HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Smart Voters
Posted by: Ito ()
Date: November 09, 2012 10:50PM

121109_EXP_writein.jpg.CROP.rectangle3-l

In our continuing series on crazy Tea Party Republicans, let's take a look at Rep. Paul Broun who serves on the House Science Committee (as does Todd "A Woman's Body Has Ways To Shut The Whole Thing Down" Akin).

Back in September, Broun stated that the sciences of embryology, evolution, and the Big Bang are "lies straight from the Pit of Hell ... lies to try to keep me and all the folks who are taught that from understanding that they need a savior."

see video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBy3MbP4WDo

Broun ran unopposed in his Georgia district this year and received more than 200,000 votes. Some 4,000 voters voted for the same write-in candidate: Charles Darwin.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/explainer/2012/11/paul_broun_charles_darwin_vote_what_happens_when_a_protest_candidate_wins.html

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Smart Voters
Posted by: Give him time, he'll die ()
Date: November 09, 2012 11:05PM

"lies to try to keep me and all the folks who are taught that from understanding that they need a savior"

translation: new information scares me because I may have to rethink my entire world view and that is too much for my feeble mind to deal with.

It's a shame stupid doesn't hurt. I mean, hurt the stupid person. It certainly hurts the rest of us.

Re: Smart Voters
Posted by: Sure could use a savior ()
Date: November 10, 2012 10:36AM

Ito Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> Back in September, Broun stated that the sciences
> of embryology, evolution, and the Big Bang are
> "lies straight from the Pit of Hell ... lies to
> try to keep me and all the folks who are taught
> that from understanding that they need a savior."
>

No. Smart people didn't invent evolution, embryos and the big bang to keep him from understanding he needs a savior.

We all know he can certainly use a savior.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.