giving a speech after her water broke...not going to a local hospital immeidately...flying to Alaska concievebly putting herself..her baby and other passengers in danger...once landing in Alaska not chjecking into the closest hospita....again putting herself and the baby inj jeopardy.

She apparently belongs, or at least supports an Alaskan seperatists political party. COuld this be why she rushed back to Alaska after her water broke? Did she want to make sure her baby wasnt born in a foreign country?

All of this is if nothing else peculiar behavior questioning her good judgement.

Imagine the republikan fire storm if any these stories were associated with Barrack.

Your comparison with Clinton is 8 years too late..get over it. And as the saying goes..At least when Clinton lied...nobody died!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2008 08:30AM by Vince(1).

Date: September 02, 2008 09:12AM

McCain's campaign gets more commical every day. It's like watching a train wreck, you want to look away ,but for some reason you just can't.

One of the reporters this morning said "Palin's family would make a great Springer show. A 17 year old daughter at a shot gun wedding."

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: September 02, 2008 09:34AM

Vince(1) Wrote:
> And as the saying goes..At
> least when Clinton lied...nobody died!

Well, that depends on one's point of view... some say Vince Foster died.

The funny thing I am reading on other forums filled with Democrat-leaning members is that people posting these stories are just preaching to choirs. There isn't anyone who is going to change their mind over voting for Obama who otherwise would have over his Biden choice, and no one who would have voted for McCain will change their mind due to the Palin choice. In fact both choices reinforced each of their bases.

I'm not looking forward to all the wacko posts here from both sides through November, but at least we are free to read them no matter what the opinion!

Date: September 02, 2008 10:14AM

Froggy Wrote:
> pair of combat

Palin did photo ops with the Alaska National Guard. I know how to shoot an M-16. There's no "there" there.

Date: September 02, 2008 10:15AM

pgens Wrote:
> Vince(1) Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > And as the saying goes..At
> > least when Clinton lied...nobody died!
>
> Well, that depends on one's point of view... some
> say Vince Foster died.
>
> The funny thing I am reading on other forums
> filled with Democrat-leaning members is that
> people posting these stories are just preaching to
> choirs. There isn't anyone who is going to change
> their mind over voting for Obama who otherwise
> would have over his Biden choice, and no one who
> would have voted for McCain will change their mind
> due to the Palin choice. In fact both choices
> reinforced each of their bases.
>

Obama is at 51% in the latest Rasmussen. McCain is at 39% in the latest Hotline poll. The Republican base is about 35%. I will be perfectly happy with that.

Posted by: FUNdamental ()
Date: September 02, 2008 11:08AM

What the he!! is going on here? This stupid evolution-hating woman is running on a platform of family values and morality, and her own trick of a daughter is knocked up by a self-proclaimed "F*CKING REDNECK"????? And, the 18 year old father, who will be the groom at a shotgun wedding, very soon, has stated clearly that he didn’t even want kids. The grandmother to be has confirmed she is happy that the first year of marriage for two teenagers will be saddled with a baby (we ask you, what could possibly go wrong?).

This scenario is completely absurd on so many levels! Palin is adamantly against sex education and family planning for young people, yet she stands as a glaring example of what can occur when schools leave sex education to ignorant, delusional, or self centered parents. The Governor is lucky her family has the money to take care of her new grandchild, but think of the emotional pressures on the new Mom and Dad having to deal with a baby 24-7, while their friends will be binge drinking in dorms at U of A, Southeast?

This Governor appears to be a mindless, unqualified, simple thinking ex-cheerleader who neglects her own parental duties, abuses the powers of the Governor’s office, has considered starting another civil war in this country over her states secession, and inanely thinks the founding fathers wrote our Pledge of Allegiance, containing in it the words “under God.†By the way, she was for the bridge to nowhere before she was against it. Just think; this woman could be a heartbeat away from the highest office in the world. God help us all. Imagine her new 19 year old married son-in-law rocking a confederate flag on his pickup truck on the front lawn of the White House. Is a Black president really scarier than that?????

Date: September 02, 2008 11:15AM

Ya rly. It's almost like McCain picked her so that her family would get their own reality-TV show after they lose the election.

(I seriously see something like that happening)

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: September 02, 2008 11:42AM

Her problems are snowballing.....
Attachments:
palin.jpg

Date: September 02, 2008 11:47AM

If elected she will do for the vice-presidency what Clarence Thomas has done for the Supreme Court. Is there a trend here?

Posted by: Barry ()
Date: September 02, 2008 12:02PM

People's families should be off limits. And people's children are especially off-limits. This shouldn't be part of our politics. It has no relevance to Gov. Palin's performance as a governor or her potential performance as a vice president.

Date: September 02, 2008 12:12PM

It certainly is interesting how all the sudden the rules change about families. Wasn't it just two months ago that the Republicans were saying Obama's wife wasn't a patriot?

Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: September 02, 2008 12:29PM

The point is, despoite the fact that Grandy said this morning it was limitted to the "early 90s, she has very recently been a member of the Alaka Independence Party - and this party's goal is to

1)succeed from the US
2) Seize ALL FEDERAL land in Alaska for their own prosperity
3) Take over all military bases in Alaska
4) Make a huge profit for themselves from oil revenue
5) Redistribute wealth from the other 49 states to Alaska
7) Not follow many Federal laws
8) Change the flag to 49 stars

What here sounds PATRIOTIC to you?

Posted by: MADD ()
Date: September 02, 2008 12:49PM

The early 90's was a whole new start, that's after her husband got his first DUI.

Date: September 02, 2008 01:26PM

According to elected officials, as Mayor, Palin asked the town librarian how to get books banned from the library. According to the local press, after being elected, she fired the police chief for endorsing her opponent.

I can't make this stuff up.

Date: September 02, 2008 01:35PM

The Alaska Independence Party is on the record as sympathizing with Timothy McVeigh's actions in Oklahoma City in 1995. Palin was an AIP member at the time. Yet this didn't come up in the FBI background check? And if it did, why did John McCain ignore it?

Posted by: Fence sitter ()
Date: September 02, 2008 01:45PM

WashingToneLocian Wrote:
> The Alaska Independence Party is on the record as
> sympathizing with Timothy McVeigh's actions in
> Oklahoma City in 1995. Palin was an AIP member at
> the time. Yet this didn't come up in the FBI
> background check? And if it did, why did John
> McCain ignore it?

Where are they on the record sympathizing with McVeigh? I am not doubting the assertion, but I just wanted a bit more proof than an unsourced rumor on a message board.

Posted by: Joe B. ()
Date: September 02, 2008 01:49PM

Jester Wrote:
> It certainly is interesting how all the sudden the
> rules change about families. Wasn't it just two
> months ago that the Republicans were saying
> Obama's wife wasn't a patriot?

Children are off limits. Children are off limits.

Date: September 02, 2008 01:54PM

It was Palin's own peculiar behavior that started it all. And oh by the way..I guess that means the republikans should drop mentioning one of Palin's credentials to be Commander in Chief...the fact that her son will be deployed there soon. You cant have it both ways....

Posted by: Sourceman ()
Date: September 02, 2008 01:57PM

"People's families should be off limits. And people's children are especially off-limits. This shouldn't be part of our politics. It has no relevance to Gov. Palin's performance as a governor or her potential performance as a vice president."
-- Sen. Barack Obama 9/1/2008

"Children are off limits. Children are off limits."
-- Sen. Joe Biden 9/2/2008

Either you are with them or against them, which is it Vince?

Date: September 02, 2008 02:05PM

Children should be off limits if you work for the campaign, but this is a freekin website, we can bash whoever we want for any reason.

Posted by: Sourceman ()
Date: September 02, 2008 02:13PM

TheMeeper Wrote:
> Children should be off limits if you work for the
> campaign, but this is a freekin website, we can
> bash whoever we want for any reason.

Way to embrace that campaign of change! I see your candidate really inspires you to break away from the politics of destruction.

Posted by: Lurker. ()
Date: September 02, 2008 02:17PM

Posted the wrong Levi Johnson myspace page,

Levi's myspace page has been removed, but here are some quotes and pics

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/0..._n_123089.html

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2008 02:28PM by Lurker..

Date: September 02, 2008 02:27PM

Sourceman Wrote:
>> Way to embrace that campaign of change! I see your candidate really inspires you to break away from the politics of destruction.

LOL- like ever said anything about "embracing change", how stupid. I can say whatever I want, the president, whether it is Obama or McCain, can't tell me what I should do.

And if you truly want to talk about the "politics of destruction", take a look at AIP's website.

Posted by: Fencer ()
Date: September 03, 2008 01:37PM

WashingToneLocian Wrote:
> Obama is at 51% in the latest Rasmussen. McCain is
> at 39% in the latest Hotline poll. The Republican
> base is about 35%. I will be perfectly happy with
> that.

And now he is slipping again after having a very minimal bump. He should be running away with this election but is mired within the margin of error in nearly every poll.

Posted by: Okie Pundit ()
Date: September 03, 2008 04:03PM

Froggy Wrote:
> pair of combat

You may be right about Biden's skills with a firearm, but I DO remember one thing distinctly. When his committee was investigating the US's forays into torture, he reminded then-Attorney General Ashcroft that the Geneva Convention rules we in place to "...protect our troops...to protect MY son from being tortured."

It's difficult to say that a man whose own son will be deployed to Iraq soon would not support our troops. He's proven that he's looking out for them.

Now I know Palin's son is about to go over to the Great Sand Box, but don't try to tell me that because she can fire an M-16 that she has the PROVEN, DOCUMENTED experience to be commander in chief. It's a lot different deploying the National Guard to extinguish some forest fires than it is to deploy hundreds of thousands of our young men and women to die on foreign soil.

Date: September 03, 2008 04:54PM

Obama is at 50+ on Rasmussen?

Rasmussen always give Republicans a 4-5% bump up.

Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: September 03, 2008 05:00PM

Here Newsweek talks about how Sarah Palin is doing so much for Alaska and how she is very pragmatic and postpartisan.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/42534/

Seems like good qualifications to have when running for public office, and when you are advocating working across the aisle to solve problems. Where has Obama shown the same ability to work across party lines to get things done for anything significant?

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: September 04, 2008 02:09AM

Using a firearm is absolutely the least relevant skill in becoming a military leader. However, gun culture pervades the politics of the military and law enforcement circles (as noted in the movie "breach")

it can be hard to be taken seriously as a potential leader in that environment unless you are a fucking Rambo with a machine gun.

Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: September 04, 2008 11:39AM

Well... or a Rambina... :)

Posted by: Okie_Pol ()
Date: September 05, 2008 09:38AM

WashingToneLocian Wrote:
> The Alaska Independence Party is on the record as
> sympathizing with Timothy McVeigh's actions in
> Oklahoma City in 1995. Palin was an AIP member at
> the time. Yet this didn't come up in the FBI
> background check? And if it did, why did John
> McCain ignore it?

I'm not disputing what you say here, but I have been unable to find any record of the AIP sympathizing with McVeigh. Can you please post something that will back this up. I've heard it a lot, but I haven't found it.

Thanks

Posted by: My VP Pick ()
Date: September 05, 2008 01:36PM

What we need is a VP that stands strong on the important issues of the day. We need a VP that is willing to talk policy, not politics. We need a VP that will make the US stronger. I am sick of hearing about husbands, daughters, grandkids, and other useless crap.

We need a VP that supports expanding the list of crimes eligible for the federal death penalty, who will take the lead on drug control and narcotics policy including increasing sentences for those that would deal drugs near schools and spending money overseas to eradicate the drug trade.

We need a VP who will support abstinence education to help reduce teenage pregnancy.

We need a VP that will stand strong against Russian agression and recognizes the threat they pose to the progress made in eastern Europe and will support expanding NATO membership to more Eastern Eurpean nations.

We need a VP that will continue to support President Bush's PEFAR and PMI in Africa in order to not just save lives, but ensure that the next generation of would be terrorists do not hold the USA accountable for their poor living conditions and see that the USA is helping them live healthier, longer lives.

We need a VP that will stand strong against the totalitarian regimes in our own hemisphere especially Venezuala.

We need a VP who will ensure that the PATRIOT Act does not expire.

We need a VP that supports deploying a National Missile Defense system.

We need a VP that recognizes the border fence secures this nation and our communities.

Let's keep the issues in mind when we look at these candidates!

Date: September 05, 2008 02:52PM

>>>a VP who will support abstinence education to help reduce teenage pregnancy

To what planet are they sending your absentee ballot?

Posted by: muujK ()
Date: September 05, 2008 02:57PM

planet Alaska

weeehaaa

Date: September 05, 2008 03:21PM

TheMeeper Wrote:
> >>>a VP who will support abstinence education to
> help reduce teenage pregnancy
>
>
> To what planet are they sending your absentee
> ballot?

Actually, planet Deleware. It is a few miles northeast of here. Ever hear of it? Your VP pick is the one that supports that position. Shows how well you know your candidate. Have you taken any time to research his viewpoints? Or, are you just another misinformed and uninformed leming?

http://www.feministe.us/blog/archives/2008/08/23/joe-biden/

Date: September 05, 2008 03:26PM

>>> Ever hear of it?

No, I never heard of Delaware. Can you go on google maps and teach us all where it is?

Date: September 05, 2008 03:29PM

TheMeeper Wrote:
> >>> Ever hear of it?
>
> No, I never heard of Delaware. Can you go on
> google maps and teach us all where it is?

Apparantly you need a bit of an education on your chosen candidates as well.....

Posted by: jCVFv ()
Date: September 05, 2008 03:36PM

ROFL

FEMINISTE

hahahahaha

credible source of information.

Date: September 05, 2008 03:44PM

My VP Pick Wrote:
>> Apparantly you need a bit of an education on your chosen candidates as well.....

Well, while I still got you here on the clock, do ya think ya can stick around and teach us about that too?

Date: September 05, 2008 04:10PM

TheMeeper Wrote:
> My VP Pick Wrote:
> >> Apparantly you need a bit of an education on
> your chosen candidates as well.....
>
>
> Well, while I still got you here on the clock, do
> ya think ya can stick around and teach us about
> that too?

Nah, you have made your mind up, but the funny thing is you don't even know why you are voting for the person. What burns your ass more, the fact that Joe Biden voted to spend $75M on abstinence education or the fact you didn't know and then proceeded making a fool of yourself? I suppose it has to be the first choice, because we all know this isn't the first time you've played the fool.

Date: September 05, 2008 04:44PM

Attachments:
strawmanVP.jpg

Posted by: Libertarian1 ()
Date: September 05, 2008 09:50PM

How will we know who wins if the media doesn't tell us? Is there some other way you can figure it out - like if you watch and listen and then apply the candidates' comments to your own, ah waddaya call them again, ah, point of view thingies? Nah, that'll never work.

Posted by: My VP pick ()
Date: September 08, 2008 10:40AM

TheMeeper Wrote:
> You're arguing about stuff I didn't bring up......

You never expressed support for Senator Biden? You never mocked abstinence only education funding?

That's what I thought. Now, kindly go get an education or shut the hell up.

Date: September 08, 2008 10:50AM

My VP pick Wrote:
> > That's what I thought. Now, kindly go get an education or shut the hell up.

You mean I had to wait all weekend for THAT??? What a gyp.

How about this one: FOUR MORE YEARS!!

Posted by: My VP pick ()
Date: September 08, 2008 10:56AM

TheMeeper Wrote:
> My VP pick Wrote:
> > > That's what I thought. Now, kindly go get an
> education or shut the hell up.
>
>
> You mean I had to wait all weekend for THAT???
> What a gyp.
>
> How about this one: FOUR MORE YEARS!!

You actually were waiting all weekend for this? Perhaps a life outside FFXU might be in order. How many times did you check? Don't you have anything better to do? Don't you have a boyfriend/girlfriend or wouldn't you like to be looking for a boyfriend/girlfriend? There is a world outside FFXU, try exploring it. I feel bad for you and will refrain from mocking your lack of intelligence from here on out.

Date: September 08, 2008 11:04AM

I love the part where you completely misunderstood sarcasm in the same sentence where you boast intellectual superiority. It's like some type of anti-skill.

FOUR MORE YEARS!

Date: September 08, 2008 11:05AM

TheMeeper Wrote:
> I love the part where you completely misunderstood
> sarcasm in the same sentence where you boast
> intellectual superiority. It's like some type of
> anti-skill.
>
> FOUR MORE YEARS!

I love the part where you completely misunderstood sarcasm.

Date: September 08, 2008 02:57PM

Ive seen some video tape of Palin's style of debate. She interupts constantly and sits there with a constant smirk on her face. Personally I hope Biden tells her to take the shit eating grin off her face.

Posted by: Wince ()
Date: September 08, 2008 03:09PM

Vince(1) Wrote:
> Ive seen some video tape of Palin's style of
> debate. She interupts constantly and sits there
> with a constant smirk on her face. Personally I
> hope Biden tells her to take the shit eating grin
> off her face.

Shut up, bitch.

Posted by: Biden will destroy her ()
Date: September 09, 2008 04:34PM

Don't get all gimpy because your candidate is someone who couldn't avoid getting shot down and captured. Real American Hero? More like REAL AMERICAN ZERO!

Posted by: Bahaha! ()
Date: September 09, 2008 04:35PM

Don't forget.......McCain got caught in the BUSH!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.