HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Left in the dark after theft.
Posted by: Westfield Student ()
Date: May 31, 2008 09:48AM

At Westfield, members of the sports teams (particularly the varsity) are well known for vandalizing and pulling pranks in the gym locker rooms, often using deodorant, lotions, and other personal hygiene products to reek havoc. Overall, I don't mind, but sometimes they do cross the line.

Recently they've gotten into the coach's office multiple times, found the little stapled packet with all the gym lockers and names and combinations corresponding to them. At this point you could guess- they often take shirts, shorts, deodorant, and vandalize with sticky liquids or something of the sort. Of course, the coach is too dimwitted to realize that they get into his office, and his loyalty and bias towards the sports players at times is just obnoxious.

In the past three weeks, i've had at least seven classmates reporting that their shorts or shirt got stolen. Why does this matter? If you do not show up to class with your correct Westfield shirt and shorts, you do not receive any credit for the day. Each instant of the thefts has been reported, but of course the gym teachers (they are also coaches) who work in the boy's locker room (three pompous macho men with short tempers who make appropriately low wages) will not do a single thing about it, and their response is always the same: "Maybe it wasn't there when you closed it".

You mean to tell me that on all the other 74 days of gym class, i've had all my stuff inside and locked, and today I just randomly forgot? We all have four or five witnesses of us putting our clothes in the lockers, also, confirming that we did lock our clothes in.

It's quite sad when someone gets their clothes stolen, the teachers do absolutely nothing, and the student receives zero credit for multiple days, suffering from a 10% or higher loss on their gym grade (and a low gym grade? are you serious?). This happened to me last week, as my shirt got stolen, and at the same time, deodorant was spread out all over all of the lockers on my row, and it was quite obvious this was definitely one of teams' faults.

I decided I had nothing to lose, so I went up to the gym teachers (who are the coaches also) and addressed this. I told them that its QUITE possible that the players went into one of their offices, getting the locker combinations, allowing them to perform theft, but the coaches are simply oblivious, and of course they shoot down the idea as soon as I suggest it.

But then, one of them walks up to me, and as he's getting up and approaching me, his face turns into a very stern red, and his eyes firing up in a defensive pose- it was very obvious he was trying to "intimidate" me. He then says "You didn't put it in your locker last class", controlling himself (it was quite obvious he felt like saying something else, or inflicting physical force on me- that's not uncommon for this guy, trust me). I thought to myself "How could this be allowed? He's going to intimidate me? Why? What is it that I did wrong?".

Unfortunately for him, I know for a fact i'm not doing anything wrong, so I have nothing to be afraid of. I could care less if his thick head tries to "scare" me into.. what? accepting the fact that it's stolen and gone and it's entirely my fault and that myself and five others clearly remember me putting it into my locker?

This problem is bigger than shirts, and its bigger than the teachers' obliviousness to vandalism. This teacher very highly mimics the acts of corrupt police officers, such as Officer Rivieri, or this guy who I found on Digg this morning.

Also, this gives myself and others who've gotten their shirts and/or shorts stolen to include embezzlement performed by the teacher, in the possible reason for the loss of our clothes. It's quite possible that they just want to make extra money on the side ($4 for each shirt, and $5 for the shorts). Coming from Westfield, you shouldn't rule out criminal activity on either side (student or staff).

I see threads on FFU about how teachers should be paid more, and as a whole, I agree, but the reason they are NOT paid higher is because of tools like this guy, and other dense-headed gym teachers with low intelligence and pompous, violent attitudes. I stated respectfully that it's quite possible that my clothes were stolen, and I receive the "male dominant fight instinct", with the thumbs in the pockets, elbows pushed out to the side and chest puffed up, in order to intimidate the target (me, the student) with body posture, and an angry stare? This and a complete denial of anything sketchy going on? What kind of corrupt fascist state do we live in where there is NO doubt of any staffer doing anything wrong, or any team member doing anything wrong?

I can't blame the school system, because i'm sure this is present in many other public and private systems, and it's localized to these dumbass gym teachers, often pre-loaded with anger and resentment because they could not succeed the career they REALLY wanted (including failing at becoming an actual schoolteacher or professor), who are inclined to give students shit over things that happen to them (possibly because the teachers are responsible for the thefts; maybe?)...

"You were probably the big asshole in your high school, right? ..Used to pick on guys like us every day, right? Then graduation day came and we went to college and you went nowhere, and you thought, "hey, how can I still give them shit? I know, I’ll become a cop." ...So why don’t you just take this little quiet Asian guy with the Anglicized name that treats you so well and give him a couple other tickets? Better yet, just take him to jail..."

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Left in the dark after theft.
Posted by: pgens ()
Date: May 31, 2008 09:53AM

Why not call the police? If there are two or three students that have been victims that can spare the time, stop by the Westfields station and tell them you want to file a complaint.

Posted by: NewRivals? ()
Date: May 31, 2008 10:28AM

Wow, with all the attention South Lakes and Westfield have been getting, particularly on FFU and in the local news, they should become new rivals!

Posted by: soph ()
Date: May 31, 2008 12:39PM

i'm guessing it was salvano? he's not exactly the nicest guy on the planet

Posted by: reynolds ()
Date: May 31, 2008 12:42PM

soph Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i'm guessing it was salvano? he's not exactly the
> nicest guy on the planet

not exactly the smartest guy either LOL.

Posted by: Suburbanite ()
Date: May 31, 2008 01:01PM

This is definitely something that should be brought to the attention of the school security. All the high schools have an assigned police officer, talk to them. Report the theft.

As articulate as your post was, it still made me doubt your word since you didn't report it to the security department. The teacher may have thought the same thing. After all, it's not like the teachers only have 50 kids to keep track of, and as you pointed out, the coaches/teachers tend to place precedence on the team games and not the gym classes. Could be the teacher really doesn't know you from the next kid and there are plenty that pull the 'my clothes were stolen' routine when they just didn't want to dress out.

Posted by: Awakened ()
Date: June 01, 2008 05:11PM

As Suburbanite stated, the coach that you dealt with probably cannot distinguish you from any other student, and it is very probable that students try to use that as a false excuse for not participating in class, so you must make it apparent that you are not lying.

The first thing I would do is report this to your school security office. This should make your gym teachers realize that you are not just making an excuse, and that you are the legitimate victim of this crime.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2008 05:11PM by Awakened.

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: June 01, 2008 11:48PM

Its more likely that one or more kids have a master key to the locks. THe school provides the locks, yes? All you would have to do would be look on the back, get the serial # and fax master lock a paper on school letterhead saying you need new keys. School letter head and a fax machine are both available in the main office. You could also go to a hotel or UPS store, etc. to send a fax. And anyone could scan in a letter sent home from school and re-print a offical looking letter on it.

The solution is to not use the school provided locks. Bring your own.
Its the end of the school year. Do they still have PE?

Of course if the lock is completely gone, the perpetrator probably used bolt cutters, which anyone can buy at Sears.

Date: June 02, 2008 04:41PM

KeepOnTruckin Wrote:
> Its more likely that one or more kids have a
> master key to the locks. THe school provides the
> locks, yes? All you would have to do would be look
> on the back, get the serial # and fax master lock
> a paper on school letterhead saying you need new
> keys. School letter head and a fax machine are
> both available in the main office. You could also
> go to a hotel or UPS store, etc. to send a fax.
> And anyone could scan in a letter sent home from
> school and re-print a offical looking letter on
> it.
>
> The solution is to not use the school provided
> locks. Bring your own.
> Its the end of the school year. Do they still have
> PE?
>
> Of course if the lock is completely gone, the
> perpetrator probably used bolt cutters, which
> anyone can buy at Sears.

nope, it is my lock. They still have PE for two more classes (thank God)

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: June 03, 2008 12:18AM

If you brought your own lock, how did they get into your locker?

If you are dumb enough to give your combination out to half the school, then that is a different story

Date: June 03, 2008 02:37PM

KeepOnTruckin Wrote:
> If you brought your own lock, how did they get
> into your locker?
>
> If you are dumb enough to give your combination
> out to half the school, then that is a different
> story

OOOOH SORRY SORRY SORRY i meant its built into the locker, its not mine
sorry

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.