HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Alexandria :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Too Stupid for Words: Grace Episcopal Plans Party Amidst Pandemic
Posted by: Eric..Bonetti ()
Date: July 30, 2021 12:06PM

https://www.gracealexwatch.org/2021/07/30/too-stupid-for-words-grace-episcopal-alexandria-plans-party-weekend-amidst-pandemic-surge/

The Delta variant is fast getting a toehold in Northern Virginia, with new cases of COVID-19 skyrocketing in Alexandria. Just yesterday, there were 1,101 new cases in the city, versus a seven-day average of 808 cases. Further, the CDC has announced that the Delta variant is highly transmissible and causes more serious symptoms.

You’d think this would be enough to make reasonable people decide this is the time to revert to strictly online services, wouldn’t you?

But not Grace Church.

Not only does the church continue to hold in-person services, but it is going forward with plans to hold the annual Shrine Mont parish retreat weekend. Held at the mountain resort of Shrine Mont, which serves as the Cathedral Diocesan for DioVA, the weekend typically involves lots of people, in close quarters drinking themselves silly.

On top of that, the average age are Grace is probably 60+, with relatively few parishioners under that age. Between that and preexisting conditions including diabetes, asthma, obesity and alcoholism, having an event like this in the midst of a pandemic is outrageously stupid. As in too dumb for words.

Grace Episcopal Alexandria surely is a shit show.
Attachments:
D763F22A-B161-4BB4-ACED-628BD9EF6D17.jpeg
A3CE8DA9-CEFC-4FBF-BC26-1BA9A12F7BD0.jpeg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Too Stupid for Words: Grace Episcopal Plans Party Amidst Pandemic
Posted by: I can’t put my finger on it ()
Date: July 30, 2021 12:31PM

I had the strangest sense of deja vu when reading the post. It was almost like I had read this EXACT SAME thing before. Like someone had just reposted the same thing from yesterday. I know that can’t be the case though because the OTHER Shrine Mont post is getting plenty of traction and interest so there would be no sane and rational reason to just repost the same thing over again, would there?

Posted by: Special kind of crazy ()
Date: August 01, 2021 09:16AM

“Too stupid for words”, yet posts paragraph after paragraph about it.

Posted by: You can see it in his eyes ()
Date: August 01, 2021 11:29AM

Bonetti is obviously butt-hurt about not being invited to the party. It must really piss him off that so many people will be laughing, having fun, and not giving a fuck about him or his insanity. I bet he goes anyway and just presses his nose up against the window from the outside, watching everyone have a blast without him and licking the window glass.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.