HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Do you shop at Walgreens?
Posted by: Rex All ()
Date: October 15, 2012 02:19AM

Since Walgreens made their big splash in Fairfax County a couple years back seems like the bloom is off the rose and the chain is treading water in Fairfax County.
Rarely see a full parking lot at a Walgreen's I pass.
CVS beat them off but good. Rite Aid somehow still survives despite being on life support for years now.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you shop at Walgreens?
Posted by: BEH ()
Date: October 15, 2012 08:42AM

Besides being open all the time what is the attraction? Everything there is more expensive than anywhere else.
They don't even carry my favorite brand of psylium powder.

Posted by: People's Drug ()
Date: October 15, 2012 09:02AM

What are Walgreen's and CVS?

Posted by: SoylentGreen ()
Date: October 15, 2012 08:14PM

BEH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Besides being open all the time what is the
> attraction? Everything there is more expensive
> than anywhere else.
> They don't even carry my favorite brand of psylium
> powder.
Attachments:
846.jpg

Posted by: snakeinthegrass ()
Date: October 15, 2012 08:20PM

I prefer shopping at Walgreens, specifically the one in Old Town Fairfax. Most of the CVS's here are complete shit. I wish Rite Aid would just die already.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: October 15, 2012 09:07PM

I like that Walgreens in Vienna (where the shithole safeway used to be) The local CVS's always seem cramped, well-worn, with long lines and slow service. The Vienna Walgreens is a large, and it's modern. It doesn't seem like it gets much business though, it's usually empty whenever I'm in there. I like it, it's a better chain than CVS or Rite Aid (if that even exists around here anymore).

Posted by: ferfux ()
Date: October 22, 2012 08:06PM

I shop (lift) at walgreens

Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: October 22, 2012 08:08PM

I work at Walgreens.

Posted by: flem ()
Date: October 22, 2012 08:32PM

I've never stepped foot in a Walgreens so I am a little off topic on off topic.

But I am just too close with the Pharmacy Nerds at the Safeway in Burke to step out.

They actually know my family and our prescription history and they engage after telling me they are too fucking busy fifty times. I just turn in my script and walk around checking out the talent, and wait, while remaining calm.

After about 30 minutes I return to the pick up counter and they are just good friendly sheeple. I wait and in the back of my mind I worry for their souls filling pill bottles all day for unappreciative, rude, assholes who created their own medical problems by sucking down a dozen Cinnabons with their 62 Ounce Diet Cokes three times a day.

The CVS next door seems like a revolving door for different Al Qaeda and Taliban recruits in training. I go in to buy sexual lubricant and MACH 3 razors once in a while and am amazed at the Taliban turnover. Never the same girl in a Burkha with a fat pock marked face or the same excessive facial hair mustache.

I stand in the check out line and often wonder how they sexually lubricate and with whom they fornicate each time they ask if I have a CVS frequent flier card.

I often think about how I would never be a suicide bomber for forty virgins who looked like that.

I often thank God I was never born to fuck goats and ugly fat hairy women.

Then I go home and my wife starts bitching at me with a fury and I think - we can engineer a compromise solution with the Nordic Races. Hot, loose women, who do what they are told, and fuck like rabbits.

And then it dawns on me - we have politicians for that.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.