HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Nats BLEW IT! THEY SUCK!
Posted by: ByeByeNats ()
Date: October 13, 2012 12:40AM

When a team blows a 6 - 0 lead and gives up 4 runs in the 9th, THEY SUCK! They don't deserve to go any further!!! Won't be watching anymore baseball this year. Hate the Cardinals, can't stand the Yankees or Detriot and could care less about the Giants!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nats BLEW IT! THEY SUCK!
Posted by: Romulus ()
Date: October 13, 2012 12:48AM

What was DJ waiting for? Should have pulled Gio after he walked the whole line up.

Posted by: Karma ()
Date: October 13, 2012 12:51AM

There were greater forces at work against the Nationals tonight other than what they were facing on the baseball field.
When you are a major bully and asshole to people it always comes back to you.

Go Cardinals!

Posted by: SoylentGreen ()
Date: October 13, 2012 06:16AM

Karma Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There were greater forces at work against the
> Nationals tonight other than what they were facing
> on the baseball field.
> When you are a major bully and asshole to people
> it always comes back to you.
>
> Go Cardinals!

Evidently I missed something. Major bully and asshole to people?

Posted by: True Fan ()
Date: October 13, 2012 07:50AM

Wow! What an amazing game last night! I couldn't believe that Davey had the stones to give Strasburg the start. He was a little rusty but he definitely got the job done. Kurt Suzuki was solid again back behind the plate and didn't allow a single pass ball enabling any runs to score. When then hired Davey, I thought he was a bit too young to be a manager but in addition to giving Stras the ball last night, I mean he made all the right calls to the bullpen, too. He looked like a veteran manager who had been through thousands of these situations and knew exactly what to do each time. Now, the Cardinals' manager Mike Metheny looked totally lost, which was really surprising given all of his years of experience. Bryce Harper had another shitty game but fortunately, all of those other homeruns from guys like LaRoche, Desmond and Espinoza helped seal the deal. I was also worried that we'd let guys like Descalso and Kozma beat us, but no...that didn't happen either. Strasburg just found a way to mow them down all night long. I'm not sure how we're going to fare against the Giants but, I like our chances. After that, who knows...we could win it all this year. Heck, we might even win TWO World Series this year. The way this season started I thought #SUCKITUDE might be a better hashtag for the post-season...nope, it's definitely #NATITUDE! Amazing!

Posted by: Ralph Pootawn ()
Date: October 13, 2012 09:51AM

ByeByeNats Wrote:
>can't stand the
> Yankees or Detriot and could care less about the
> Giants!

what does that even mean: "could care less". doesn't make sense.

Posted by: hoser ()
Date: October 13, 2012 11:20AM

Nats fans got a dose of postseason reality last night. Welcome to the club. After posting the best regular season record in baseball this season they went out in the first round. Familiar territory for my favorite team (it's not the Nats).

The playoffs are a whole different deal. The Nats acquitted themselves well this year. They played good baseball all year long. The fans I met were stoked. I heard many of them talking smack about their team. I am glad they are finally getting behind their team.

You Nats fans need to step up your game like your team has. Visiting teams are still responsible for filling your stadium, just like in the past when you were dwelling the cellar. Get your asses out there and fill the seats. Start your own streak of sell outs for the games. Last night was a good start. It's a long journey, don't expect it to be easy.

It hasn't been for us.....but it's worth it, I promise.

Signed,
A Phillies Fan trapped in Nats Land.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2012 11:21AM by hoser.

Posted by: Icabod Crane ()
Date: October 13, 2012 12:50PM

Nats lost and now the Lerners can't make any more money on games this year...Jewish owners rule professional sports...4 teams left..SF's Larry Baer is jewish...How are jewish commissioners so prevelant? Baseball, basketball, Hockey, MLS, Pro Golfers, Arena football....all Jews....they are only 1.9% of the population...to hold all these positions is mathematically astronomical

Posted by: icabod Crane ()
Date: October 13, 2012 12:56PM

Detroit Tigers owner, Mike Ilitch, Jew.

Posted by: Nats, Skins, Caps, Wizards ()
Date: October 13, 2012 02:11PM

The curse on Washington continues

Posted by: Sal Governale ()
Date: October 13, 2012 02:38PM

The Lerners brought the playoff fizzle with them from the Caps. Caps win the Presidents trophy, out in the first round. Nats finish with the best record and they end up out after the first series.

Posted by: wasted effort ()
Date: October 13, 2012 02:42PM

Should have left Clippard in. Storen just plain sucked.

Posted by: Abe ()
Date: October 13, 2012 06:14PM

wasted effort Wrote:
> Should have left Clippard in. Storen just plain
> sucked.

I completely agree. I have nothing but full respect for Davey and his staff but as a general question...Why is pitching managed the way it's managed in today's game? Ok, now you guys over here are starters. You're going to go as many innings as you can until bad things start to happen OR your named Strasburg and your pitch count is being closely managed. After things go bad we'll bring in one of you guys over here...our middle relievers. We'll use as many as you guys as we need to get to the 8th inning and then bring in one of you guys, our setup man. Our setup man shall NEVER pitch more than ONE INNING even if he strikes out the side or has a 3-pitch inning because in the ninth we are REQUIRED by this dumb system to hand the ball to our closer who again...ONLY pitches the NINTH inning. Nothing more and nothing less because he'll just self-immolate right there on the mound if we break this framework.

You need a framework to get through 162 regular season games. Everyone has their roles and for the most part stays in their roles. But, in the playoffs you have to play today's game like you're not getting another one and that goes double for any elimination game.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: October 13, 2012 06:36PM

Abe Wrote:
> wasted effort Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Should have left Clippard in. Storen just plain
> > sucked.
>
> I completely agree.

They pulled Clippard to get Chad Tracy up to the plate. There was a guy on 2nd and two outs, Tracy had a better shot at advancing the runner than Clippard.

That being said, he didn't.

Posted by: More Complete ()
Date: October 13, 2012 06:54PM

I'm starting to think that DC stands for "damn chokers" :(

Posted by: GAY. ()
Date: October 13, 2012 07:11PM

SoylentGreen Wrote:
> Karma Wrote:
> -----
> > There were greater forces at work against the
> > Nationals tonight other than what they were
> facing
> > on the baseball field.
> > When you are a major bully and asshole to
> people
> > it always comes back to you.
> >
> > Go Cardinals!
>
>
> Evidently I missed something. Major bully and
> asshole to people?

You think they built the baseball stadium over an empty piece of land?
You think the people who were living there before the stadium was built were paid what their property was actually worth?
You think the people who were working there before the stadium was bulit were happy about losing their existing jobs so the Nationals could build a brand new baseball stadium?

Posted by: cross to bear ()
Date: October 13, 2012 07:15PM

Dont we suffer enough in DC with the politicians, the excess of asshole lawyers, the snob rich, the soccer moms, the illegals, the traffic, the high taxes and messed up roads.

Posted by: SoylentGreen ()
Date: October 13, 2012 07:34PM

GAY. Wrote:
> SoylentGreen Wrote:
> -----
> > Karma Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > There were greater forces at work against the
> > > Nationals tonight other than what they were
> > facing
> > > on the baseball field.
> > > When you are a major bully and asshole to
> > people
> > > it always comes back to you.
> > >
> > > Go Cardinals!
> >
> >
> > Evidently I missed something. Major bully and
> > asshole to people?
>
> You think they built the baseball stadium over an
> empty piece of land?
> You think the people who were living there before
> the stadium was built were paid what their
> property was actually worth?
> You think the people who were working there before
> the stadium was bulit were happy about losing
> their existing jobs so the Nationals could build a
> brand new baseball stadium?

Not sure how to break it to you but the Lerners/Nationals didn't build a stadium anywhere. The DC government did.

The same DC government that doesn't allow the ownership of land in the District. Just the buildings on it.

Were the original building owners paid the going rate? Don't know but the DC government did what the DC government does, they probably overpaid by twice what those buildings were worth.

But I do see your point. Hundreds of thousands of people out in the cold from their high paying upwardly mobile positions with top notch corporations.

http://www.jdland.com/dc/stadium.cfm?tab=no3&filter=demos

Posted by: Curt Knight ()
Date: October 13, 2012 07:40PM

Are the 1991 Redskins the last DC team to win a championship? I dont want to hear about soccer or womens basketball either, just the real sports.

Posted by: Frank Howard ()
Date: October 13, 2012 07:43PM

TheMeeper Wrote:
> > > Should have left Clippard in. Storen just
> plain
> > > sucked.
> >
> > I completely agree.
>
> They pulled Clippard to get Chad Tracy up to the
> plate. There was a guy on 2nd and two outs, Tracy
> had a better shot at advancing the runner than
> Clippard.
>
> That being said, he didn't.

I think they were up by two at that point right? I would have went with Clippard and forgot the pinch hitter, but that would be Monday morning QBing. Clippard was throwing smoke no need to pull him.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: October 13, 2012 09:19PM

Frank Howard Wrote:
>
> I think they were up by two at that point right?
> I would have went with Clippard and forgot the
> pinch hitter, but that would be Monday morning
> QBing. Clippard was throwing smoke no need to pull
> him.

Yeah they were up by 2, but I still think Davey made the right move given the situation (even though Clippard is a favorite player of mine too).

If they left him in, it most likely would've been an easy out, and today people would complaining that Johnson wasn't aggressive enough for a playoff game, saying "WHY DID THEY STRAND DESMOND ON 2ND IN THE 8TH??".

Over the past 6 months I've watched the most enjoyable baseball season in my life, it sucks they lost but I don't think anyone is to blame for last night's heartbreaker.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2012 09:19PM by TheMeeper.

Posted by: Seamhead ()
Date: October 13, 2012 09:43PM

You have to ask yourself the same question Davey asked himself...

We're up by 2 runs with a man on second and Clippard is throwing aspirin. Is Chad Tracy more likely to come in and knock Demond home or is Clippard more likely to hold the lead?

Here's the thing...scoring Desmond gives you ONE RUN. So you lose 9-8 instead of 9-7. In the regular season, when you're looking to play the odds and it's no big deal if you make the wrong call and lose...you pull Clippard and put Tracey in to pinch hit.

But in that situation? Yeah...you let Clippard hit, he likely strikes out and then he stays in the game and preserves the lead. That's it. End of story. Davey made a mistake.

Posted by: "A" GAME ()
Date: October 13, 2012 09:51PM

honey-boo-boo.jpg?w=600

The Nats should have brought their "A" GAME.

Now they will watch the rest of the MLB playoffs on their flat screen televisions just like the rest of us.

Posted by: ferfux ()
Date: October 22, 2012 08:08PM

oh shut up. The nats are going to be a force to be reckoned with like the Braves in the 90's. We got us a great team here. Enjoy it!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.