HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Found money in Kingstowne Parking, Bank says its counterfeit!
Posted by: Am I screwed or what? ()
Date: July 23, 2012 02:49PM

I need advice and I need it quick.

Just got out of Fairfax ADC this morning, brother posted my bail on Friday night, but apparently because of paperwork or some other BS, I couldn't be released until this morning.

This all happened because on Thursday I found 3 $50 bills in the Kingstowne Center (in the garage underneath where the movie theaters are). I went to deposit the money at my bank on Friday and was told the money was counterfeit. I said, no biggie I found it and tried to leave. The BanK Manager said I had to wait for police, FBI and Secret Service and when I tried to leave the Security Guard blocked the door. About 5 minutes later, a shit load of cops with lights flashing pull up to the bank. The cops rush into the bank with guns drawn. The bank manager points at me, then a cop yells at me to get up and turns me around pushing me against the wall. I am frisked and cuffed while customers are looking at me.

I am taken to a small office at the bank. A guy in suite looks at the money, does some sort of test with dye and asks me all sorts of questions, saying he is detective bigshot (I don't remember his name). The FBI and Secret Service show up about 10 minutes later. Secret Service guy looks at the money, says something to the detectice, they laugh, and he walks over to me and says unless I can prove I did not produce the counterfeit money or tell him who did produce it, I will be arrested, charged with counterfeiting and will serve at least 10 years in a federal prison. I told him I found it in the parking lot. He says BS and after asking me the same questions a dozen times, in which I give him the same respone, he tells the Fairfax detective to book me since I am not cooperating! I was taken to Fairfax ADC and processed. Apparently, while I was there, the police, FBI and Secret Service execute a search warrant at my house and tear the place up, the house was trashed when I got home this morning and there a notice from FCPD on the door. My copmuter and iPad are missing, as is about $250 in cash I has in the house.

I am charged with manufacturing counterfeit US currency, possession of counterfeit US Currency, and passing counterfeit US currency. In addition, I am charged with obstruction of justice for impeding a federal investigation, and obstruction of justice for impeding a local investigation. I was told my trial will be a the US District Court in Alexandria.

I had a consultation with an attorney this morning and he said the best thing to do is pled no contest to the possession of counterfeit currency and he would try and get the other charges dropped. He said if that works, I would probably serve 6 months to 1 year at club fed. If they convict me of all charges, I could be looking at 10 - 15 years. I am unable to leave the country and the attorney said I should stay in the area if at possible. My girlfriend and I are supposed to fly to London on Thursday for two weeks to watch her cousin in the Olympics. I haven't told her yet. My attorney said if I attempt to leave the country, I could be detained here or when I arrive in the UK and that would make things very complicated for me.

WTF, all I did was pick up money in the parking lot and now I am going to jail. I have never been in trouble with the law before. My girlfriend is going to be so upset. I was going to propose to her in London, but now I am totally fuc&ed!!!!

Any Advice???? Anyone know who to call????

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Found money in Kingstowne Parking, Bank says its counterfeit!
Posted by: Dhad Cukes ()
Date: July 23, 2012 02:54PM

I think you're full of shit.

Posted by: Z3R0 ()
Date: July 23, 2012 02:55PM

Scott, shut up.

Posted by: dbs ()
Date: July 23, 2012 02:56PM

Here's my advice:

When making up a sob story, try and make it more realistic. Fairfax cops would not show up at a bank for a call on a counterfeiter with their guns drawn. They would have sent in the SWAT team and tossed a couple of flash-bangers into the bank, shooting at whatever moved.

Posted by: Mule Team ()
Date: July 23, 2012 03:01PM

So in other words you were acting as a mule for somebody and trying to pass counterfeit money and got caught. How much of a cut were you supposed to get?

Posted by: MadDog 2020 ()
Date: July 23, 2012 03:02PM

dbs Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Here's my advice:
>
> When making up a sob story, try and make it more
> realistic. Fairfax cops would not show up at a
> bank for a call on a counterfeiter with their guns
> drawn. They would have sent in the SWAT team and
> tossed a couple of flash-bangers into the bank,
> shooting at whatever moved.

The cops certainly wouldn't walk into the bank with their weapons holstered like their walking into Duncan Donuts. Depends on how the bank manager called it in!

Dude, if your story is real, you need to get a good lawyer fast. The feds don't mess around and yes it is illegal to even possess counterfeit money, even if you didn't know it was counterfeit. I mean who leaves $150 bucks in the parking lot anyway?

Posted by: Z3R0 ()
Date: July 23, 2012 03:05PM

Mule Team Wrote:
> So in other words you were acting as a mule for
> somebody and trying to pass counterfeit money and
> got caught. How much of a cut were you supposed
> to get?

Haha. You're fucked OP! Bad boy bad boy whatchu gonna do whatchu gonna do when they come to rape you?

Posted by: Analrapist ()
Date: July 23, 2012 03:07PM

Here's some fast advice...

You're going to jail and that's out of your control now so, you it's time to focus on what you CAN control. I recommend daily sphincter/rectum exercises and getting fitted with an anal plug with a lock on it and throwing away the key. They will come for you...it's up to you to decide now if you're going to be able to do anything about it.

Posted by: MadDog 2020 ()
Date: July 23, 2012 03:07PM

Mule Team Wrote:
> So in other words you were acting as a mule for
> somebody and trying to pass counterfeit money and
> got caught. How much of a cut were you supposed
> to get?

Mules wouldn't be stupid enough to try and pass counterfeit money in a bank. They usually do it in retail stores, Best Buy, Walmart, Target, buying high-end electronic they can easily sell later.

Posted by: fake story ()
Date: July 23, 2012 03:10PM

Story is fake. If Federal charges are being threatened, you wouldn't be in the Fairfax ADC. You'd be in the The William G. Truesdale Adult Detention Center in Alexandria.

Posted by: jigga ()
Date: July 23, 2012 03:10PM

I find it suspicious that someone would try to deposit only $150. I would just go to the bar and blow it there. I wonder how large the actual amount was that tried to be deposited.

Posted by: JBass ()
Date: July 23, 2012 03:13PM

This story sounds like complete shit..... NO way SS would let the local LEO book a counterfeit charge if they were on scene. NOT a chance. They would have been fighting over who gets to arrest you.... I dont even know if the state government has the authority to bring counterfeit charges against you, beings how the crime of counterfeit is a crime against the fed govt. to begin with.

Moreover, you would have to be functionally retarded to try and pass bills you KNOW are counterfeit off at a bank. I call complete bullshit.

On a side note, I hyave found counterfeit $20s on the floor of bars2 times in my life. Once was at Mr. Days, a single fake $20, the other time was in Norfolk, I found $60 in fake $20s.

Posted by: fraudulent intent ()
Date: July 23, 2012 03:14PM

Manufacturing counterfeit United States currency or altering genuine currency to increase its value is a violation of Title 18, Section 471 of the United States Code and is punishable by a fine or imprisonment for up to 15 years, or both.

Possession of counterfeit United States obligations with fraudulent intent is a violation of Title 18, Section 472 of the United States Code and is punishable by a fine or imprisonment for up to 15 years, or both.

Anyone who manufactures a counterfeit U.S. coin in any denomination above five cents is subject to the same penalties as all other counterfeiters. Anyone who alters a genuine coin to increase its numismatic value is in violation of Title 18, Section 331 of the United States Code, which is punishable by a fine or imprisonment for up to five years, or both.

Forging, altering, or trafficking in United States Government checks, bonds or other obligations is a violation of Title 18, Section 510 of the United States Code and is punishable by a fine or imprisonment for up to 10 years, or both.

Printed reproductions, including photographs of paper currency, checks, bonds, postage stamps, revenue stamps, and securities of the United States and foreign governments (except under the conditions previously listed) are violations of Title 18, Section 474 of the United States Code. Violations are punishable by a fine or imprisonment for up to 15 years, or both.

Date: July 23, 2012 03:30PM

I didn't know the money I found was counterfeit, I thought it was real. Looked legit to me, that's why I took it to my bank. I just got 300 out of the ATM on Thursday, so figured I would put the $150 bank in.

I don't know why they took me to Fairfax ADC. I didn't ask. I couldn't believe I was being arrested. I overheard the SS guy tell the Fairfax Det. he would have to present info to US Attorney and could they take me?

The lawyer I met with said I was looking at 10 - 15 years, so what you said above sounds right.

I certainly wish it was BS. Here I was on Thursday counting my good fortune and now here I am a couple days later totally screwed.

Date: July 23, 2012 03:33PM

Am I screwed or what? Wrote:
> I didn't know the money I found was counterfeit, I
> thought it was real. Looked legit to me, that's
> why I took it to my bank. I just got 300 out of
> the ATM on Thursday, so figured I would put the
> $150 bank in.
>
> I don't know why they took me to Fairfax ADC. I
> didn't ask. I couldn't believe I was being
> arrested. I overheard the SS guy tell the Fairfax
> Det. he would have to present info to US Attorney
> and could they take me?
>
> The lawyer I met with said I was looking at 10 -
> 15 years, so what you said above sounds right.
>
> I certainly wish it was BS. Here I was on
> Thursday counting my good fortune and now here I
> am a couple days later totally screwed.

Still not buying what your spittin. Nope. No way.

Posted by: How much for the women? ()
Date: July 23, 2012 03:34PM

I found a $50 bill in the Kingstowne Center parking lot a few weeks ago, behind Uno's. I used it to buy dinner at Macaroni Grill without any issues! Hope that one wasn't counterfeit too!

Posted by: MunchMuch ()
Date: July 23, 2012 03:36PM

> I didn't know the money I found was counterfeit, I
> thought it was real. Looked legit to me, that's
> why I took it to my bank. I just got 300 out of
> the ATM on Thursday, so figured I would put the
> $150 bank in.
>
> I don't know why they took me to Fairfax ADC. I
> didn't ask. I couldn't believe I was being
> arrested. I overheard the SS guy tell the Fairfax
> Det. he would have to present info to US Attorney
> and could they take me?
>
> The lawyer I met with said I was looking at 10 -
> 15 years, so what you said above sounds right.
>
> I certainly wish it was BS. Here I was on
> Thursday counting my good fortune and now here I
> am a couple days later totally screwed.

When your bro gives you the fake money you're supposed to take it some place and buy a soda and pocket the change, NOT take it to your bank. lmao

He should have schooled you better I guess. If you turn him, they may give you a break.

(Not that I'm buying this troll to begin with, but I'll play along while I'm munchin on a late lunch.)

Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: July 23, 2012 03:39PM

OP, youd have to be acting pretty shady to get caught up like that. i dunno if yr stupid or lying but i know in the two times Ive come across counterfeit money I knew it was fake IMMEDIATELY! would have NEVER thought to try and cash them............ Also if this story is 100%truth, why the fuck would you NOT want to speak to the cops about it so they could get yr help (i.e.when/where you found the bills, etc.) so the counterfitter could get caught? just sounds shady...............

Posted by: 8 months for KNOWINGLY distributing ()
Date: July 23, 2012 03:47PM

Released by the U.S. Attorney's Office - Eastern District of Texas:

TYLER, TX (KLTV) - A 21-year-old Tyler, Texas man has been sentenced to federal prison in the Eastern District of Texas, announced U.S. Attorney John M. Bales today.

Bryan Scott Mayfield pleaded guilty on Nov. 8, 2011 to possession of counterfeit money and was sentenced to eight months in federal prison today by U.S. District Judge Leonard E. Davis. Mayfield was also ordered to pay $1,750.00 in restitution.

According to information presented in court, on June 4, 2011, Mayfield assisted another person in passing counterfeit money at a Wal-Mart in Gilmer, Texas. Mayfield knew a cashier at the Wal-Mart and contacted her to see if she would be working on June 4, 2011. Mayfield told her that he and others were planning to use counterfeit currency and she agreed to let them make the purchase at her cash register. Mayfield was present and assisted in the purchase of a laptop computer with eight counterfeit $100 bills. A federal grand jury returned an indictment on Sep. 15, 2011, charging Mayfield with federal crimes.

This case was investigated by the U.S. Secret Service, The Tyler Police Department and the Gilmer Police Department and prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorney Jim Noble.

Posted by: you have a lawyer ()
Date: July 23, 2012 04:02PM

If I was you I would blame Bush, its worked for Obama for almost four years.

Date: July 23, 2012 04:03PM

Gordon Blvd Wrote:
> OP, youd have to be acting pretty shady to get
> caught up like that. i dunno if yr stupid or
> lying but i know in the two times Ive come across
> counterfeit money I knew it was fake IMMEDIATELY!
> would have NEVER thought to try and cash
> them............ Also if this story is
> 100%truth, why the fuck would you NOT want to
> speak to the cops about it so they could get yr
> help (i.e.when/where you found the bills, etc.)
> so the counterfitter could get caught? just
> sounds shady...............

I DID NOT KNOW THEY WERE COUNTERFEIT!!! The bills looked real to me! The SS guy said the bills looked pretty good to him, but that's why the do the test. I did cooperate with the cops and Secret Service. I told them exactly where I found it in the Kingstowne parking garage. (Along the curb, by the elevator on the 2nd level.) Even offered to go there with them and show them exactly where I was parked. The Secret Service kept saying I was BSing them and that I knew more than I was telling. After telling him the same story time and time again, he gave up!

Posted by: 2 cents ()
Date: July 23, 2012 04:07PM

That sure seems like an awful lot of firepower for some guy with a tiny amount of bad money. But if it's true, it's pretty clear that even your lawyer doesn't seem to believe you. I'm surprised he didn't advise you to contest it, especially with no criminal background - but I know nothing about the law and how the legal system actually works. I would certainly check with another lawyer before lying down for this.

Posted by: Case Number ()
Date: July 23, 2012 04:08PM

Please provide us with the list of charges and the associated case number(s).

Posted by: stephen ()
Date: July 23, 2012 04:12PM

I must of missed the part where the cops then searched his house.

Date: July 23, 2012 04:17PM

> Gordon Blvd Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > OP, youd have to be acting pretty shady to get
> > caught up like that. i dunno if yr stupid or
> > lying but i know in the two times Ive come
> across
> > counterfeit money I knew it was fake
> IMMEDIATELY!
> > would have NEVER thought to try and cash
> > them............ Also if this story is
> > 100%truth, why the fuck would you NOT want to
> > speak to the cops about it so they could get yr
> > help (i.e.when/where you found the bills,
> etc.)
> > so the counterfitter could get caught? just
> > sounds shady...............
>
> I DID NOT KNOW THEY WERE COUNTERFEIT!!! The bills
> looked real to me! The SS guy said the bills
> looked pretty good to him, but that's why the do
> the test. I did cooperate with the cops and
> Secret Service. I told them exactly where I found
> it in the Kingstowne parking garage. (Along the
> curb, by the elevator on the 2nd level.) Even
> offered to go there with them and show them
> exactly where I was parked. The Secret Service
> kept saying I was BSing them and that I knew more
> than I was telling. After telling him the same
> story time and time again, he gave up!

Its SO typical, happens all the time, shithead suburban kid goes out goes out for burger, catches a flick and decides to cap his night off with a lil conspiracy to overthrow the government.

Oh, I also forgot how common it is for local cops to press charges for federal crimes and NOt have the Feds hijack their case.

Date: July 23, 2012 04:26PM

My attorney has advised me to stop posting on this board, due to the fact this forum is monitored by the FCPD and Federal Authorities. He said if I continue to post here, I may be hurting my case.

Posted by: hmm ()
Date: July 23, 2012 04:33PM

If what you have posted is true, you will be part of weekly arrest record released by FCPD. We will check tomorrow.

http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/police/crime/arrest.txt

Posted by: advice ()
Date: July 23, 2012 04:36PM

Good idea not to post anymore. Hire a GOOD lawyer--sucks--it will be expensive.

There is NO WAY they can prove you KNOWINGLY distributed the money. The fact that you walked into a bank to deposit it--shows your innocence--what idiot would take counterfeit bills into a bank??

You won't get jail time.

There might be cameras in the parking lot--get footage before the tape is erased.

Posted by: Interesting... ()
Date: July 23, 2012 04:41PM

hmm Wrote:
> If what you have posted is true, you will be part
> of weekly arrest record released by FCPD. We will
> check tomorrow.
>
> http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/police/crime/arrest.t
> xt

That looks like the roster of a third world country.

Posted by: obama ()
Date: July 23, 2012 04:44PM

Can you print me out some 50's from this? I like to spend Gov. $.
Attachments:
obamadollar.jpg

Posted by: Welcome to NoVA! ()
Date: July 23, 2012 05:05PM

Interesting... Wrote:

>
> That looks like the roster of a third world
> country.

Effectively it is now.

Posted by: FBI Insider ()
Date: July 23, 2012 05:07PM

I can tell FBI and SECRET SERVICE don't show up for stuff like that.

story is fake !

Posted by: flight risk ()
Date: July 23, 2012 05:14PM

Fairfax Underground- where people come for life or death legal advice everyday!

I mean, it's not like there's any Legal forums on the internet!

Posted by: guy2 ()
Date: July 23, 2012 05:24PM

supposed the story about the money was true. I have no idea, but could someone explain why the Secret Service would be involved in any way?

Posted by: SSSeriously? ()
Date: July 23, 2012 05:27PM

guy2 Wrote:
> supposed the story about the money was true. I
> have no idea, but could someone explain why the
> Secret Service would be involved in any way?

Seriously? It's what they do.

http://www.secretservice.gov/history.shtml

1865 The Secret Service Division was created on July 5, 1865 in Washington, D.C., to suppress counterfeit currency. Chief William P. Wood was sworn in by Secretary of the Treasury Hugh McCulloch.

Posted by: guy2 ()
Date: July 23, 2012 06:05PM

Well, I'm an idiot then. I really had no idea.

all I know is that the time I found counterfeit money, as soon as I touched the paper I knew what it was............
Date: July 23, 2012 07:02PM

@Guy2 - yeah, you kinda are if you didnt know that. SS Girls and Boys are all over that sorta thing. FYI, they also do traffic stops in Mount Pleasant and along 16th ST sometimes so watch out LoLz

@flight risk - ROFLMAO!!! nice job :)

edit: @OP - well, you were a dumb ass for getting involved with counterfeiters and thinking you could get away with yr shit. Yr girl's gonna do so much meth and coke while you are locked away you arent even gonna recognize her when you get out................

pic unrelated

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2012 07:03PM by Gordon Blvd.
Attachments:
BRBFBI.jpg

Posted by: english ()
Date: July 23, 2012 08:04PM

its true, you will be arrested by british police and US secret service at a UK airport, they love the tech that the secret service has, and i dont really blame them, plus i think your story is a load of shit, nice try though haha.

Posted by: english ()
Date: July 23, 2012 08:06PM

Posted by: Just Asking ()
Date: July 24, 2012 06:16AM

Tip for OP - next time, don't use the cheap 80-Brightness copy paper in your color printer when counterfeiting currency.

Posted by: justsayin ()
Date: July 24, 2012 08:07AM

Sometimes they look fake but are real. Unknown if this really happened, but I can see it easily happening.

http://www.snopes.com/business/money/tacobell.asp

Date: July 24, 2012 08:15AM

@just - that is a VERY funny story, true or not :)

Posted by: _Eyedea_ ()
Date: July 24, 2012 08:27AM

`
Attachments:
1343130377720.jpg

Posted by: Priapus ()
Date: July 24, 2012 09:49AM

Strange that there isn't a report in the news about funny money in Kingstowne except someone trying to pass 4 twenties

Posted by: T ()
Date: July 24, 2012 03:38PM

"RIVERA ","RAMON "," ","038"," 326","CORNITH ","RD","PEMBROKE ","NC","01/06/2005","COUNTERFEITING

From the Arrest/Ticket search; I'm assuming this is a Fairfax County arrest.

Posted by: Problem T ()
Date: July 24, 2012 03:43PM

While I credit you for trying, the arrest you are looking at is from January 6, 2005.

We are talking about an incident that occurred on or about 7/19/2012 - 7/20/2012.

Please try again Detective T.

Posted by: Two Cents ()
Date: July 24, 2012 06:03PM

> I need advice and I need it quick.
>
> Just got out of Fairfax ADC this morning, brother
> posted my bail on Friday night, but apparently
> because of paperwork or some other BS, I couldn't
> be released until this morning.
>
> This all happened because on Thursday I found 3
> $50 bills in the Kingstowne Center (in the garage
> underneath where the movie theaters are). I went
> to deposit the money at my bank on Friday and was
> told the money was counterfeit. I said, no biggie
> I found it and tried to leave. The BanK Manager
> said I had to wait for police, FBI and Secret
> Service and when I tried to leave the Security
> Guard blocked the door. About 5 minutes later, a
> shit load of cops with lights flashing pull up to
> the bank. The cops rush into the bank with guns
> drawn. The bank manager points at me, then a cop
> yells at me to get up and turns me around pushing
> me against the wall. I am frisked and cuffed
> while customers are looking at me.
>
> I am taken to a small office at the bank. A guy
> in suite looks at the money, does some sort of
> test with dye and asks me all sorts of questions,
> saying he is detective bigshot (I don't remember
> his name). The FBI and Secret Service show up
> about 10 minutes later. Secret Service guy looks
> at the money, says something to the detectice,
> they laugh, and he walks over to me and says
> unless I can prove I did not produce the
> counterfeit money or tell him who did produce it,
> I will be arrested, charged with counterfeiting
> and will serve at least 10 years in a federal
> prison. I told him I found it in the parking lot.
> He says BS and after asking me the same questions
> a dozen times, in which I give him the same
> respone, he tells the Fairfax detective to book me
> since I am not cooperating! I was taken to
> Fairfax ADC and processed. Apparently, while I
> was there, the police, FBI and Secret Service
> execute a search warrant at my house and tear the
> place up, the house was trashed when I got home
> this morning and there a notice from FCPD on the
> door. My copmuter and iPad are missing, as is
> about $250 in cash I has in the house.
>
> I am charged with manufacturing counterfeit US
> currency, possession of counterfeit US Currency,
> and passing counterfeit US currency. In addition,
> I am charged with obstruction of justice for
> impeding a federal investigation, and obstruction
> of justice for impeding a local investigation. I
> was told my trial will be a the US District Court
> in Alexandria.
>
> I had a consultation with an attorney this morning
> and he said the best thing to do is pled no
> contest to the possession of counterfeit currency
> and he would try and get the other charges
> dropped. He said if that works, I would probably
> serve 6 months to 1 year at club fed. If they
> convict me of all charges, I could be looking at
> 10 - 15 years. I am unable to leave the country
> and the attorney said I should stay in the area if
> at possible. My girlfriend and I are supposed to
> fly to London on Thursday for two weeks to watch
> her cousin in the Olympics. I haven't told her
> yet. My attorney said if I attempt to leave the
> country, I could be detained here or when I arrive
> in the UK and that would make things very
> complicated for me.
>
> WTF, all I did was pick up money in the parking
> lot and now I am going to jail. I have never been
> in trouble with the law before. My girlfriend is
> going to be so upset. I was going to propose to
> her in London, but now I am totally fuc&ed!!!!
>
> Any Advice???? Anyone know who to call????

Wow, great story! Sounds like something that local author would love to steal and add to his books. Sounds like complete horseshit to me, but if its true get a better lawyer!

Posted by: Ivy Bigbee ()
Date: July 24, 2012 08:57PM

If this story is true get a really good lawyer!

Posted by: T ()
Date: July 24, 2012 09:25PM

Problem T said:
> While I credit you for trying, the arrest you are looking at is from January 6, 2005.
> We are talking about an incident that occurred on or about 7/19/2012 - 7/20/2012.
> Please try again Detective T.

I know it's a different, older case. JBass had made the below statement, I was helping him out. Apparently local law enforcement have laid this charge at least once before.

>> NO way SS would let the local LEO book a counterfeit charge if they were on scene. NOT a chance. They would have been fighting over who gets to arrest you.... I dont even know if the state government has the authority to bring counterfeit charges against you, beings how the crime of counterfeit is a crime against the fed govt. to begin with.

Posted by: Nicki ()
Date: February 22, 2013 12:32AM

I believe him. We had some counterfeit money come in and the pen marks it and it says its real and looks and feels real. i guess people are printing 100's and 50's and 20's on one and five dollar bills. My boyfriend found money in the hallway of an apartment and didn't no it was fake, he went to McDonald's they told him it was fake didn't have the water mark and strip. So he told them he found them he left they turned his car in to the police. he got pulled over by highway patrol. he had money out ready for the officer handed it right to him told him"I no this is why your stopping me, MacDonald's just told me it was fake, i didn't no i found it' and he told him were he found it. They tried to charge him with 11 counts of class c forgery charges. Than tried to get him to bargain to 5 yrs prison he said no because he wasn't going to plea to something he didn't no was fake. When they sentenced him he got out of jail, charges all dropped. They had no evidence on him. His story never changed. He stuck to his guns. THE GOVERNMENT HAS TO PROVE YOUR GUILTY NOT THAT YOUR Innocent. So stick to your guns don't plea bargain and when it comes to your live, find a GOOD lawyer. One that believes you and on that will fight for you.

Posted by: u dumb monkey ()
Date: February 22, 2013 08:33AM

Nicki Wrote:
> I believe him. We had some counterfeit money come
> in and the pen marks it and it says its real and
> looks and feels real. i guess people are printing
> 100's and 50's and 20's on one and five dollar
> bills. My boyfriend found money in the hallway of
> an apartment and didn't no it was fake, he went to
> McDonald's they told him it was fake didn't have
> the water mark and strip. So he told them he found
> them he left they turned his car in to the police.
> he got pulled over by highway patrol. he had money
> out ready for the officer handed it right to him
> told him"I no this is why your stopping me,
> MacDonald's just told me it was fake, i didn't no
> i found it' and he told him were he found it. They
> tried to charge him with 11 counts of class c
> forgery charges. Than tried to get him to bargain
> to 5 yrs prison he said no because he wasn't going
> to plea to something he didn't no was fake. When
> they sentenced him he got out of jail, charges all
> dropped. They had no evidence on him. His story
> never changed. He stuck to his guns. THE
> GOVERNMENT HAS TO PROVE YOUR GUILTY NOT THAT YOUR
> Innocent. So stick to your guns don't plea bargain
> and when it comes to your live, find a GOOD
> lawyer. One that believes you and on that will
> fight for you.

for the love of God learn the difference between NO and KNOW you silly ape.

Posted by: The Truth Hurts ()
Date: February 22, 2013 08:48AM

What type of person, after being caught with counterfeit bills, says I'm out of here?

A guilty one. A regular person would of sat down at a desk and waited for more information on what to do. NOT try to leave.

Posted by: The Truth Hurts ()
Date: February 22, 2013 08:50AM

"I said, no biggie I found it and tried to leave. The BanK Manager said I had to wait for police, FBI and Secret Service and when I tried to leave the Security Guard blocked the door."

Posted by: no BS here ()
Date: February 22, 2013 09:25AM

> I need advice and I need it quick.
>
> Just got out of Fairfax ADC this morning, brother
> posted my bail on Friday night, but apparently
> because of paperwork or some other BS, I couldn't
> be released until this morning.
>
> This all happened because on Thursday I found 3
> $50 bills in the Kingstowne Center (in the garage
> underneath where the movie theaters are). I went
> to deposit the money at my bank on Friday and was
> told the money was counterfeit. I said, no biggie
> I found it and tried to leave. The BanK Manager
> said I had to wait for police, FBI and Secret
> Service and when I tried to leave the Security
> Guard blocked the door. About 5 minutes later, a
> shit load of cops with lights flashing pull up to
> the bank. The cops rush into the bank with guns
> drawn. The bank manager points at me, then a cop
> yells at me to get up and turns me around pushing
> me against the wall. I am frisked and cuffed
> while customers are looking at me.
>
> I am taken to a small office at the bank. A guy
> in suite looks at the money, does some sort of
> test with dye and asks me all sorts of questions,
> saying he is detective bigshot (I don't remember
> his name). The FBI and Secret Service show up
> about 10 minutes later. Secret Service guy looks
> at the money, says something to the detectice,
> they laugh, and he walks over to me and says
> unless I can prove I did not produce the
> counterfeit money or tell him who did produce it,
> I will be arrested, charged with counterfeiting
> and will serve at least 10 years in a federal
> prison. I told him I found it in the parking lot.
> He says BS and after asking me the same questions
> a dozen times, in which I give him the same
> respone, he tells the Fairfax detective to book me
> since I am not cooperating! I was taken to
> Fairfax ADC and processed. Apparently, while I
> was there, the police, FBI and Secret Service
> execute a search warrant at my house and tear the
> place up, the house was trashed when I got home
> this morning and there a notice from FCPD on the
> door. My copmuter and iPad are missing, as is
> about $250 in cash I has in the house.
>
> I am charged with manufacturing counterfeit US
> currency, possession of counterfeit US Currency,
> and passing counterfeit US currency. In addition,
> I am charged with obstruction of justice for
> impeding a federal investigation, and obstruction
> of justice for impeding a local investigation. I
> was told my trial will be a the US District Court
> in Alexandria.
>
> I had a consultation with an attorney this morning
> and he said the best thing to do is pled no
> contest to the possession of counterfeit currency
> and he would try and get the other charges
> dropped. He said if that works, I would probably
> serve 6 months to 1 year at club fed. If they
> convict me of all charges, I could be looking at
> 10 - 15 years. I am unable to leave the country
> and the attorney said I should stay in the area if
> at possible. My girlfriend and I are supposed to
> fly to London on Thursday for two weeks to watch
> her cousin in the Olympics. I haven't told her
> yet. My attorney said if I attempt to leave the
> country, I could be detained here or when I arrive
> in the UK and that would make things very
> complicated for me.
>
> WTF, all I did was pick up money in the parking
> lot and now I am going to jail. I have never been
> in trouble with the law before. My girlfriend is
> going to be so upset. I was going to propose to
> her in London, but now I am totally fuc&ed!!!!
>
> Any Advice???? Anyone know who to call????

My advice is to make up a better story next time. When a bank suspects that money is counterfeit they keep it, the money is sent to the federal treasury and they keep the iformation of the person that took it there (account number, DL number ETC) After a few days the Treasury responds and lets the bank know whether the money is counterfeit or not and either keeps it (if it's fake) if it's not then it is deposited into the customer's account.

Posted by: nostradamus ()
Date: February 22, 2013 09:48AM

I found a $50 bill on the sidewalk in front of my house last year.(no bs) It looked real, so I spent it. (can't remember where) I remember thinking at the time, who carriers around 50 dollar bills, and loses them?

Posted by: Zapruder ()
Date: February 22, 2013 10:05AM

Nonsense story tied together by a string of highly improbables. I worked at a bank years ago and we had counterfeit bills come in on occasion. I would simply inform the manager and they would talk to the customer and call the police. The police might come by two hours later and gather information from the manger along with the suspect bills or coins. Nobody shows up with lights, sirens and guns drawn for this nonsense. The depositor always was allowed to leave after talking to the manager. Oh by the way, we credited the depositors account for the money, pending final analysis of the suspect currency.

The FBI and SS don't respond to such calls at all. That's absolute fantasy. If the FFX PD actually showed up, they might have questioned the guy, but would have no doubt let him walk and then turned the case over to a bunch of overworked detectives who might have called the SS the next day. I'm not sure how the FBI would even get involved in this mess.

Ridiculous.

Posted by: exitpolls ()
Date: February 22, 2013 03:06PM

Zapruder Wrote:
> Nonsense story tied together by a string of highly
> improbables. I worked at a bank years ago and we
> had counterfeit bills come in on occasion. I
> would simply inform the manager and they would
> talk to the customer and call the police. The
> police might come by two hours later and gather
> information from the manger along with the suspect
> bills or coins. Nobody shows up with lights,
> sirens and guns drawn for this nonsense. The
> depositor always was allowed to leave after
> talking to the manager. Oh by the way, we
> credited the depositors account for the money,
> pending final analysis of the suspect currency.
>
> The FBI and SS don't respond to such calls at all.
> That's absolute fantasy. If the FFX PD actually
> showed up, they might have questioned the guy, but
> would have no doubt let him walk and then turned
> the case over to a bunch of overworked detectives
> who might have called the SS the next day. I'm
> not sure how the FBI would even get involved in
> this mess.
>
> Ridiculous.

I don't think anyone buys the story. Just making fun of OP now.

Posted by: Dolla Dolla Bill Y'all! ()
Date: February 22, 2013 03:12PM

OP should've realized it was counterfeit, what with the word "Monopoly" written across the top and all...

Date: February 22, 2013 03:17PM

New posters should've realized the thread is over half a year old, what with the date "July 23, 2012 02:49PM" written across the top and all............

pic unrelated
Attachments:
why u no read date.jpg

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.