HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Fence material
Date: June 10, 2012 09:28PM

Just got done tearing down about 200 feet of fence today. What a pain in the ass job that was (I left the posts in for the new fence).

Does Fairfax County regular trash pick up this much wood (its 6 foot fencing)? Or do I need to haul it myself?

We've got an appointment with "Carter Fence" on Tuesday. I assume they're a good name?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fence material
Posted by: Judge Vandelay ()
Date: June 10, 2012 09:30PM

You should really have that stuff hauled off to a facility that deals with construction waste.

Plus the county won't pick that up in their garbage trucks

Re: Fence material
Posted by: T ()
Date: June 11, 2012 01:14AM

Carter Fence built one for us a few months ago. My advice, make sure they use treated lumber that is already dry. Wet lumber will shrink, causing gaps to grow between the slats. Our fence started off with very narrow gaps, nothing alarming; but now, a few months later, the gaps are huge. I dealt with Bruce Carter. He even explained, without my asking, that there will be gaps but they will be narrow. Not true, they grow bigger. Also: don't tip the crew, they get paid pretty well.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.