HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
It is unlawful to publish a person’s name or photograph with identifying information
Posted by: What is harassment? ()
Date: March 14, 2013 06:42AM

What is harassment?
Harassment means to repeatedly annoy or attack a person or group in such a way as to cause anxiety or fear for safety. Several different types of harassment are against Virginia law.

It is unlawful to publish a person’s name or photograph with identifying information such as social security number, driver’s license number, personal identification number (PIN), credit or debit card number, or address with the intent to coerce, intimidate, or harass another person. (Code of Virginia § 18.2-186.4) This offense is a Class 1 misdemeanor. If the victim is a law enforcement officer, the offense is a Class 6 felony and there is a mandatory minimum term of confinement of six months.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: It is unlawful to publish a person’s name or photograph with identifying information
Posted by: Thank you for RePosting ()
Date: March 14, 2013 06:42AM

Re: It is unlawful to publish a person’s name or photograph with identifying information
Posted by: lizzie ()
Date: March 14, 2013 06:51AM

And this is EXACTLY why I stopped doing that myself and removed or reported anything to Cary I had posted and TRIED to warn people not to post other's photos, but no one ever listens to me. All good now though, LOL! :')

I have everything you said I wouldn't, HA!
#stillwinning

Posted by: But if the victim is a cop...... ()
Date: March 14, 2013 07:37AM

If the victim is a law enforcement officer, the offense is a Class 6 felony, but why?

Date: March 14, 2013 08:01AM

For their protection. You don't want creeps going to cops' houses and threatening their families while they're out working, for extortion purposes or the like. See: lots of movies.

But if the victim is a cop...... Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If the victim is a law enforcement officer, the
> offense is a Class 6 felony, but why?

Date: March 14, 2013 09:08AM

I think the hardest part about cyber crimes usually is people doing things anon, when you know the person's real name, address, phone numbers, dead and alive parents names and the name they're posting from, it makes things a lot easier to deal with and saves a LOT of time and money.

#stillwinning

Posted by: dCGEh ()
Date: March 14, 2013 12:14PM

Can not wait to make my blog, so many pics from goodle....nothing illegal about it if google has them posted.

Posted by: hjCeF ()
Date: March 14, 2013 12:27PM

dCGEh Wrote:
> Can not wait to make my blog, so many pics from
> goodle....nothing illegal about it if google has
> them posted.

lol goodle

Date: March 14, 2013 12:30PM

Oh but when they were posted on here without permission and cached on to Goodle as you call it, it's illegal

#stillwinning

Posted by: PYu4V ()
Date: March 14, 2013 12:37PM

lizzie Wrote:
> Oh but when they were posted on here without
> permission and cached on to Goodle as you call it,
> it's illegal

No, it was legal, came from a site that featured trucks, so it is "public domain" as soon as they were uploaded to the site.

Date: March 14, 2013 12:47PM

It's funny that you think I'm talking about the truck! LOL! But okay. Carry on!

#stillwinning

Posted by: FWLCN ()
Date: March 14, 2013 02:57PM

Why would Monique post a law that she has broken like 100 times?

Posted by: L9hLK ()
Date: March 14, 2013 03:01PM

FWLCN Wrote:
> Why would Monique post a law that she has broken
> like 100 times?

Not the sharpest tool in the shed.

I few fries short of a Happy Meal.

Pretty stupid.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.