HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Lauryn Hill goes to jail
Posted by: Ex obama fan ()
Date: May 06, 2013 09:52PM

Guess she doesnt dig the hope and change of taxing the rich. She claims she didnt pay her taxes because her parents were slaves. She looks awful young for her parents to have lived in the 1860s.

Grammy-winning singer Lauryn Hill stood in federal court Monday and compared her experience in the music business to the slavery her ancestors endured before a judge sentenced her to three months in prison for failing to pay about $1 million in taxes over the past decade.

"I am a child of former slaves who had a system imposed on them," Hill said before U.S. Magistrate Madeline Cox Arleo. "I had an economic system imposed on me."

Hill, who started singing with the Fugees as a teenager in the 1990s before releasing her multiplatinum 1998 album "The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill," pleaded guilty last year to failing to pay taxes on more than $1.8 million earned from 2005 to 2007. Monday's sentencing also took into account unpaid state and federal taxes in 2008 and 2009 that brought the total earnings to about $2.3 million.

Despite having paid more than $900,000 in the past several days, Hill still owes interest and penalties, the U.S. attorney's office said.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Lauryn Hill goes to jail
Date: May 06, 2013 09:55PM

The man is killing her softly...with his taxes.

Posted by: pay up kook aid drinker ()
Date: May 06, 2013 09:56PM

How ironic she was a huge obama supporter now she gets it stuck to her with his tax the rich bullshit. Hows it feel baby?

Posted by: Generous ()
Date: May 06, 2013 10:04PM

pay up kook aid drinker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How ironic she was a huge obama supporter now she
> gets it stuck to her with his tax the rich
> bullshit. Hows it feel baby?

It's easy to support higher taxes when you're not paying them. lmao

Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: May 06, 2013 10:10PM

My theory on most of these lib pukes in the entertainment field is they feel guilty about making money so easily and want to play up the phony populist angle to impress their fans, the "little people".

I don't know much about this Lauryn Hill but that Greaseman told a bad joke about her and lost what was left of his career to the PC police.

Howard Stern or Tosh could have told the same joke and probably got away with it.

Date: May 06, 2013 10:11PM

What was the joke?

Posted by: Race card dummy ()
Date: May 06, 2013 10:19PM

What planet was that dummy living on? Goes to show you how ignorant negro's are when they use the race card and slavery for not paying taxes. I hope she gets a shit load of jail time. Welcome to the real world, bitch. This is what happens to the working man every paycheck.
I wonder how much she like's the hope and change.

Posted by: Payyourdamntaxes ()
Date: May 06, 2013 10:22PM

Wesley Snipes pulled the same crap and spent three years in the joint. You're wealthy, just pay the damn taxes and for krissake get a new accountant. The slavery excuse never cuts it and keeps getting people in trouble.

Posted by: Capt.20 ()
Date: May 07, 2013 07:17AM

Yup, Laryn...you chose a career in music but the jungle bunnies from Africa were hauled across the ocean to work 10 times harder than you could ever dream about but what happened to you is TOTALLY the same thing.

Posted by: Ignorant Bitch ()
Date: May 07, 2013 07:34AM

I love how it's convenient to play the slavery card for stupid shit like this. Bitch, your family hasn't been in chains for generations. As wrong as slavery was looking back, your parents weren't slaves and you certainly weren't.

Posted by: BEH ()
Date: May 07, 2013 07:49AM

This may be a good time to mention that the Fugees sucked and Lauryn Hill is a mediocrity.

Couldn't even write a decent song of their own and did shitty covers of good music .

Posted by: its obamatime ()
Date: May 07, 2013 08:12AM

Its funny to see an obama fan taken to the cleaners by the IRS. I guess she thought the money was tax free compensation for her parents being slaves.

Posted by: rich man ()
Date: May 07, 2013 10:54AM

meanwhile 1.3 trillion dollars sits untaxed offshore.

Posted by: eyedeal ()
Date: May 07, 2013 10:59AM

drinking alcohol
smoking pot
smoking tobacco
drinking coffee
masturbating
having sex in any other position than "missionary"
At some point in history all of the above were or are illegal. Something always has to be illegal, something that people normally do, because a government cannot rule an innocent person.
God's law:
do what is right
Man's law:
keep your promises
Vulgar Law:
do what I tell you to do
Most of what people do that is "wrong" is actually in the third category, what governments hold over us so they can control us.

Posted by: Blowtorch999 ()
Date: May 07, 2013 11:07AM

Just another stupid nigger. Smart rich people know how to avoid taxes.

What's ironic is if she was truely a slave, she wouldnt have to pay any taxes!!!!!

Posted by: ex-Lester ()
Date: May 07, 2013 12:44PM

Posted by: semiauto ()
Date: May 08, 2013 01:52AM

The race card......don't leave home without it.

Posted by: hugh g rection ()
Date: May 14, 2013 11:50PM

Her mother was a teacher, not a slave
Her father was a computer programmer, not a slave
Alicia Keys pays her taxes.
So does: aretha, Newark's Sarah Vaughn, who could sing better than Lauryn Hill on her deathbed
Boo hoo she is a slave to her career.
She should forfeit everything and be forced to take 3 buses to an $8 perf hr job and then tell us how tortured she is.
Just shut up be grateful and stop blaming YT.
She should have gotten at least as much time as Wesley Snipes

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.