HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Townie Bar?
Posted by: Elaine ()
Date: September 01, 2012 11:29PM

So my friends and I were discussing local bars and he kept using the term "Townie Bar." He was unable to explain to me what this term meant. Can one of you guys please explain to me what a Townie Bar is...and give a local example??

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Townie Bar?
Posted by: Ito ()
Date: September 01, 2012 11:50PM

As far as I have heard it, the term "Townie Bar" is usually used in college or university towns. The students go to bars that almost exclusively cater to students, while regular townsfolk go to other "non-student" bars.

An example of this would be the University of Maryland where the bars on "the route" are exclusively student patrons, while other bars further down the street cater to non-students mostly.

Posted by: Hay Zeus ()
Date: September 11, 2012 06:05PM

The Vienna Inn is probably a good as any enough example of a "townie bar".

Posted by: 113 ()
Date: September 11, 2012 09:29PM

Townie bar vs student bar is an important distinction if you are going to school way out in some little town where the townies are a bunch of inbred trash. It's also an important distinction if the students are pretentious douchebags who deserve the beatings they would get if they strayed out of "student" territory.

Anybody talking about townie vs student at a suburban campus like Mason is a tard.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.