HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Horse Slashed Again
Posted by: McDuff-The Copy & Paste Dog ()
Date: July 09, 2012 11:36AM

Fairfax County Police Department
Public Information Office
4100 Chain Bridge Road, Fairfax, Va. 22030
703-246-2253. TTY 703-204-2264. Fax 703-246-4253
FCPD-PIO@fairfaxcounty.gov
www.fairfaxcounty.gov/police
News Release:/12/191/LHC(5)
July 9, 2012

Horse Wounded Over Weekend

Reston Police District – Police responded to a report of a horse that was cut over the weekend in a paddock at 2625 Centreville Road. The horse, Lucinda, is one that was previously cut on April 26. The wounds were described as non-life-threatening.

Detectives believe that the attack took place between 8 p.m. Saturday, July 7 and 10:30 a.m. Sunday, July 8. The incident did not occur in Frying Pan Park; however the location attached to the property.

The teen police arrested in connection with the previous attacks is still incarcerated in the Juvenile Detention Center.

Anyone with additional information to provide or recalls seeing anything or anyone suspicious is asked to contact Crime Solvers by phone at 1-866-411-TIPS/8477, e-mail at www.fairfaxcrimesolvers.org or text “TIP187” plus your message to CRIMES/274637 or call Fairfax County Police at 703-691-2131.

http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/police/news-releases/2012/070912horsewounded.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Horse Slashed Again
Posted by: Curmudgeon ()
Date: July 09, 2012 12:30PM

i hope they catch this serial killer in training soon.

Posted by: bomble ()
Date: July 09, 2012 12:43PM

First the butt slasher at the mall, and now a horse butt slasher? What has this world come to?

Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: July 09, 2012 12:58PM

I hope to hell that weirdo slasher kid wasn't released on bail.

EDIT-spell

idontlikebeingrightaboutshitlikethisbutiam

Edited 21 time(s). Last edit at 5/31/1967 05:57AM by WingNut.

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2012 03:36PM by WingNut.

Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: July 09, 2012 03:26PM

anybody ever watch scream? two people involved, one in jail so the other copies the crime to "prove" they've got the wrong person locked up... i'd start with the friends of the little fucker already caught.

Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: July 09, 2012 03:38PM

Gonads & Strife Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> anybody ever watch scream? two people involved,
> one in jail so the other copies the crime to
> "prove" they've got the wrong person locked up...
> i'd start with the friends of the little fucker
> already caught.

I wonder if it is a copycat, a fellow traveler or maybe someone trying to vindicate the other sicko.

For the sake of human decency, whoever did this deserves to be tortured.

idontlikebeingrightaboutshitlikethisbutiam

Edited 21 time(s). Last edit at 5/31/1967 05:57AM by WingNut.

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2012 03:38PM by WingNut.

Posted by: Horse Whisperer ()
Date: July 09, 2012 04:17PM

C'mon guys. Can't you see what is going on here? This horse is a cutter. The horse is calling out for attention. The kid is still incarcerated. The only logical explaination is that this horse is harming herself in a cry for attention. Lucinda needs some help, and I hope she gets it soon.

Date: July 09, 2012 04:21PM

If that's the case she'll be Glu-cinda before she knows it

Posted by: PaulinHerndon ()
Date: July 12, 2012 07:19AM

Let it be known here on out, I am taking it upon myself to protect these beautiful animals. I will be posted outside of this farm for the next 3 weeks with my night vision goggles and I swear to GOD, if I see any punk kids approaching the farm at night, I will tazer them. If you care to join me, bring doughnuts and coffee, preferably chocolate glazed with rainbow sprinkles.

SPIRIT's Lucinda is 'OK' After Weekend Attack
Posted by: McGruff - The Crime Dog! ()
Date: July 12, 2012 07:21AM

SPIRIT's Lucinda is 'OK' After Weekend Attack
Horse in SPIRIT Open Equestrian's riding programs purposely wounded for second time in little more than two months.
By Leslie Perales
http://chantilly.patch.com/articles/spirit-s-lucinda-is-ok-after-weekend-attack#comment_3934554

SPIRIT Open Equestion's Executive Director Davorka "Dada" Suvak says Lucinda, the horse injured a second time over the weekend on a property near Frying Pan Farm Park, is "OK."

It's the second time SPIRIT's horses have been purposefully wounded since April and the third time there has been an attack on the animals living in that area. The other attack occurred in May, injuring a number of Frying Pan Farm Park's animals.

Suvak said the organization purchased and installed cameras in the paddock after the first incident. However, the quality of the camera footage taken at night in the dark may not be good enough to identify a suspect, she said.

Lucinda's wound isn't as severe as those in the first incident, Suvak said, describing the horse's most recent wound as a deep scratch or cut. When the horses were injured in the April attack, they had deep gashes about six to eight inches long, she said.

SPIRIT teaches children with disabilities to ride, many of whom are autistic. Beth Eachus, of Vienna, has a 10-year-old son, Jackson, who takes part in the SPIRIT program. She said the most recent attack is cause for concern.

“She’s just such a wonderful horse,” Eachus said of the animal her son often rides. She said those who are involved in SPIRIT thought the attacks were over when a 17-year-old Herndon-area teen was arrested in connection with them in June, but now the concern is back.

Eachus said they hope the cameras that were installed after the first attacks caught something that may give them some clue as to who may have harmed Lucinda.

“What’s so sad is these horses are trained to be welcoming to anyone who approaches them,” Eachus said. “They walk right up to people.” Even after the first attacks the horses were around people and children again soon after, to make sure they wouldn’t have lasting fear of their riders, she said.

Eachus said taking part in SPIRIT’s programs are one of the highlights of her son’s week. “He has such a great relationship with these animals,” she said. Jackson has a language disability, and is able to have a nonverbal relationship with the horses since he began the program in January.

“This is something that has been really great for him,” Eachus said. She said SPIRIT’s programs enhance his self-esteem and he is able to put his ribbons on the wall at home. The program brings out something in children that isn’t seen elsewhere at home or school, she said.

Eachus said SPIRIT’s volunteers have been wonderful to her family as well. “As far as therapeutic riding, we’ve been hugely impressed,” she said. “Dada is trying to reach out every way she can to help kids and others with disabilities. She’s been amazing, she really has been.”

She said she hopes the police are able to find the person who did this to Lucinda so they can all feel safe again. Eachus has four children and used to bring Jackson’s siblings with when they would go to ride, but since the attacks she hadn’t been bringing them.

Eachus said since the attacks, they pay more attention to who is wandering around when families are at the park for their sessions. The attacks cast a shadow over the area and over a great program, she said.

Fairfax County Police ask anyone with information possibly related to the case or who may have seen something suspicious to contact the department at 703-691-2131, or to contact Crime Solvers anonymously at 1-866-411-8477.

SPIRIT's horse, Lucinda, was cut and wounded over the weekend. She was one of the horses who was stabbed in the first set of attacks on animals in the area in April. (July 2012)Credit Fairfax County Police Department
Attachments:
5ef892da77d9b672433078f4b6cf7d.jpg

Re: SPIRIT's Lucinda is 'OK' After Weekend Attack
Posted by: Ivy Bigbee ()
Date: July 12, 2012 07:29AM

I don't understand why police or other organizations have not stepped up site surveillance re these ongoing atrocities. How long must these animals suffer?

Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: July 12, 2012 07:41AM

Ivy Bigbee Wrote:
> I don't understand why police or other
> organizations have not stepped up site
> surveillance re these ongoing atrocities. How long
> must these animals suffer?

well, I'm sure if you volunteered yr time for such duties that the organization would appreciate it..........

just a suggestion

Date: July 12, 2012 07:49AM

Gordon Blvd Wrote:
> Ivy Bigbee Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I don't understand why police or other
> > organizations have not stepped up site
> > surveillance re these ongoing atrocities. How
> long
> > must these animals suffer?
>
>
> well, I'm sure if you volunteered yr time for such
> duties that the organization would appreciate
> it..........
>
> just a suggestion

I volunteer my tax dollars you ass!

notice this story came out on Monday........
Date: July 12, 2012 08:02AM

@Ivy - well, I see you think $$$ solves everything so go ahead a continue to spread your ignorance.

Me, if I was concerned, I'd have ALREADY KNOWN THAT MY TAX $$$$ WAS BEING SPENT ON STEPPED UP PATROLS: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/jul/9/fairfax-horse-victim-second-stabbing/

and now that there seems to be a continuing issue since that last arrest, they will again start a increase in patrols in that area.

pic unrelated
Attachments:
dumb_ass.jpg

Re: notice this story came out on Monday........
Date: July 12, 2012 08:05AM

Gordon Blvd Wrote:
> @Ivy - well, I see you think $$$ solves everything
> so go ahead a continue to spread your ignorance.
>
> Me, if I was concerned, I'd have ALREADY KNOWN
> THAT MY TAX $$$$ WAS BEING SPENT ON STEPPED UP
> PATROLS:
> http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/jul/9/fai
> rfax-horse-victim-second-stabbing/
>
> and now that there seems to be a continuing issue
> since that last arrest, they will again start a
> increase in patrols in that area.
>
> pic unrelated

My point is this. I pay taxes for a reason. Part of those taxes go towards Law Enforcement, correct? Then why do we have Hispanics running around attacking/raping women, people slashing horses, cows, and now dogs? Where the fuck are the police?

Here they are...
http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/2/932073/953364.html#msg-953364

Date: July 12, 2012 08:08AM

So would you rather have a 1:1 ratio of cops to citizens and just have each cop shadow their assigned citizen all day every day making sure they're not out there raping horses and slashing women?

Date: July 12, 2012 08:22AM

sigh............ok really , Ivy?

http://fairfaxcity.patch.com/articles/crash-reported-on-shirley-gate-road-and-braddock#photo-10482787

http://fairfaxcity.patch.com/articles/2-dead-in-lee-jermantown-collision#photo-10214683

http://fairfaxcity.patch.com/articles/lora-melissa-meyers-christopher-cobb-second-woman-dies-after-braddock-road-shirley-gate-road-crash

Yeah, I know. To you, that's only SIX HUMANS DEAD from traffic related stuff. The horses lives have never been in jeopardy, ok? THe cops arrested someone after INCREASED PATROLS IN THE AREA in the first wave of attacks. Then some other asshole decided to give it a go. Cops are gonna increase patrols again. That's a no-brainer to most of us cause OBVIOUSLY the cops are gonna be told to protect County property and the Farm and all associated with it is County-related.

USE YOUR HEAD, kid. Cops cant make the world perfect. They human just like the rest of us and can only do their jobs. If you dont wanna do yr part MORE than just "paying yr taxes" then STFU about how the world works.

The reason we have Hispanics running around attacking/raping women, people slashing horses, cows, and now dogs is cause we have a County full of entitled fucks like you who wouldnt lift a finger to help a neighbor in need........................as YOU YOURSELF said earlier today:

Date: July 12, 2012 07:49AM

Gordon Blvd Wrote:
> Ivy Bigbee Wrote:
> -----
> > I don't understand why police or other
> > organizations have not stepped up site
> > surveillance re these ongoing atrocities. How
> long
> > must these animals suffer?
>
>
> well, I'm sure if you volunteered yr time for such
> duties that the organization would appreciate
> it..........
>
> just a suggestion

I volunteer my tax dollars you ass!

Typical Me First Mentality. You win the crown.......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2012 08:25AM by Gordon Blvd.
Attachments:
mrs fairfax county.jpg

Posted by: Snark Vark ()
Date: July 12, 2012 08:23AM

Gonads & Strife Wrote:
> So would you rather have a 1:1 ratio of cops to
> citizens and just have each cop shadow their
> assigned citizen all day every day making sure
> they're not out there raping horses and slashing
> women?

He'd probably rather have the cops focusing solely on the crime du jour. Today it's horse slashing. Tomorrow it's Mexican rapists. This weekend it will be drunk drivers.

Re: notice this story came out on Monday........
Posted by: Ale ()
Date: July 12, 2012 09:00AM

Ivy Bigbee Wrote:
> Gordon Blvd Wrote:
> -----
> > @Ivy - well, I see you think $$$ solves
> everything
> > so go ahead a continue to spread your
> ignorance.
> >
> > Me, if I was concerned, I'd have ALREADY KNOWN
> > THAT MY TAX $$$$ WAS BEING SPENT ON STEPPED UP
> > PATROLS:
> >
> http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/jul/9/fai
>
> > rfax-horse-victim-second-stabbing/
> >
> > and now that there seems to be a continuing
> issue
> > since that last arrest, they will again start a
> > increase in patrols in that area.
> >
> > pic unrelated
>
> My point is this. I pay taxes for a reason. Part
> of those taxes go towards Law Enforcement,
> correct? Then why do we have Hispanics running
> around attacking/raping women, people slashing
> horses, cows, and now dogs? Where the fuck are the
> police?
>
> Here they are...
> http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/2/932
> 073/953364.html#msg-953364

I am a Hispanic person that also pays taxes, I am responsible citizen that works and contributes to the community as much as I can. I don't appreciate your stupid racial comment.

Date: July 12, 2012 09:04AM

Gee is it so much to ask that our police catch criminals? Isn't that their purpose? I'm pretty sure the parking meter isn't going to attack me.

Posted by: JustanIdea ()
Date: July 12, 2012 09:52AM

We pay our police $90,000 a year in benefits and pay because they are cops, and they are in the line of danger. Unfortunately 70% of that staff is required in order for traffic beats. I say we get cops and traffic violations separated. That way we can pay much less for people who dont actually perform crime roles, and then help pay the ones who are in the line of danger more.

I understand that at any given time a police officer is both because they wear the uniform, but the point is if those functions are separated then the officers are officers, and the meter maids and traffic patrols are not officers.

Date: July 12, 2012 09:57AM

JustanIdea Wrote:
> We pay our police $90,000 a year in benefits and
> pay because they are cops, and they are in the
> line of danger. Unfortunately 70% of that staff is
> required in order for traffic beats. I say we get
> cops and traffic violations separated. That way we
> can pay much less for people who dont actually
> perform crime roles, and then help pay the ones
> who are in the line of danger more.
>
> I understand that at any given time a police
> officer is both because they wear the uniform, but
> the point is if those functions are separated then
> the officers are officers, and the meter maids and
> traffic patrols are not officers.

I like that idea alot and don't get me wrong, I very pro-law enforcement. We need these criminals caught (or shot).

Humane Society Offering $2,500 Reward in Most Recent Horse Attack
Posted by: McGruff - The Crime Dog! ()
Date: July 21, 2012 09:24AM

Humane Society Offering $2,500 Reward in Most Recent Horse Attack
At the time Lucinda was attacked earlier this month, the person believed responsible for the previous attacks was still incarcerated.

By Leslie Perales
July 20, 2012
http://reston.patch.com/articles/humane-society-offering-2-500-reward-in-most-recent-horse-attack

The attacks on the SPIRIT Open Equestrian Program’s horse, Lucinda, have prompted the Humane Society of the United States to offer a reward of up to $2,500.

The reward will be given for information leading to the identification, arrest and conviction of the person responsible for the second knife attack on her.

Lucinda was one of three of SPIRIT’s horses that was injured in April. She was cut again earlier this month. The original person believed responsible was apprehended by Fairfax County police, but not before attacking four more animals at Frying Pan Farm Park in May.

The Humane Society says there is a correlation between animal cruelty and many other crimes, from narcotics and firearms violations to sexual assault and violence against other humans.

“It takes a truly merciless person to violently attack an innocent animal like this,” said Laura Donahue, Virginia state director for The Humane Society of the United States said on the Humane Society’s website.

“We applaud the Fairfax County Police for aggressively investigating this crime, and hope our reward will bring forward anyone with information and help provide the community some sense of justice.”

Fairfax County Police ask anyone with information possibly related to the case or who may have seen something suspicious to contact the department at 703-691-2131, or to contact Crime Solvers anonymously at 1-866-411-8477.
Attachments:
f3b948abe4605f64e9b836dd105c3459.jpg

Posted by: catinchantilly ()
Date: August 09, 2012 05:42PM

Paul:

I'd join you!!! I thought about doing the exact same thing.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.