HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
guns around here
Posted by: not a felon ()
Date: December 20, 2012 09:41PM

I'm sorta worried about upcoming gun restrictions and would like some opinions on affordable defense weapons that I might buy, ones that won't be subject to restrictions. I'm mainly looking for lightweight & accurate, but not a peashooter or something fancy. I'm find myself routinely in high-risk areas that would might require a concealed presence. I'd also like to defend my home against predators, retaliations, and be able to fire quickly. A buddy keeps telling me for a revolver, but I'm not sure. I've also been told that I can't get a CHP unless I actually own a gun. I have no idea what's going on. I'm afraid the new Obama laws might make me a criminal or make me pay extra tax. It sucks. bad situation but mostly just for personal use thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: guns around here
Posted by: Yuijhijij ()
Date: December 20, 2012 10:00PM

Glock 19.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: December 20, 2012 10:13PM

Harpoon.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: Tom Crow ()
Date: December 20, 2012 10:19PM

Glock 19, Smith & Wesson M&P 9, or a Springfield XD9 would all make good choices. You don't need to own a pistol to obtain a permit, but there are educational requirements. The best CCW training courses involve some level of live fire, but you could rent or borrow a gun to complete a course.

Posted by: Aqua Dog ()
Date: December 21, 2012 06:42AM

Go to a gun shop (Nova Armament, heck even Blueridge) or pay $12 and go the Nations Gun Show next weekend at the Expo Center. Both options will offer you a chance to see and handle firearms and have knowledgeable people on staff. If you go to the gun show, you'll have dozens of dealers, each with dozens of weapons so you can look for a consistent recommendation from 5 - 6 of them. I'd recommend Trader Jerry and Bailey's at a minimum. Once you figure out what you want, look around the Internet (definitely try VA Gun Traders web site) to find the best price. FFXU is not the place to get real info anymore (sadly, too many trolls now dayz)

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.