HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Bill Clinton speech
Posted by: True American ()
Date: September 11, 2012 01:28AM

Bill Clinton's speech owned the republican party. For all those republicans saying Obama didn't focus on specific issues because he hasn't done anything are dead wrong and stupid. Clinton spoke about everything Obama has improved on and will improve on. Why does Obama have to regurgitate everything Clinton said the day before? We all know Obama will win this coming November.

Under Romney the rich will get richer and the poor will get even poorer. I highly doubt the middle class will vote for Romney as his policies will only give them more grief. Keep in mind the majority of the country is middle class. Who gives a shit about the 1% as they are the 1%!!! Why go back to the same policies that got us in this recession? They only favor the rich. We need to move forward for our great country to evolve to something even greater.

True Americans for Obama 2012!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bill Clinton speech
Posted by: Partisan Morons ()
Date: September 11, 2012 02:06AM

^ One thing that I didn't miss about this forum.

Posted by: VAGINAMAN ()
Date: September 11, 2012 06:50AM

Amen, brother

Posted by: H8ter ()
Date: September 11, 2012 08:32AM

True American Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Bill Clinton's speech owned the republican party.
> For all those republicans saying Obama didn't
> focus on specific issues because he hasn't done
> anything are dead wrong and stupid. Clinton spoke
> about everything Obama has improved on and will
> improve on. Why does Obama have to regurgitate
> everything Clinton said the day before? We all
> know Obama will win this coming November.
>
> Under Romney the rich will get richer and the poor
> will get even poorer. I highly doubt the middle
> class will vote for Romney as his policies will
> only give them more grief. Keep in mind the
> majority of the country is middle class. Who gives
> a shit about the 1% as they are the 1%!!! Why go
> back to the same policies that got us in this
> recession? They only favor the rich. We need to
> move forward for our great country to evolve to
> something even greater.
>
> True Americans for Obama 2012!!!

What a fucking douche.

Posted by: DumbassesForObama ()
Date: September 11, 2012 08:32AM

True American Wrote:
>
>

Come on Monica, get Willyboys pecker out of your mouth and grow up.

Posted by: Save your breath ()
Date: September 11, 2012 11:25AM

True American Wrote:
>
>

I agree with you, but why in the world would you waste your time posting to the knuckle drawers on this forum?

Posted by: Kilton ()
Date: September 11, 2012 11:56AM

True American Wrote:

When you're right, you're right.

Not that it's difficult to make the GOP look stupid, or anything. But Clinton's always been a superb speaker.

Posted by: Bobby Collingsworth ()
Date: September 11, 2012 12:07PM

Kilton Wrote:
> stupid, or anything. But Clinton's always been a
> superb speaker.

Actually it is sad that Willy sold himself out to this sad sad party that is so out of touch with average people in this country. BC doesn't even like Obama, get a clue. He wants Hillary to run in 2016 so he can get the chopper and the big house. He had to endorse Obama because of Hillary.

Posted by: Econ 101 ()
Date: September 11, 2012 01:00PM

True American Wrote:

Even better, Clinton's speech, unlike Ryan's, used actual facts. Clinton's best speech by far.

Loved the part where Clinton said "It's all about simple math. That's how I got the surplus. The republican numbers just don't add up and never have. They'll continue doing what they have done, cut taxes and then go on a spending spree."

Posted by: Slick Willy's back ()
Date: September 11, 2012 01:07PM

Econ 101 Wrote:
> True American Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Bill Clinton's speech owned the republican
> party.
>
> Even better, Clinton's speech, unlike Ryan's, used
> actual facts. Clinton's best speech by far.
>
> Loved the part where Clinton said "It's all about
> simple math. That's how I got the surplus. The
> republican numbers just don't add up and never
> have. They'll continue doing what they have done,
> cut taxes and then go on a spending spree."

It is always funny to hear what convicted prejurers will say. Even funnier is that some people will still believe him.

Posted by: John T. ()
Date: September 15, 2012 11:07AM

Im and sure as hell gonna vote for Obama this coming november. After doing much research Ive come to realise Romney will only be bad for America.

Posted by: 3E3E3E ()
Date: September 15, 2012 11:42AM

Another Virginia voter for Obama here!

Posted by: forum reader ()
Date: September 15, 2012 11:43AM

Bill Clinton said that no president could have done better with the economy than Obama. My question is why should anyone believe anything Bill Clinton says. After all, his law license was suspended and he was fined by the Arkansas Supreme Court on allegations of giving misleading testimony regarding his oval office affair with a young White House intern named Monica Lewinsky. Later he voluntarily resigned from the bar of the US Supreme Court when faced with similar claims. Yes, it was all about sex. However, these were things said not to his wife but under oath in testimony in a sexual harassment lawsuit brought by a woman when Clinton was Governor of Arkansas. The problem with Clinton was not the sex, it was his effort to mislead when it suited his purposes

Posted by: Nova_Native ()
Date: September 15, 2012 01:31PM

Slick Willy's back Wrote:
> Econ 101 Wrote:
> -----
> > True American Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Bill Clinton's speech owned the republican
> > party.
> >
> > Even better, Clinton's speech, unlike Ryan's,
> used
> > actual facts. Clinton's best speech by far.
> >
> > Loved the part where Clinton said "It's all
> about
> > simple math. That's how I got the surplus.
> The
> > republican numbers just don't add up and never
> > have. They'll continue doing what they have
> done,
> > cut taxes and then go on a spending spree."
>
>
> It is always funny to hear what convicted
> prejurers will say. Even funnier is that some
> people will still believe him.

What's funniest of all is a comment made by a functionally illterate Tea Bagger. You will of course explain the specifics of Mr. Clinton's conviction for "prejury".

Posted by: Ito ()
Date: September 15, 2012 01:41PM

I was surprised to read about Bill Clinton's conviction for perjury. As far as I remember he was impeached by the House, but acquitted by the Senate of both charges...

But you can re-write history to suit your facts.

/carry on.

Posted by: Memory Check ()
Date: September 15, 2012 02:02PM

Didn't Clinton have a number of years where there was a budget surplus? What happened to the surplus? I don't get it.

Date: September 15, 2012 02:31PM

I usually hate when people cut-and-paste lists like this, but it is funny to see what has come to light in the 14 years since the Clinton Impeachment.

Here is a list of some of the most vocal House Republicans calling for Clinton's head for the Lewinski Scandal and their own dalliances... My personal favorite fall from grace was Larry Craig.

Enjoy!

-------

Rep. Henry Hyde (R-Ill.), chair of the House judiciary committee and the "house manager" for the impeachment, who lied about his own four-year affair with a married woman and then when a newspaper published details in 1998 called the affair in the 40s nothing more than a "youthful indiscretion." He retired in 2007 after 17 terms in the House.

Rep. Bob Barr (R-Ga.), who was the first legislator in Congress to call for Clinton's resignation and then became one of the leaders of the impeachment movement. Barr's background, however, wasn't family values pure. He never denied committing adultery with his second wife, and later, while married to his third wife, was photographed at what passed as a charity event licking whipped cream off the breasts of two women. Barr left office in 2003, after four terms.

Rep. Helen Chenoweth (R-Idaho), who was one of the first to call for Clinton's resignation, told the Spokane Spokesman-Review that God had pardoned her sins for her six-year extra-marital affair. Chenoweth left office in January 2001 after keeping her promise not to serve more than three terms.

Fourteen term Rep. Dan Burton (R-Ind), chair of the House Government Reform and Oversight Committee, who not only had a long-time affair with a state employee but had fathered a son from that affair. His website once screamed, "Above all, Dan Burton believes the people have a right to principled leadership and that character does matter."

Sen. Larry Craig (R-Idaho), who told Tim Russert on NBC-TV's "Meet the Press" in 1999 that "The American people already know that Bill Clinton is a bad boy—a naughty boy. I’m going to speak out for the citizens of my state, who in the majority think that Bill Clinton is probably even a nasty, bad, naughty boy.” However, Craig himself was a "bad boy." In September 2007 he pleaded guilty, and then tried to withdraw his conviction on charges that he solicited a man in the Minneapolis–St. Paul airport. Several gay men later told the Idaho Statesman that Craig, who was married since 1983, had previously tried to solicit them or had sexual relations with them. Craig resigned in September 2007, and then reversed himself, staying in office through 2008. He did not run for re-election.

Rep. Newt Gingrich (R-Ga.), House speaker from 1995 to 1999, who may have had an affair while his first wife was in the hospital recovering from cancer. Gingrich later cheated on his second wife with the woman who became his third wife during the time he was pushing for Clinton's resignation.

Rep. Bob Livingston (R-La.), who was Gingrich's designated successor until he admitted his own infidelities and eventually resigned from the House.

Sen. David Vitter (R-La.), who was elected to Livingston's House seat and served three terms before being identified in a prostitution scandal in Louisiana. In 2004, he was elected to the Senate, three years before Hustler magazine linked him as a client of a prostitution service in Washington, D.C.

Rep. Don Sherwood (R-Pa), who had a five year affair with a woman 35 years his junior. She later charged that Sherwood had assaulted her several times. He eventually settled for what AP reported was about $500,000. Among those who supported Sherwood during his primary re-election were Sen. Rick Santorum (R-Pa.), one of the leaders of the conservative coalition who in November 2005 said that "Compassionate Conservatism relies on healthy families," and President George W. Bush who went to northeastern Pennsylvania to help raise funds for Sherwood. However, in the general election of November 2006, Sherwood was defeated for a fifth term.

Rep. Vito Fossella Jr. (R-N.Y.), who, as a first term congressman with a 100 percent voting approval record from the Christian Coalition, was morally outraged at Bill Clinton's personal conduct. A decade later, he was arrested for drunken driving in May 2008. Upon intense media scrutiny, he also admitted that while still married he had fathered a girl, now four years old, with an Air Force congressional liaison officer who was the woman who came to his assistance the night of his DUI arrest. After six terms, Fossella chose not to run for a seventh term.

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), who had delivered a passionate plea to the Senate on why he planned to vote to convict President Clinton, citing legal issues. However, McCain had previously acknowledged his own several extramarital affairs in the 1970s, and had accepted the blame for the deterioration of his first marriage and estrangement from his children.

Posted by: no conviction ()
Date: September 15, 2012 03:05PM

Read "forum reader"s post. Bill Clinton lost his law license as a result of lying. Perhaps he was not convicted, but there is no question that he did lie. We all know that. If he'd lie to Congress, why do you think he is not lying from the podium of the DNC? Obama is NOT following Clinton's lead. Clinton learned from losing the Congress to the Republicans. Obama did not.

Read Woodward's new book "The Price of Politics". Obama does not have a clue how to manage anything or work with people who disagree with him. The Republicans may be guilty as well--but there is no leadership from the White House-and Obama clearly dumped the agreement with Boehner. As far as lack of leadership, you need look no further than how Obama has handled this mess in the Middle East. In fact, I had thought earlier that Hillary was doing a great job. After reading about all of this, I am beginning to question her judgment, too.

Did he really think that bragging about killing Bin Laden and sending in drones that he could "make nice" with the Arab countries and all would be well? He can't even decide if Egypt is an ally or not. Now the White House is parsing words over the term "ally". What a mess. So Sad.

Re: Bill Clinton speech vs GEORGE BUSH'S CONSPICUOUS ABSENCE *LOL*
Posted by: 3rd Generation Ffx ()
Date: September 15, 2012 05:46PM

===============================================
Re: Econ 101 ()

True American Wrote:
----------------------

Econ101 Wrote:
-----------------------
Even better, Clinton's speech, unlike Ryan's, used actual facts. Clinton's best speech by far.

Loved the part where Clinton said "It's all about simple math. That's how I got the surplus. The republican numbers just don't add up and never have. They'll continue doing what they have done, cut taxes and then go on a spending spree."

=================================

I hear ya.

Bottom line: while we have seen & heard a lot from former democratic president Bill Clinton as well we should, we did not see or hear a peep from former republican president George Bush. Because the republicans are so ashamed of Bush he was not even invited to their own presidential convention *lol*. And unlike Clinton, a Bush endorsement is a liability at all levels of the election, national/state/local.

Posted by: more Clinton ()
Date: September 15, 2012 06:01PM

Remember that Clinton's "surplus" came from working with a REPUBLICAN congress. It took three times for the Republicans to present him with a welfare reform bill before he would sign it--and Obama has trashed it. (I know what he SAYS-but read it for yourself.

Obama has refused to compromise with a Republican congress (and, I agree, they don't want to work with him either). The DEM Senate has done NOTHING.

Posted by: Trashed? ()
Date: September 15, 2012 07:34PM

At the request of many Republican Governors Obama modified and compromised on how they would define who qualifies for Welfare.

We are talking about 4.4 Million people who actually qualify for welfare. That number has been fairly constant forever and anon.

Get a fucking clue and get the Tea Bagger Nutz out of your mouth.

LMFAO!

Posted by: How many ()
Date: September 15, 2012 08:46PM

How many republicans voted for clintion's budget that lead to the surplus?
As I remember vey few....could be mistaken.

Posted by: He did ()
Date: September 15, 2012 08:50PM

Pres. Obama did work with republicans
Had a deal in place with Bonner but tea baggers rejected it
Politics over country.... Such a shame

Posted by: Spell Check ()
Date: September 15, 2012 08:57PM

I think it's spelled Boehner and pronounced Boner.

He's shitfaced after 2:00 every day regardless.

With that needle dick Jew from Richmond, Eric Cantor, up your ass every day, I'd probably be a sloppy drunk too,

Posted by: Plus 1 ()
Date: September 15, 2012 09:00PM

Spell Check Wrote:

>
> With that needle dick Jew from Richmond, Eric
> Cantor, up your ass every day, I'd probably be a
> sloppy drunk too,

Good point!

Date: September 15, 2012 09:01PM

How many Wrote:
> How many republicans voted for clintion's budget
> that lead to the surplus?
> As I remember vey few....could be mistaken.

Things were partisan back in the 90s for sure, but no where near where they are these days. As an example I looked up the House vote for an 1999 Omnibus Spending Bill. This was the most partisan year during his impeachment, and yet, the votes were not totally down party lines:

Yea -
Democrats: 148
Republicans: 137

http://votesmart.org/bill/votes/8479#.UFUiQ42PXng

This is definitely not the case for just about ANY bill in congress today. (Unless its voting for National We Love Apple Pie Day or something like that.)

Posted by: Old Dude ()
Date: September 15, 2012 09:16PM

How many Wrote:
> How many republicans voted for clintion's budget
> that lead to the surplus?
> As I remember vey few....could be mistaken.

Clinton's budget didn't lead to the surplus. A huge gain in tax revenues from a booming economy and in particular a large increase in receipts due to wage growth and capital gains receipts which had little to nothing to do with Clinton per se.

Largely, he got lucky and happened to be the guy in the chair at the time. He didn't get in the way at least and helped by cutting cap gains tax rates (in cooperation with the Republican Congress) in 1997. Combined with the huge run in the stock markets and boomers entering the prime of their earning years. Capital investment more than tripled by 1998 and doubled again in 1999 with large corresponding increases in associated tax receipts. We simply were fortunate to end up with more money coming in as a result than was expected versus what we spent. Had we seen it coming and/or the market hadn't crashed, I'm sure that we would have adjusted up to spend it. lol

Details here if you're actually interested beyond politics:

http://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/files/cbofiles/ftpdocs/90xx/doc9076/05-02-taxrevenues.pdf

Posted by: Regardless ()
Date: September 15, 2012 09:29PM

Clinton's speech helped Obama in a big way and set the stage for Obama to win this election.

I don't think that would have been possible for Obama without Clinton's speech. IN fact I seriously doubted he had a chance.

Clinton hit a big home run. Motherfucker! He sticks cigars up an interns pussy in the oval office and lies about it and - WTF?! He gets off and a hall pass. Ridiculous!

Romney - well he just sucks ass. I wished and I hoped for a viable Republican alternative - but my Party just couldn't produce anyone with any credibility.

Maybe, probably, next time.

Oh Well! The Nigger gets a Hall Pass and 4 more years.

Posted by: Gunnar Deed ()
Date: September 15, 2012 10:52PM

SPEAKING OF CHILD MOLESTATION AND INCEST……………….

In November of 1984, a D.C. police officer tried to tell Fairfax County police for two months that a Springfield man was involved in child prostitution, but his call was never returned. The police denied it of course, but could not explain why the DC cop would accuse them of such a thing.

From "Out of Control: An informal History of the Fairfax County Police"

Date: September 16, 2012 01:03AM

Gunnar Deed Wrote:
> SPEAKING OF CHILD MOLESTATION AND
> INCEST……………….

First of all, Fuck you!

You really need to learn how to write properly.

The second sentence in your excerpt, "The police denied it of course, but could not explain why the DC cop would accuse them of such a thing."

I had to read the damn thing like 5 times to try to figure out WTF you are trying to say. The police denied IT?

a) They denied that the Springfield man was involved in child prostitution?
b) That the D.C. police officer tried to tell Fairfax County police?
c) That his call was never returned?
d) That it was November 1984?

And why "of course"?

"...but could not explain why the DC cop would accuse them of such a thing."

a) Accused them of denying it?
b) Child prostitution?
c) Returning his call?

From what I can tell, this is the proper way to write what you are trying to say:

---

"In November of 1984, a D.C. police officer attempted to inform the Fairfax County police that he believed a Springfield man was involved in child prostitution. Despite leaving messages for two months, his calls were never returned.

Later during court proceedings, even though Fairfax County police repeatedly denied that they had received any calls from the D.C. officer, the jury and the general public were left wondering why a police officer from Washington would accuse the county police of such a thing."

---

The drivel you write in your book is so horribly written it is almost inscrutable. You mix up thoughts, use ambiguous pronouns, bad noun-verb agreement and generally have almost no ability to tell a story.

You might have a story to tell, but you really, REALLY need an editor -- preferably someone who passed 8th grade English.

Oh yes, let me conclude by saying:

Fuck you for trying once again to sell your piece of crap on Fairfax Underground.

Posted by: Rednecked ()
Date: September 16, 2012 02:07AM

I'd like to say I was going to vote for Romney, but the guy just creeps me out. Plus he is now talking about "What his healthcare plan is." Six months ago it was "I will repeal Obamacare." Now Romney is saying he is going to keep parts and improve Obamacare. WTF???

Posted by: Pfffftttt ()
Date: September 16, 2012 02:12AM

Rednecked Wrote:
> I'd like to say I was going to vote for Romney,
> but the guy just creeps me out. Plus he is now
> talking about "What his healthcare plan is." Six
> months ago it was "I will repeal Obamacare." Now
> Romney is saying he is going to keep parts and
> improve Obamacare. WTF???

Awww STFU with this same tired shit. Everyone knows you weren't going to vote for anyone other than the chosen Muslim pot smoking dog eater again. lol

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.