HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Sierra Vista, Arizona
Posted by: Tokyo ()
Date: December 19, 2012 06:37AM

Discuss...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sierra Vista, Arizona
Posted by: sucks ()
Date: December 19, 2012 06:50AM

sucks

/thread

Posted by: True ()
Date: December 19, 2012 07:02AM

sucks Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> sucks
>
>
> /thread

+1

Posted by: Been There Recently ()
Date: December 19, 2012 07:27AM

If it weren't for Ft. Hauchuka, the town wouldn't exist.

Outside of the military, it's a working-class community, with almost everyone involved in the "service" industry.

But it's pretty -- if you really, really like the color brown.

Posted by: JoeBob ()
Date: December 25, 2012 08:55PM

Okay, I'll take a bite.

I am originally from Sierra Vista AZ. I left that dusty town back in 1998 and have been there only a few times since then. I only know a few people there now.

Somewhat in an ironic sense, there are some people that I've met in Sierra Vista who now live in cities in this area like Burke, Arlington, and Eastern Fairfax.

One thing that really bugs me now is that a typical conversation with a local inhabitant there invariably goes like this:

Me: So, today is Friday. Got any plans for the weekend?
Other: Yes, I'm going up to Tucson.

Yes, you read right...the climax of the week for many Sierra Vista residents is the weekly 60 mile trip up north into Tucson AZ.

Even the Mall of Sierra Vista sucks in comparison to Springfield Town Center, even though it was built less than 10 years ago.

The main east-west thoroughfare through the town is Fry Blvd. Think of it as Lee Hwy, but mostly populated with restaurants, gas stations, small office buildings, and a few seedy motels full of ladies of the evening. In fact, locals refer to the road as "French Fry Blvd".

About the dating scene: If you're ever there and want to pick up an 18 year young impressionable girl who spends her nights cruising French Fry Blvd and thinks Tucson is "big time living", all you need to do is dazzle her with your sophisticated knowledge (and perhaps your knowledge of the town, so mention French Fry Blvd), and you're in her pants faster than a fired bullet in DC.

Any questions or snarky remarks you want to make? Fire away!

Posted by: joebob#1 ()
Date: December 25, 2012 10:46PM

Too Funny! Az is a shit hole= FX is a shit hole!

Posted by: JoeBob ()
Date: December 26, 2012 12:31AM

^^^ Yeah, I agree. My move here was mostly lateral in terms of living conditions, but at least I am no longer in the middle of the fuckin' desert anymore.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.