HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
So it is true Chinese restaurants
Posted by: Me Hung Lo ()
Date: October 02, 2012 05:57PM

Customers at the Red Flower Chinese Restaurant in Williamsburg, Ky., alerted authorities after they spotted something they probably wish they hadn't: restaurant employees wheeling roadkill back to the kitchen. Local CBS affiliate WYMT interviewed the witnesses. The roadkill was apparently a deer stuffed into a trash can. "There was actually a blood trail they were mopping up behind the garbage can," customer Katie Hopkins said. "There was like a tail, and like a foot and a leg sticking out of the garbage can, and they wheeled it straight back into the kitchen."

Local health inspector Paul Lawson was called in to investigate. Lawson said the restaurant owners told him they didn't know they were doing anything wrong. "They said they didn't know they weren't allowed to do that. So that makes me concerned that maybe they could have before. They didn't admit to doing it before." The owner said he didn't plan to serve the deer to customers—instead he planned to use it to feed his family.

The restaurant has been temporarily shut down but will be eligible to reopen as soon as it passes another health inspection and proves it has been washed and sanitized.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: So it is true Chinese restaurants
Posted by: BEH ()
Date: October 03, 2012 07:44AM

I've heard of this before.

But how about those who don't get caught?

I love chinese food, but I wonder how many dogs , cats, horses, deer, possum and unwanted female chinese babies I've unknowingly consumed over the years?

Posted by: Mi wack wong ()
Date: October 03, 2012 07:50AM

One only needs look at the restaurant inspection reports to see just how nasty things are out there

Posted by: Hay Zeus ()
Date: October 03, 2012 07:58AM

Somehow i doubt this bothered the good people of the Commonwealth of Kentucky

Posted by: Dr. Venkman ()
Date: October 03, 2012 08:12AM

I'm 48 years old, eat out a couple of times a week my whole life at all kinds of restaurants. I've traveled all over the planet.

I've gotten food poisoning once in my life. The real stuff - shit running down your leg because you can't make it to the bathroom, vomiting so hard you almost pass out, fever, etc.

Did I get food poisoning from a street vendor in Thailand? No. Did I get food poisoning from a back alley restaurant in Havana? No. Where did I get it.... at a Hyatt resort in Hawaii.

Unless a restarant is so bad that the health inspector shuts it down, I wouldn't worry too much about what's happening in the kitchen. The kitchen in your very own home probably wouldn't pass an official health inspection.

Posted by: Hillibilly Jim ()
Date: October 03, 2012 08:14AM

Hay Zeus Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Somehow i doubt this bothered the good people of
> the Commonwealth of Kentucky

I disagree, they hate competition for the roadkill.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.