HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
US to become world leader in oil production 2020
Posted by: bling ()
Date: November 12, 2012 07:27AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: US to become world leader in oil production 2020
Posted by: oily bohunk ()
Date: November 12, 2012 08:37AM

gross production, not net. shale oil requires a lot of natural gas to extract and process. for every barrell of oil produced, it consumes between .25 and .6. by comparison, ME light sweet crude oil is about 95% efficient.

Re: US to become world leader in oil production 2020
Posted by: Hank Moody ()
Date: November 12, 2012 08:47AM

I've been saying for years that the real "strategic oil reserve" is not sitting in a salt mine in Louisiana or Texes. The reserve is still sitting in the ground in the form of "unconventional" oil and gas that was once considered too expensive or too complicated to get out of the ground.

If you've formulated a 100 year strategic plan, surely one element of that plan would be energy security. I think it make mores sense to import and burn cheap and easy to refine Arabian sweet crude until it's gone rather than wasting money on drilling for the hard stuff that is available domestically.

Iraq, Iran, Somalia, Sudan, Nigeria
Posted by: Lester ()
Date: November 12, 2012 09:31AM

It also takes at least 10 years to subdue an insurgency after you invade for oil.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.