HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Paul Ryan and Ayn Rand
Posted by: Who is John Galt? ()
Date: August 18, 2012 10:21PM

If you want to understand Paul Ryan and the GOP vision for America, read John Galt's final speech from Atlas Shrugged. It is basically an unapologetic call for oligarchy with the condition that Americans hand their guns over to the 1 percent. It might not matter if it weren't for the fact Ryan has advocated Rand's views for years and is a member of the Atlas Society. And let's not even go into where Rand stands on Religion.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Paul Ryan and Ayn Rand
Posted by: J. Galt ()
Date: August 18, 2012 10:30PM

Wrong, you commie retard. It's a plea to let people profit from their own hard work rather than be dragged down by lazy dumbass leeches like you. Society benefits from the achievements of the few who are willing to work, and those few who make a contribution deserve rewards. Now run along and fetch your welfare check!

Posted by: Who Cares? ()
Date: August 18, 2012 10:45PM

The average idiotic voter barely knows how economic markets work ("I blame the President for those high gas prices!!!") and believe the bullshit both parties put out there because they have no clue.

Do you think anyone Ryan spoke to at the Iowa State Fair the other day has read Ayn Rand? Or the average Obama voter for that matter?

Posted by: Another John Galt ()
Date: August 18, 2012 11:02PM

I am willing to go on a limb and say that less than 1% of todays population even have the capacity to begin to comprehend what Ayn Rand had to say in Atlas Shrugged, much less what the founding fathers of the greatest nation of the world ever had in mind when they wrote the Bill of Rights and the Constitution.

This society is certainly doomed, thanks to the likes of the Carters, Clintons and Obamas.

Posted by: Paul Ryan ()
Date: August 19, 2012 12:46AM

Thank God she was an atheist.

Posted by: Kevin86 ()
Date: August 19, 2012 02:33AM

OP,

You misunderstand Rand and Ryan, and clearly have never bothered to read up on either.

Posted by: Who is John Galt? ()
Date: August 19, 2012 08:34AM

Cue political ad:

Paul Ryan: Ayn Rand was right.

Ayn Rand Interview Clips: Altruism, self-sacrifice and religious beliefs are evil.

Paul Ryan: Ayn Rand was right.

End of Ad.

Posted by: Honey Boo Boo lives in Georgia ()
Date: August 19, 2012 09:13AM

Posted by: Anneal ()
Date: August 19, 2012 09:38AM

All the Republicans that claim to worship Ayn Rand neglect the fact that she was an atheist and pro-choice on abortion.

Posted by: FUNdamental ()
Date: August 19, 2012 10:05AM

When Ms. Rand was older, after she spent all her money, she secretly went on welfare, and stayed om welfare until the time of her death. "Do as I say, not as I do," I guess.

Posted by: Rheal Ity ()
Date: August 19, 2012 02:38PM

FUNdamental Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> When Ms. Rand was older, after she spent all her
> money, she secretly went on welfare, and stayed om
> welfare until the time of her death. "Do as I
> say, not as I do," I guess.

Uh, not exactly...

"Between December 1974 and her death in March 1982, Rand collected a total of $11,002 in monthly Social Security payments. Her husband O’Connor received $2,943 between December 1974 and his death in November 1979."

The rationale being...

"The same moral principles and considerations apply to the issue of accepting social security, unemployment insurance or other payments of that kind. It is obvious, in such cases, that a man receives his own money which was taken from him by force, directly and specifically, without his consent, against his own choice. Those who advocated such laws are morally guilty, since they assumed the “right” to force employers and unwilling co-workers. But the victims, who opposed such laws, have a clear right to any refund of their own money—and they would not advance the cause of freedom if they left their money, unclaimed, for the benefit of the welfare-state administration."

-Ayn Rand, 1966

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.