HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
66 to 495 HOV ramp closing for summer
Posted by: snakeinthegrass ()
Date: June 13, 2012 11:34AM

I-66 east HOV left exit to I-495 south to close
Starting at 10 a.m., Friday, June 15 until late 2012
The Virginia Department of Transportation will close the I-66 east High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) left exit ramp to I-495 south at 10 a.m., on Friday, June 15, to complete ramp work, pavement build-up, and tie-in to the new 495 Express Lanes Project.

I-66 east HOV traffic exiting onto I-495 south will be directed to use the right general purpose ramp, Exit 64A. The HOV exit to I-495 south will remain closed until late 2012. The exit will be reopened later this year as a combined HOV-3 and 495 Express Lanes ramp.

I-66 east HOV traffic exiting to I-495 north toward Tysons Corner will not be impacted at this time.

This work is part of the 495 Express Lanes Project. The project is on schedule to be completed in late 2012.

--------------------------------------------

So how much fun will this be?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 66 to 495 HOV ramp closing for summer
Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: June 13, 2012 11:36AM

it's fun for the ppl of Arlington Co, and ppl who live in Richmond area. They seem to love making Fairfax die in traffic........

Options: ReplyQuote

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.