HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Southern Fairfax General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Prince William Remodeling- FREE ESTIMATE!
Posted by: RML ()
Date: August 14, 2012 09:36AM

Home Remodeling Company-

Kitchens
Baths
Basements
Screened-in-porches
Hardscaping- driveways, walkways, retaining walls, patios, flowerbeds
Roofs
Siding
Windows/doors

Great references, insured and licensed!

Architect provided to draw all plans and designs

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Prince William Remodeling- FREE ESTIMATE!
Posted by: BEH ()
Date: April 14, 2013 06:45AM

review from Yelp:

There were so many problems with getting the work completed as well as the damage to the house. The office is horrible and mixes up customers as well as improperly schedules their workers. Sometimes they are not told of when the appointments are. The designers don't know what products they carry and therefore offer you pieces that they don't carry. Often we had to call them because they would not call us or call us back when they said they would.

They also would not give us an itemized bill at the end of our work.

Overall, I was VERY happy when the work was done so that we could be done with this company. They are very disorganized among other issues. Do not use them for any home improvement work.

Date: April 14, 2013 06:47AM

another bad review:

The other reviewers are correct, stay away from this company. They built our deck and have been to the house numerous times since then to fix things that are wrong. They talk about quality work but this is not what you get.

The deck was constructed incorrectly and cut off our heat in the winter time for a week. It took us calling the home builder and the heating and air company to find the problem. The heating and air company and home builder then told Prince William how they caused the problem. So Prince William was out to the house again to fix a problem.

If you do a quality work design plan and good hands on work , you get the job done right the first time. When I asked to be paid for the week we did not have heat in the house and had to use a space heater, due to the deck being built incorrectly, they said no.

Prince Williams has built their business on top quality work but they either hire any and everyone to do the work or just plan to fix things numerous times after the project is so called finished.

Either way you can save some money, obtain better customer service and have less trips to your house for repairs and updates by picking another deck company. I just talked to an attorney and plan to follow up further with them about the bad experience we had.

Date: April 14, 2013 06:48AM

another bad experience:

I told him I had other companies coming (one was going to be there any minute) and finally he realized I actually wasn't going to purchase a deck that day and left immediately. The guy that came next was in and out in 20 minutes MAX.

Bottom line: If you don't like to sit through pushy sales presentations, call someone else.

Edited to Add: Just received another quote back from a reputable company in the area (who has much higher ratings on Yelp, by the way) and it was HALF the price of PWHI

Posted by: HUUUURRR ()
Date: April 14, 2013 04:58PM

DEEERRRR...
Attachments:
tumblr_m7p40a7fDU1ry9ixfo1_1280[1].jpg

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.