HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Arlington :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Snow-plow driver purposefully drives opposite direction Military road in Arlington endangering lives of those involved. Video of incident inuded
Posted by: You will never believe this! ()
Date: March 18, 2014 02:43PM

http://wtop.com/?nid=893&sid=3584606

Arlington driver removed from duty for plowing in wrong direction

Monday - 3/17/2014, 2:20pm  ET

An Arlington County snow plow is seen travelling the wrong direction on Military Road Monday morning. (Courtesy Jason Berry)
WASHINGTON - Arlington County says it has removed a snow plow driver from duty after a motorist reported seeing the driver travel the wrong direction on Military Road Monday morning.

The motorist took video, shared with WTOP, showing the plow traveling the wrong direction on a two-lane road as a car approaches from the opposite direction

The driver who took the video says he had turned around and followed the plow after it nearly struck his own car.

The head of Arlington County's Department of Environmental Services says the plow driver's behavior was "completely unacceptable" and violates the county's training practices.

"As soon as the county learned of the unacceptable behavior, we identified the driver and removed him from duty. We will be taking appropriate action with this employee. Safety is a priority for the county, and we encourage any driver issues or concerns to be reported to the police," Dave Hundelt says in a statement to WTOP.

Heavy snowfall left roads covered early Monday morning. Area schools and federal offices were closed leaving traffic light on area roads.

Crews spent the morning clear snow and slush from the roads as the snow tapered off.

Jason Berry, who shot the video, says he was travelling home about 7:30 a.m. Monday when he came over the top of a hill and had to veer out of his lane to avoid colliding with the plow truck. He temporarily lost control of his Volkswagon, Berry tells WTOP.

Berry says he turned around and began following the plow and saw the plow force another car out of its lane.

"He could have easily killed somebody. There's no excuse for that," Berry says.

Watch Berry's video below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcJNt0CQS94

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Snow-plow driver purposefully drives opposite direction Military road in Arlington endangering lives of those involved. Video of incident inuded
Posted by: Roger ()
Date: March 18, 2014 05:13PM

Berry too could have easily killed somebody, and there's no excuse for that. This guy put people at risk trying to be a little county hero. Proper course of action would have been to call ACPD non-emergency line and let them handle it. Berry appears to be a publicity whore.

Re: Snow-plow driver purposefully drives opposite direction Military road in Arlington endangering lives of those involved. Video of incident inuded
Posted by: Chris J ()
Date: March 18, 2014 08:22PM

Yep. He's a very well-known publicity whore and world class drama queen.

Posted by: U. Can Call Me Melinda ()
Date: March 19, 2014 05:27PM

You will never believe this! Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

{SNIP, SNIP of article describing the BRAVE and SELFLESS actions of Jason Berry}

Jason,

If I can call you that?!?!? (Wink, wink. Nudge, nudge. Mums the word!!)

Hoping its you, and that you're not one of those write 'em, read 'em, quote 'em, forget 'em type of contributors, I want to repeat my effort to reach out!!??!! (Hoping also yoiu aren't one of thos find 'em, feel 'em, eff 'em, and forget 'em type of guys!!! LOLZ 4F, like someone's draft status might have been back in the Veitnam days. ROTFL!!!!!)

Are you ignoring me? Or are you just playing hard to get??? I wrote you - or what I think was also you - already, in two other threads-

http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/2/1484147/page-2.html
http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/2/1486450.html

But you haven't replied. Whaa ... (LOLZ)

If this is indeed yoiu Jason, please say so. Not that I'm chasin' ... Jason ... (I'm a poet, and I know it. Let me be your MUSE, Jason!!)

I'd like to call you up, and we can discuss how NoVA people are bu77holes, except for you and me. Of course!!

As I already said, I am attracted to dominant, manly men. I need me a man who knows how to correct a naughty girls infracttions. If we're together, and I should happen to really need some discipline, I won't call the cops screaming about an assualt. Or anything like that. (But remember, you've got to promise to honor my "SAFE WORD" which is ARDINGER.). Or all bets are off!!!

That insane DUMP TRUCK driver (not an ordinary plow truck, THIS WAS A HUOMONGOUS DUMP TRUCK) was OUT OF CONTROL and a MENACE TOO SOCIETY!!!! One of the cars I personally saw him run off the road (WHILE THAT DUMPTRUCK DRIVER WAS LAUGHING) was a 4-wheel drive vehicle bringing NURSES to the hospital for their shift! I was so mad!!! I'm for one glad you called the cops on him!!! It's TOO BAD the cops didn't arrest that MANIAC before he ran that stop sign.

Don't forget, I really, really, really (realy times a thousand LOLZ) like your cottage. Imagine a wife and kids and a dog named Spot in your front yard after we build a white picket fence!!! It'll be NIRRVANNA and SHANGRAI-LAI all in one (LOLZ)!!! If you're not interested in women, I'll understand. But we could discuss your having male friends for discrete rondayvooze. (BUT NO FEMALES. LOLZ) Please let me join you and your life at 3206 Twenty-Third Street in North Arlington.

And let let me know if it is indeed you. I aim to snag me my very own Jason!

XXX+++XXX

Melinda A.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.