HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Mathnasium/Kumon
Posted by: mym ()
Date: June 13, 2012 01:35PM

Does anyone use or have any experience with Mathnasium or Kumon? Is one better than the other? Any reviews of either would be appreciated.

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Mathnasium/Kumon
Posted by: I like ()
Date: June 13, 2012 03:14PM

Thai Curry.

Posted by: mym ()
Date: June 23, 2012 09:00AM

who cares

Posted by: James Peddie ()
Date: July 31, 2012 08:23PM

Kumon mainly focuses on drills and is very much an exercise driven program. Mathnasium on the other hand, is a learning center that is relationally and child driven. I like Mathnasium because they evaluate and then provide a solution for the child. Most Mathnasium centers offer a free consultation/evaluation.

Posted by: Bradley ()
Date: October 12, 2015 02:50PM

It really depends on what you are looking for specifically. Most places like this are not really equipped to handle every student that walks in. I would look to see if the Center itself is accredited, the background of the staff in Center and ask that Center for a list of parents that would refer their services. The only other thing I would look at is whether or not the evaluation is a full one, looking at every aspect of that student. I am always iffy if someone says they just look at the area where the problem exists when dealing with academics, there are far too many things that can affect a student's academic strength. Math struggles don't always come from math specific things.

In NoVA, I would look at Huntington, there are a large amount of Centers with a long history in this area.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.