HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous123AllNext
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Join the Army with a felony conviction?
Posted by: Felony in USAF ()
Date: July 23, 2010 05:03PM

change. learn or get burned Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I got 1 conviction (burgulry of habitation) i just
> paroled out wat are my chances of joining the army
> NOW... or is it gone have to wait till i get off
> papers??? ANYONE

you have to get out of the system completely. and after that chances are slim that you'd be able to join for at least a year because of the high numbers of new recruits currently enlisting... because of this they are signing less and less waivers and at currently have canceled all waivers for felonies until at least October.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dane Bramage ()
Date: July 23, 2010 08:13PM

change. learn or get burned Wrote:
> I got 1 conviction (burgulry of habitation) i just
> paroled out wat are my chances of joining the army
> NOW... or is it gone have to wait till i get off
> papers??? ANYONE

no chance.

Get off parole, do good stuff and perhaps if the wars are still ongoing when the economy gets better.

Posted by: pat ()
Date: August 06, 2010 03:11PM

I 22 have two felonies burgarly and criminal truspassing nothing voilent or to serious recruiters for marines and army told me with 1 felony theirs a chance but with two they wont accept me but if you got connects and know a 3 stargeneral you can prob get in

Posted by: J.P.T. ()
Date: August 19, 2010 07:38PM

I was convicted of sexual misconduct of a minor at the age of 22. Met a girl at a party we made out kiss and touch was all it was, come to find out later she was 15. What are my chances of joining the military. Keep in mind this was my first and only offense

Posted by: eesh ()
Date: August 19, 2010 07:52PM

J.P.T. Wrote:
> I was convicted of sexual misconduct of a minor at
> the age of 22. Met a girl at a party we made out
> kiss and touch was all it was, come to find out
> later she was 15. What are my chances of joining
> the military. Keep in mind this was my first and
> only offense

Sick. You need to be in jail, not the military.

Blessed are the murderous.

Date: August 19, 2010 08:22PM

pat Wrote:
> I 22 have two felonies burgarly and criminal
> truspassing nothing voilent or to serious
> recruiters for marines and army told me with 1
> felony theirs a chance but with two they wont
> accept me but if you got connects and know a 3
> stargeneral you can prob get in

Son, I doubt you could pass the ASVAB test.

-------------------------------------------------
“We don’t have any rude, unpleasant people here. We’re different!”

Date: August 19, 2010 08:23PM

J.P.T. Wrote:
> the military.

Highly doubtful that you could ever get in with that on your record.

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: August 20, 2010 10:08AM

J.P.T. Wrote:
> the military. Keep in mind this was my first and
> only offense

Inka, is that you?

Posted by: chad ()
Date: September 03, 2010 09:14AM

Im 19 yrs old and i am off anti depresents but without a docters consent i also have a midemeanor witch i receaved at 18 and now because of that i have 5 probation vialations i am in court for if i get this things settled is it possible for me to join the army as a armor crewman or any branch for that matter i am very audacious i wont quit i reeaaly want to be in service will this things hold me back? thank you

Posted by: chad ()
Date: September 03, 2010 09:15AM

I also have a ged

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: September 03, 2010 02:59PM

Chad, face it son, your a complete fuckup.

Posted by: Fonie ()
Date: September 03, 2010 03:11PM

chad Wrote:
> I also have a ged

you can't join the air force with a GED unless you have 15+ college credits... you can't be on probation or previously arrested for a felony, and some misdemeanors. they won't let you in with any drug convictions either.

Posted by: xG ()
Date: September 22, 2010 06:33AM

felons can change their life around. people make mistakes and we all learn from it i had one felony conviction for gta back in 2001 when i was 19. did 90 days in county jail and 3 years probation. after probation got my record expunge went back to school, work as a nurse assistant for almost 4 years and now im a license vocational nurse trying to work on my RN. my point is just you because u were convicted doesn't mean you have to put you're self down. my advise to all the felons in here is to work your way up dont look down and stop getting in trouble one mistake is enough to learn. if you keep making mistakes then good luck to you that means you will never learn those are the loosers with no chance

Posted by: John Shaw ()
Date: September 24, 2010 10:53PM

I was born in Panama city, Panama in Oct. 10 1982, my father John Lee Shaw worked for the d.o.d. as a school teacher for 25 years and retired. he was ranked as a Lt. Crnl. He would scuba dive and metal detect or treasure hunt in the jungles down there as a hobby. He made alot of friends while he was there, I remember watching my dad give the navy seals tips on deep sea diving and showing them where to find old spanish coins and treasure or where the best fishing was. usually he would meet up with them at the local scuba shop or local watering hole, and sometimes at the gun range.When the war started I remember the whole sky, from as far as I could scan through my window. Seeing tracers and artillery being fired over my house when they hit you could feel the ground shake and you could hear and feel the explosions. I remember running and hiding under my bed, sat under the bed long enough to realize it wasn't just gonna be over with quick. It seemed like Armageddon, I walked back to my window and just watched in awe. I just said screw it, if one of those hit here I'm dead anyways so I just watched out my window wondering if I was going to die. My father stayed quiet, I don't think he was praying I believe he just felt like me helpless. while my mom a little panamanian lady started to recite her prayers and yell frantically on the phone calling her family and friends, my moms sister was married to a medic who was stationed down there too, he was in it fighting and so was my moms brother who was panamanian special forces or para jungla. it was my two uncles on opposite sides trying to kill each other because one day it was a way to feed the family and the next you might be trying to kill them for a check and a sense of duty. One of Noriegas' last orders was for his forces to raid the off base American neighborhoods and execute American families. My uncle Sergio Rodriguez defected and setup at the entrance of our neighborhood Diablo heights, and waited for them. He tells me with his AK-47 he stopped two carloads of these men that were headed into my neighborhood and by stop I don't mean hey get out of the car He ambushed them and shot the men in the cars, by himself. He was eventually captured by American troops, captured as in they chased him down in there hummers and threw a grenade at him while he was trying to cross a creek, he spent two weeks in ICU from the concussion in the water. My Uncle who was an american medic Dennis clagget won't speak a word of that or his time in Kuwait, all I know is he shot a sixteen year old kid in the face in Iraq during desert storm, He was also court martial-ed for running out into a mine field after his buddy,his friend stepped on a mine. he told me he held his friend and told him he was going to be alright as he died, he blew both his legs off at the hips. His son was also court martial-ed in the second Iraq war, for firing on Iraqi civilians for laughing at a humvee that was blown up by an IED everyone in the vehicle died. I'm very proud to be An American And to be Panamanian I'm just ashamed of some of the choices our leaders make. WAR is a must, but it should be something that is used as a last resort. Innocent families and young men and women of our armed forces pay the ultimate price even if they make it through I'm sure like me they never forget When war shows up there are no heroes there is just tragedy. Life no matter what race or nationality should be the most important. I believe in serving and protecting your country, these are things worth fighting for. I guess the question is Do our leaders send us to die and kill for the right reasons. My Grand father John Henry Shaw was in World war 2 and Korea where he was wounded in both wars shot in the same knee in two different wars! thats our Shaw luck. I remember my father telling me how his father begged him to go to college and not to enlist and go to Vietnam, he said War was not worth anything in the world and to live life fully and happily and to be a righteous man that was the most important thing. I don't feel happy or righteous and can feel war running in my veins. I think its time to go talk to a recruiter I miss the smell of napalm in the morning!!!

Posted by: my shaw can kill your shaw ()
Date: September 24, 2010 11:00PM

John Shaw Wrote:

Posted by: bom shaw ()
Date: September 24, 2010 11:08PM

Posted by: jo jo shaw joe ()
Date: September 24, 2010 11:17PM

Posted by: anthony molano ()
Date: September 28, 2010 05:16PM

i was convicted of a felony in 2003,for carjacking/robbery in the second degree,i have been trying to join the military since i got out,is it possible to still join.please let me no

Posted by: tyler ()
Date: October 01, 2010 12:42AM

Hi, I have not been convicted of a felony yet however I may be due to the fact I stole thousands of dollars from my previous employer. Is there any way that I could do some sort of plea with the judge and serve my country rather than possibly time. I was intending to join the USAF before I was caught stealing and received a 92 on my ASVAB. My employer is also considering a civil suit rather than taking it to the police and filing felony charges. What are my chances of being able to serve if there is a chance at all? Thank you

Posted by: Tyler ()
Date: October 01, 2010 12:47AM

xG Wrote:
> felons can change their life around. people make
> mistakes and we all learn from it i had one felony
> conviction for gta back in 2001 when i was 19. did
> 90 days in county jail and 3 years probation.
> after probation got my record expunge went back to
> school, work as a nurse assistant for almost 4
> years and now im a license vocational nurse trying
> to work on my RN. my point is just you because u
> were convicted doesn't mean you have to put you're
> self down. my advise to all the felons in here is
> to work your way up dont look down and stop
> getting in trouble one mistake is enough to learn.
> if you keep making mistakes then good luck to you
> that means you will never learn those are the
> loosers with no chance

Amen to that! I completely agree :) I have commited a felony offense yet I have not been charget with a felony yet. I feel like a completely different person now after confessing my crime of theft and going to a 5 day self improvment seminar. Also I gave back about half of what I stole and I showed my employer how I took the money in order to help prevent further incidents in the future. I am looking to join the air force if I can when all is said and done however if it is not a possibility I will go back to college and continue taking courses in business. One mistake should not have to ruin your life. I believe there is good in everyone and that just because you make a mistake you shouldn't be judged on that alone for the rest of your life

Posted by: cjm ()
Date: October 27, 2010 03:13PM

hey fuck you

Posted by: caustin ()
Date: December 08, 2010 07:58PM

i have 2 non violent felonies,that happened 4 years ago i'm a certified welder, is there any chance of me getting in any military branch

Posted by: Dumb fucks ()
Date: January 09, 2011 09:50PM

Your fuckin dumb........... as u run yur mouth mouth , and hind with ur tight twat hiding behind ur mom, convicts dont care, and tey r serving ur freedom as is the right of AMERICA. So with that said jag of.... u n your friends enlist and u have nothing to worry about. U fuckin COWARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: melo ()
Date: February 10, 2011 12:43PM

Yikes! dosent anyone out there believe people change completley who they are as a person form 18 to 30. I know for sure that I have,and it totally bums me out that there are people out there who dont realize this.

Posted by: Gerald Giles ()
Date: March 03, 2011 01:03PM

I have no criminal history this is my first offense for forgery.I did some work on line and they sended me my check through fedex and i went to go cash my check and they told me that my check wash a fraud check so i got pended with forgery. So right now I'm waiting on a waiver from the army.

Posted by: anon user ()
Date: March 03, 2011 05:09PM

Gerald Giles Wrote:
> I have no criminal history this is my first
> offense for forgery.I did some work on line and
> they sended me my check through fedex and i went
> to go cash my check and they told me that my check
> wash a fraud check so i got pended with forgery.
> So right now I'm waiting on a waiver from the
> army.

You passed the ASVAB?

Date: March 24, 2011 01:57PM

can i join the military with a robbery charge f2 degrees

Date: March 24, 2011 02:01PM

the robbery case is my first adult case would i have a chance to jois i also have parole whats my chance to still go to the military thank you for your time

Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: March 24, 2011 02:47PM

USC 10, Subtitle A, PART II, CHAPTER 31 § 504

Persons not qualified

(a) Insanity, Desertion, Felons, Etc.- No person who is insane, intoxicated, or a deserter from an armed force, or who has been convicted of a felony, may be enlisted in any armed force. However, the Secretary concerned may authorize exceptions, in meritorious cases, for the enlistment of deserters and persons convicted of felonies.

http://www.ehow.com/about_5194654_can-join-army-felony-record_.html

Good luck.

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Posted by: michael ()
Date: April 20, 2011 09:23AM

could some one join the millitary after their sentence is done from serving prison time

Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: April 20, 2011 09:31AM

I am pretty sure that you can get into prison with an army record.

idontlikebeingrightaboutshitlikethisbutiam

Edited 21 time(s). Last edit at 5/31/1967 05:57AM by WingNut.

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Posted by: joseph chisholm ()
Date: April 28, 2011 08:42AM

im 20 years old and i got in a fight when i was 18 and i got charged with assult and battery and sent to prison. now im a felon, i really want to change my life.my arms are covered in tattoos. do i have a chance to join the army yes or no because im really determend to fight for my country

Posted by: Drew ()
Date: May 09, 2011 01:44AM

I am 22 years old with a felony for possession of a stolen vehicle. I was the passenger and had no idea the car was stolen. Have a chance to get it expunged, but was told by recruiters of all branches that whether its expunged or not i can't join with that felony on my record. Is this true

Posted by: recruiter1 ()
Date: May 09, 2011 01:03PM

Army is cutting back, chances of getting in with felony are slim to none at this point. Tattoos are a different subject, if they're not gang related or racist, and depending on where they are on your body, you could get in (but not with the felony).

and yes, I will have fries with my Mcburger, thanx.

Posted by: jeff ()
Date: May 12, 2011 06:04PM

That is the most ridiculous comment you could ever make over 5 million people alone in the us are convicted felons. People make mistakes some learn from them and some don't. The ones who don't are the ones who keep getting into trouble. Everybody deserves a second chance and should not be judged for one mistake. They are not gonna allow the ones that havent learned into the army. But for the ones who have they can be just as good as any other person. So before you decide to make a nasty comment like that you should really think what makes you any better.

Posted by: Amanda ()
Date: June 18, 2011 05:29PM

FUCK you I'm a felon . And It wasn't even my fault. Tats all we need is felons protecting us. All we need is idiots like you who just hasn't got caught to even speak out loud. Fucking loser

Date: June 19, 2011 02:33PM

Amanda Wrote:
> FUCK you I'm a felon . And It wasn't even my
> fault. Tats all we need is felons protecting us.
> All we need is idiots like you who just hasn't got
> caught to even speak out loud. Fucking loser

A felon with anger management problems. No way your getting in. Frankly, I don't need your angry ass next to me with a loaded weapon and grenades.

Posted by: neil ()
Date: June 19, 2011 03:05PM

you should be shot along with all the other chomos

Posted by: R. Lee Ermey ()
Date: June 19, 2011 03:27PM

I hope you felons do get into the military. It's a sure fired way to straighten your asses up or die trying.

Posted by: David Mawson ()
Date: July 28, 2011 03:16AM

I was working as a pharm. tech. in Las Vegas, NV for a little bit. I was in a rough situation and decided to steal some pills. I got caught and charged with several felonies, but it was reduced to one misdemeanor drug charge. I got a perfect 99 ASFT score for the Navy, but they won't take me because I was initially charged with a felony. The army won't take me because it was a possession drug charge, and neither will any other branch (with a perfect fucking score!!!) So did I just waste my time talking to this petty officer recruit? At least they paid for my Florida ID..... :-\

Posted by: jeremy1981 ()
Date: July 31, 2011 06:41PM

I wanna know what my chances of getting into the army are..I have 4 felonies 2 are burglaries an one is theft and the other is fleein in a motor vehicle but they are all 4 years or older,i also got 3 dwi's..i am not on any type of probation i have sat all my time on everything..I would really like to change my life..please get back to me..thank you..

Posted by: cindy ()
Date: August 06, 2011 01:31PM

I totally agree you shouldn't be punished the rest of your lif. If jesus forgive why can't people. No one needs to be continually reminded of their past...the past is the past, the future is yet to be seen..live now

Posted by: recruit ()
Date: August 06, 2011 02:54PM

I remember pre 2007 Army recruiters would even make high school diplomas for drop outs just to get them to enlist. I remember seeing something on the news about it. And I am sure they were overlooking things like criminal records. As someone pointed out earlier depression 2.0 has allowed them to be more picky considering they are backed up 140%. That's a lot! I'm joining shortly and haven't taken the ASVAB but I have a bachelor's degree and I want to be an MP. Shit even MP isn't available I'll take what I can get!

Posted by: willie will ()
Date: August 10, 2011 08:00PM

I got 1 Felonie conviction from 2002 almust ten yrs ago and once you say felonie thats it thank's for calling is there anybody to call about this

Posted by: willie will ()
Date: August 10, 2011 11:05PM

this is all bullshit that just becouse i have a felonie i can't join the militery so what can you do WTF

Posted by: ProVallone ()
Date: August 11, 2011 02:49PM

willie will Wrote:
> this is all bullshit that just becouse i have a
> felonie i can't join the militery so what can you
> do WTF

I believe the military also requires that soldiers be somewhat literate.
You'd have to improve to a least a forth grade writing level, so you weren't getting into the army anyway.

Posted by: ProVallone ()
Date: August 11, 2011 02:50PM

ProVallone Wrote:
> willie will Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > this is all bullshit that just becouse i have a
> > felonie i can't join the militery so what can
> you
> > do WTF
>
> I believe the military also requires that soldiers
> be somewhat literate.
> You'd have to improve to a least a third grade
> writing level, so you weren't getting into the
> army anyway.

Posted by: Fuck You ()
Date: August 19, 2011 11:59AM

Fuck the Army, the pay is absolute shit! You might as well go work at Mickey Dee's considering you will probably make more and you won't have to risk your life in the process. Don't be a tool and join the Army..you have other options.

Posted by: Erica ()
Date: August 21, 2011 12:39AM

I am currently on felony probation, for assault on a peace officer. The story is long but I was scared into signing rather than taking it to trial. I am a good person who is very dedicated and strong willed. I am recently married with two children. This charge has messed my life up in many ways. I would like to join the military to give my children a positive life and some encouragement to follow in the right direction. Do I have a chance in joining the military to change my families life f oi r the better?

Posted by: Patriot ()
Date: August 21, 2011 03:19PM

Join Team America... Fuck Yeah!

Posted by: Dave N ()
Date: September 23, 2011 09:17AM

First of all, as far as felons joining the military: Even if it is their way to avoid being behind bars, they are choosing to possibly put their lives on the line for it, so shut up about that. There are a lot of so-called "honest, upright citizens" who do not choose to join. Second, how many of us out there are guilty of some crime, felony or misdemeanor, that they have not been arrested for? Cheat a little on your taxes, run a stop sign when no cops are around, get too much change at a fast food joint and not return it, find something in your cart outside WalMart that you and everyone else missed and just keep going? Secondly, for those who do choose that life, hell, every branch needs more cannon fodder. Finally, for those who have gun charges, think about it...they are already used to having and/or using a weapon...who better?

Posted by: Michele ()
Date: October 04, 2011 03:56PM

All you ass holes who keep judging people that got in trouble seriously should go to hell. You aren't perfect so quit acting like you are! I know a boy who did great in school, was the star on the football team, and very good at baseball and basketball. He got more awards in high school than you probably ever got in your life. But he did get into trouble after high school. He was hanging around the wrong people who brought him down. To make a long story short, he was convicted of a felony and and served his time in jail. He now has a job and is doing very well. Maybe he'll try to go into the military one day, maybe he won't. But either way he's far from a bad person. So you guys need to get your heads out of your asses and quit judging other people before you open your mouth in front of the wrong person.

Posted by: Joe Army ()
Date: October 05, 2011 07:28AM

Dave N Wrote:
>
> Finally, for those who have gun charges, think
> about it...they are already used to having and/or
> using a weapon...who better?

If you can't follow rules as a civ, you're likely not going to do so in the military. No, not getting in.

We're at the point where certain MOSs (jobs) can't reup, and prior service can't get back in. It's a draw down like the 90's and you simply are not qualified to enlist with e felony. Period.

Go to community college or learn a skill.

Posted by: Rachel ()
Date: October 18, 2011 04:56PM

My husband has a felony dui. He has 3 dui's and one of them is a felony. He has his bachelors degree in psychology ( can't do anything with just a bachelors in psychology). He is still in school but would like to join the military. We heard the only branch that would even consider him is the army. Is this true? His conviction date was a little more than 5 years ago and he had his civil liberties restored. I was just curious if anyone can tell me if he still has a chance? Please respond to the email address posted. Thank You

Date: October 19, 2011 10:26AM

Rachel Wrote:
> My husband has a felony dui. He has 3 dui's and
> one of them is a felony. He has his bachelors
> degree in psychology ( can't do anything with just
> a bachelors in psychology). He is still in school
> but would like to join the military. We heard the
> only branch that would even consider him is the
> army. Is this true? His conviction date was a
> little more than 5 years ago and he had his civil
> liberties restored. I was just curious if anyone
> can tell me if he still has a chance? Please
> respond to the email address posted. Thank You

Rachel, I am almost positive that your husband can't join with 3 DUIs. MEPS (military entrance processing station), which processes all branches of the military, isn't handing out any waivers for anything medical or criminal related. It's not a matter of the Army being the only branch to take people with felonies. The military as a whole is already 140% overloaded, shit DEP Air Force swearing in today won't go to basic until 2014! One DUI wouldn't be a problem he just couldn't get a top secret clearance, but 3 DUIs will be looked at as repeated alcohol abuse which the military is getting stricter about. However, to put your mind at ease you could always talk to a recruiter just call them beforehand.

Date: October 19, 2011 10:34AM

Michele Wrote:
> All you ass holes who keep judging people that got
> in trouble seriously should go to hell. You aren't
> perfect so quit acting like you are! I know a boy
> who did great in school, was the star on the
> football team, and very good at baseball and
> basketball. He got more awards in high school than
> you probably ever got in your life. But he did get
> into trouble after high school. He was hanging
> around the wrong people who brought him down. To
> make a long story short, he was convicted of a
> felony and and served his time in jail. He now has
> a job and is doing very well. Maybe he'll try to
> go into the military one day, maybe he won't. But
> either way he's far from a bad person. So you guys
> need to get your heads out of your asses and quit
> judging other people before you open your mouth in
> front of the wrong person.

Oh please! Sucks for your friend but seriously it was his own decision and lack of responsibility that got him into that mess! If he were serious about his future than he wouldn't hang around with the wrong crowd after high school. It would be different if he had a less than perfect friend he kept in contact with and hung around but don't pull the "he didn't know any better," or "it wasn't his fault card." As far as joining the military, I seriously hope not! I don't want to serve with some thug stealing all of my platoon's shit! I couldn't be more happier that the military isn't granting any waivers for convicted felons who are trying to join, that means the class of recruits will be a little more level headed. It's the military not last chance resort!

Date: October 20, 2011 01:43PM

I HAVE A FELONY & I ALSO HAVE A FAMILY NOW!!! I'VE ALWAYS WANTED 2 JOIN THE ARMY!! IF THERE IS ANY INFO U CAN HELP ME WITH, PLEASE DO!!!! YOU CAN E-MAIL ME ANY TIME!! phenix2136@yahoo.com

Date: October 20, 2011 02:16PM

PHENIX PHITZGERALD Wrote:
> I HAVE A FELONY & I ALSO HAVE A FAMILY NOW!!! I'VE
> ALWAYS WANTED 2 JOIN THE ARMY!! IF THERE IS ANY
> INFO U CAN HELP ME WITH, PLEASE DO!!!! YOU CAN
> E-MAIL ME ANY TIME!! phenix2136@yahoo.com

No one call tell you here for certain whether or not you can enlist. That all depends on which MOS you choose, the circumstances regarding your felony, and whether or not you will need a waiver to join. My advice is to call a recruiter in your area who will know for sure or at the very least register at goarmy.com and ask one of the more experienced NCOs on the message board. Good luck with your future and thank you for considering the US Army.

Posted by: Sgt. Applebee ()
Date: October 20, 2011 11:34PM

Good luck with your future and thank you for considering the US Army

Posted by: JOE675 ()
Date: November 03, 2011 09:01PM

I TRIED JOINING THE MARINES & THE ARMY WITH A FELONY. I DIDN'T DO TIME IN PRISON BUT I GOT 1 YEAR PROBATION WITH A DISMISSAL AFTER 1 YEAR. (BIG FUCKING DEAL RIGHT) IT WAS FROM A FIGHT.

SO I VOLUNTEER, A WHITE MALE, FROM NEW YORK CITY, AND THEY HAVE THIS GAYS AND MINORITIES CAMPAIGN BUT CAN'T TAKE A GUY THAT HAS A SOLID BACKGROUND AND COMES FROM A MILITARY FAMILY BECAUSE OF A FIGHT. I DONT CARE HOW TOUGH THEY THINK THE MARINES ARE THEY ARE NOT THE SAME AS THEY USED TO BE.

THIS POLITICAL CORRECT CRAP IS DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY AND THIS COMMIE PRESIDENT OBAMA WHO IS THE COMMANDER AND CHIEF OF THE DESTRUCTION OF AMERICA. HE IS THE COMMANDER AND HATES HIS OWN MILITARY FUNNY RIGHT. WANTS TO DO NOTHING BUT PROMOTE WOMEN AND MINORITIES AND GAYS INTO THE MARINES AND ARMY AND NAVY, SICK OF THIS COUNTRY. I SAY FUCK THEM.

Posted by: Clifton Korpi ()
Date: November 23, 2011 09:29PM

I think this is bullshit that you can not join with a felony record.. I got 2 felonys when I was 15 yrs old and now I can not even serve my country, I am 23 now. I want to join to become a man that can be proud of himself and has something to stand for. I'm sick of looking out for only myself. I guess the only hope is that a major war breaks out. Then they will start accepting felons again.

Posted by: how ()
Date: November 23, 2011 09:39PM

Clifton Korpi Wrote:
> I think this is bullshit that you can not join
> with a felony record.. I got 2 felonys when I was
> 15 yrs old and now I can not even serve my
> country, I am 23 now. I want to join to become a
> man that can be proud of himself and has something
> to stand for. I'm sick of looking out for only
> myself. I guess the only hope is that a major war
> breaks out. Then they will start accepting felons
> again.

How did you get 2 felonies at that age?

The simple fact is it is a numbers game with the draw downs theres less spots and enough people who want to join who have no record. They will always get priority over someone who would need a waiver

Date: November 24, 2011 12:06PM

Clifton Korpi Wrote:
> I think this is bullshit that you can not join
> with a felony record.. I got 2 felonys when I was
> 15 yrs old and now I can not even serve my
> country, I am 23 now. I want to join to become a
> man that can be proud of himself and has something
> to stand for. I'm sick of looking out for only
> myself. I guess the only hope is that a major war
> breaks out. Then they will start accepting felons
> again.

They let some real dirt bags in the Army with criminal backgrounds. I am not saying this to be mean but it is the truth. Once MEPS stopped giving out waivers for felonies, the crime rate in the Army dropped. There isn't any reason why someone who is educated with a clean record should worry about their footlocker getting broken into by some felon who got in because it was their "last resort." The Army has a better class of recruits now and is tired of being associated as a last resort for screw ups and criminals. Members only now

Posted by: kimmmmmm ()
Date: November 25, 2011 03:40PM

I am 17 with a GED and 15 college credit hours. I have a class C misdeamenor charge for petty theft. Its the only thing on my record. Can I still join the Army??

Re: Join the Army with a
Posted by: william ()
Date: December 06, 2011 09:40AM

Hi im 25 i have a mariguana misdemenor and reckless drivin from years ago no felonies i have ged can i join àrmy please real input

Posted by: Remorseless ()
Date: December 06, 2011 11:11AM

Military=low-iq cannon-fodder. No qualifications necessary. The vietnam war us contingent was made up of alot of guys who chose the military over jail, enough said.

Posted by: Francis ()
Date: December 06, 2011 11:14AM

Date: December 06, 2011 11:15AM

Actually, from what I have heard, the military is getting relatively selective on who they recruit and accept. They are looking at ASVAB scores closer and previous history as well.

The reasoning for this is the economy. With lots of applicants, they can afford to be a bit more picky than earlier. Apparently the Navy and the Air Force are seeing the heaviest influx of applicants as those two services are seen as the "safest" (i.e., least likely to land in Anbar province right out of boot camp).

-----------------------------------------------

"...your suffering will be legendary even in Hell!"

Posted by: fang ()
Date: December 06, 2011 11:24AM

I was convicted of felony eating someone. can i has army?

Posted by: tapmip ()
Date: January 02, 2012 05:02PM

YES!!!! about time someones not afraid to speak up against these "perfect" people who live in the same f-ing world we do but think anyone with ANYTHING on there record means they MUST be a scumbag!!! WOW!! you no who u people are and your no better then ANYBODY, defntly when thats ur thought pros!! good luck to u and ur perfect world.

Posted by: random person ()
Date: January 05, 2012 06:29PM

ya that sounds pretty ignorant i happen to have a felony and it doesnt automatically make someone a low life criminal. you would be surprised how many felons would be more capable of protecting this country than some of the creeps who dont have a criminal record because they havent got caught.

Posted by: We want you for a new recruit ()
Date: January 05, 2012 07:40PM

Sale of controlled sustance Back in 1993
Posted by: David Rosario ()
Date: January 09, 2012 05:14PM

LOOK I WANT TO JOINT THE US ARMY! !!!! OKAY ..... DAMN I WAS A YOUNG KID,IGNORANT!

Posted by: donyae mcrae ()
Date: January 12, 2012 10:05AM

I have a couple of possession with the intent to sell and a couple more drug charges im not pleased with is there anyway i still can join the forces

Posted by: sergeant slaughter is HERE ()
Date: January 12, 2012 12:48PM

We will take your illiterate, under-schooled, low-iq, bottom scrappers. Felons, convicts and all. No requirement needed other than being able to be brain washed and to follow orders.

Date: January 12, 2012 01:01PM

FINAL ANSWER TO THIS THREAD:

You can get a waiver for damn near everything in the military. It depends on their enlistment requirements, your skills and aptitude, etc. If you have a felony and the Army is under their recruiting quota, they may be able to get you an exemption. There is no "yes/no" answer to this question.

The only way you're going to get an accurate answer is by talking to a recruiter because waivers are handled on a case-by-case basis.

Good luck.

Posted by: military is for cannon fodder ()
Date: January 12, 2012 01:15PM

If you are from a poor family and have been brain washed into the "fight for your country" bs than you are expendable and will not be missed should you be KIA. Educated and wealthy people dont' serve but they benefit the most in war time. So be all you can be with that in the mind, "in the army".

Communism individuals sacrifice for the state, capitalism is every man for himself. Not a sermon, just a thought.

Date: January 12, 2012 01:33PM

military is for cannon fodder Wrote:
> If you are from a poor family and have been brain
> washed into the "fight for your country" bs than
> you are expendable and will not be missed should
> you be KIA. Educated and wealthy people dont'
> serve but they benefit the most in war time. So
> be all you can be with that in the mind, "in the
> army".
>
> Communism individuals sacrifice for the state,
> capitalism is every man for himself. Not a sermon,
> just a thought.

It's also the only chance some people have to escape crippling poverty and learn a skill they can use to make a better future for themselves. When I went to basic, there was one guy who showed up with three suitcases, two duffle bags, and a guitar. The DI's ripped into him, asking him if he thought he was packing to go on vacation, etc. Standard first-night basic training stuff.

Turns out, that was everything the guy owned. He'd lost his wife, home, and job in an astounding streak of bad luck, and this was his best chance to start over and avoid being homeless.

Date: January 12, 2012 01:42PM

military is for cannon fodder Wrote:
> If you are from a poor family and have been brain
> washed into the "fight for your country" bs than
> you are expendable and will not be missed should
> you be KIA. Educated and wealthy people dont'
> serve but they benefit the most in war time. So
> be all you can be with that in the mind, "in the
> army".
>
> Communism individuals sacrifice for the state,
> capitalism is every man for himself. Not a sermon,
> just a thought.

Sounds like some kid picked up some anarchist zines and is now practicing cargo-cult communism.

Keep that bullshit in the Occupy camps, okay?

Posted by: AAG ()
Date: January 31, 2012 01:26AM

I got a Misdemeanor DUI in 08' and a Felony possession of a firearm w/out permit to carry in 09'. And I got tattoos on my neck, hands and forearms. Any chance for me?
I got these charges in California.
I heard in Texas and Arizona you don't need a permit to carry? Maybe I should of been in possession over there. Go figure. Another one getting played by the justice system.
Oh and NJ is trying to ban Ammunition people.... Wake up and smell the coffee. Too bad i lost my rights.

Posted by: Chazz ()
Date: February 03, 2012 07:43PM

I joined with a waiver for 2nd degree burglary. I served my country proudly and with honor. My career was cut short by a rocket attack. I own a home, vote, volunteer for the DAV. And I'm much better man than I was before I joined. I'm 70% disabled, Every step I take with out braces hurts. I miss the Inf life(not Sand Hill) though sometimes. But I dont regret a damn thing about joining

Back on subject a little. If it were 2003-06 I'd say yes you can join with a felony. They waived up to 4 felonies then. I went through infantry school with a fella from S. Carolina who was convicted of Grand theft auto. There was another from witha 2nd degeree burglary that might make a good emat shield. The S.C. man was the hardest working joe in our platoon. He didnt hide the fact (un like my self) that he was a felon either. He was very happy to have the chance to right his wrong the best he could. I respected that.

So you jackasses that can't answer any questions. But can give your narrow assed pea brained opinions can stow that sh!t and shut your man pleasers.
I think the military is a hell of lot better for non violent/sex/drug offenders to "reform" than us paying for them to sit on their ass in prison learning to ba better criminal. If a man wants to pay his debt through miltary service and can pass the tests and interviews. Then let him. He'll learn discipline,respect,sefless service, and a lot more. If you havent noticed our DOC doesnt have a damn clue how to rehabilitate.

That being said the way economy is so bad now. The recruiting standards are at a Harvard graduate/Perfect health level. I honestly cant see them allowing felons again until we get into anther big mess. Keep your heads up. Work on getting your life together in other ways join a volunteer group, Serve your community/country in other ways, Get an education and dont ever give up. All of this will help when you try to expunge your record. Good luck and keep looking forward to the proud day you earn your rights back.

Posted by: derek ()
Date: March 17, 2012 07:55PM

haha, felonies...i have 26 of them,,,dont you think that if by any chance tha i could repay my country for the things i have done is to protect the very thing i violated...you guys get you head right man...just cause we have felonies doesnt mean we are bad ppl!

Posted by: John Marzette ()
Date: April 26, 2012 01:43PM

I am prior service(ARMY RESERVES 1984-1992) Honopablly Discharged... 14 yaers ago I was arrested and pled guilty to the charge of "delivery of an controlled substance" I received a sentence of (2) years probation and no jail time, this was my first offence.. Since my arrest I have been trouble free. On the morning of the 911 attacks I was walking security at the domestic check point at Hartsfield International Airport In Atlanta Georgia. Every since that following year I have been trying to this day to re-enlist in the Army, that I may offer my service to my county, considering that it paid millions of dollars to train me and others like me. However time and time again I was denied re-enlistment do to my criminal conviction. Pray tell me when well we as a people get out of that once a thief, always a thief way of thinking... We all make nistakes. I my case I won't say mistake but a matter of bad choices. I made a bad choice, I done the time sentenced to me and I am sorry for my crime. Why continue to hold it over my head as if you "the parties in question" have never me mistakes or bad choices. Hell for all I know you may still be doing it, just haven't got cault.

Posted by: Ur conscious ()
Date: May 27, 2012 12:22PM

You're a true pos, native! A kid can't make a mistake anymore nowadays without paying for it the rest of their life! If a felon wants to risk their life for yours... What's that make you?? Truly fucked! You sound like the pussy on the sidelines trying to do God's job n judge people you don't even know! People like you piss me off! Do you know how many people actually take charges for things they never did?? It's called being young and dumb! I wish I could go defend my country! But I happen to be one of those young n dumb people that had no clue what the impact was on life when you catch a felony till it was too late! If I would've known then I would've been the bird singing a real pretty song to save my future! You're jus plain ignorant and wish you had people like me out there risking our lives for you! Have a great day native! Don't be so quick to judge people you don't even know jus cause they have a felony.

Posted by: FUCK ME SIDE WAYS ()
Date: July 23, 2012 11:33PM

xxx

Posted by: you dont need to know my name ()
Date: July 28, 2012 11:54PM

if you want to join the revolution email me at { rev.eubanks@aol.com }

Posted by: haddassa ()
Date: August 11, 2012 12:17PM

That is true its the soldier who makes this countrys dream of freedom come true

Posted by: WILLIE REID ()
Date: August 27, 2012 01:51PM

I WOULD LIKE TO JOIN THE ARMY IM 34 WITH A FELONY I JUST REALLY WANT TO TURN MY LIFE AROUND FOR THE GOOD AND GIVE BACK TO MY COUNTRY

Posted by: WILLIE REID ()
Date: August 27, 2012 01:53PM

SO IM REALLY HOPING THE ARMY WILL CONSIDER ME FOR JOINING SO I CAN BE AMONG POSITIVE PEERS & SOLIDERS

Posted by: TheNorthman ()
Date: August 28, 2012 02:12AM

un-lock-e

I have you now.

Posted by: TheNorthman ()
Date: August 28, 2012 08:14AM

I have you now.

Posted by: Innocent fellon ()
Date: September 17, 2012 11:40PM

Fick u bitch who r u to say something like that we all fuck up at least there are felons that want to change there lives instead of fucking up again u should support that that's what's wrong with the fucking people in our country now go choke on a dick bitch

Posted by: Angelapoole ()
Date: September 24, 2012 12:56PM

it's depending on what type of felony....they seem to give a felony for just about everything now!!

Posted by: hedrkules ()
Date: October 09, 2012 12:14PM

im a felon trying to change my life nd if joinin da militery is one way of doin it then let felons do it we not all bad just made bad dissions

Posted by: GABRIEL MELENDEZ ()
Date: December 18, 2012 02:49PM

Can I join the national gard with my bad record. Like I don't have no driver license, cause I old. 2 many fines, a police alloted, and others. Can I join

Date: December 18, 2012 02:53PM

GABRIEL MELENDEZ Wrote:
> Can I join the national gard with my bad record.
> Like I don't have no driver license, cause I old.
> 2 many fines, a police alloted, and others.
> Can I join

LMAO Just how old are you??

Posted by: Juan Baza ()
Date: January 12, 2013 06:31AM

If i was in jail for "THEFT" can i still join the army???? There arent really good jobs here in La Joya,Misson or Mcallen and am already a dad what could the army do to really help me be someone in life? Could i still leave the state if i get into a program for "PROBATION"?

Posted by: 11BangBang ()
Date: January 12, 2013 07:17AM

Very few waivers are given now that there's a drawdown. If they do let you in, you are infantry, period. You will be given a rifle, taught how to use it, and shipped as close to the suck as possible. If that's ok with you, call your local recruiter. If you thought the Army was going to turn you into somebody other than a killer, you're mistaken. See you in the sandbox.

Posted by: 11banger ()
Date: February 20, 2013 02:30AM

Nothing wrong with being an eleven banger.. Sure as hell isnt wrong with putting your boots on the ground, and I would not change my time in the suck in the sand box for anything... But..

Those with felonies, I have just a few words to say. I have a kid brother in the same situation. He called me asking about his chances of enlistment w felony for drug possession, assault, a dui and a few other drug related arrests. The sad part is, he is a great person, has a heart of gold just got caught up with wrong crowd and spent too much time in that "suck". At that point I could hear it in his voice, the pain, the fear for he has aleays been judged by these things and wanted his ticket to a new chance. The military right now isnt a plausable chance, but an education is. You can all go out and become engineers, lawyers, business owners etc dont let the fact that you cannot enlist hold you back in other aspects of life. I served for that reason..so that those I loved wouldnt have to (other reasons too of course) so nod your head, smile, and go talk with a FINANCIAL ADVISOR at a nearby school and straighten your shit up.

Ps... Its a shame you will not eat the odd colored eggs

Posted by: Daniel ()
Date: February 24, 2013 12:13AM

In Currentley 18 and when i was 16 i made the mistake of getting a grand theft auto felony in my juvenile record, ive changed my life completly and i was wondering if i can join the marines with this on my record?

Pages: Previous123AllNext
Current Page: 2 of 3

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.