HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Barn Animals Attacked the Kidwell Barn at Frying Pan Park in the Herndon area.
Posted by: McGruff - The Crime Dog! ()
Date: May 27, 2012 01:33PM

Barn Animals Attacked
http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/police/news-releases/2012/052712barnanimalsattackedhtm.htm

Fairfax County Police Department
Public Information Office
4100 Chain Bridge Road, Fairfax, Va. 22030
703-246-2253. TTY 703-204-2264. Fax 703-246-4253
FCPD-PIO@fairfaxcounty.gov
www.fairfaxcounty.gov/police
News Release:12/148/LHC(5)
May 27, 2012

Barn Animals Attacked

Reston Police District – In the wake of a stabbing of three horses on April 26, more barnyard animals have been injured by an unknown assailant at the Kidwell Barn at Frying Pan Park in the Herndon area. Two goats, a calf and a chicken were cut by an unknown object during the nighttime hours between 5 p.m. Saturday, May 26 and 7 a.m. Sunday, May 27.

Farm staff discovered the injuries around 8 a.m. when they went to feed the animals. The calf and one of the goats are both under a year old and bottle-fed. They have no fear of humans and would approach anyone who came near thinking they might be fed.

Animal control officers, detectives and private veterinarians responded to the barn and are continuing the investigation. The animals’ injuries do not appear to be life threatening.

It is unknown whether or not the April 26 incident is related to today’s crime. The horses were being housed in a barn that is adjacent to the Frying Pan Park and were not on park property. An arrest has not been made in that case and the investigation is ongoing.

Anyone with additional information to provide or recalls seeing anything or anyone suspicious is asked to contact Crime Solvers by phone at 1-866-411-TIPS/8477, e-mail at www.fairfaxcrimesolvers.org or text “TIP187” plus your message to CRIMES/274637 or call Fairfax County Police at 703-691-2131.
Attachments:
052712injuredcalf.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Barn Animals Attacked the Kidwell Barn at Frying Pan Park in the Herndon area.
Date: May 27, 2012 01:34PM

Here's the link for the thread on the wounded Horses...

Horses Wounded
http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/2/896284/912735.html#msg-912735

Re: Barn Animals Attacked the Kidwell Barn at Frying Pan Park in the Herndon area.
Posted by: NOVAman ()
Date: May 27, 2012 09:11PM

Just sick.....what a piece of shit human being that did this

Posted by: PETA ()
Date: May 27, 2012 09:59PM

This is lower than low.

Posted by: Fact Checker ()
Date: May 27, 2012 10:10PM

Why didn't they hire security after the 1st attack with the horses? You would think that they would have learned something. Now there have been two attacks.

Posted by: Sadsadsad ()
Date: May 28, 2012 01:38PM

That's awful. I hope the perps get caught and security cameras are added. I'd keep a close eye on my pets too if I lived in the area. Assholes.

Posted by: Beth willetts ()
Date: May 28, 2012 04:40PM

This is just sick. One of the horses hurt used to be mine so I take this personally. Kid well farm is a great resource and it is hard to believe how anyone could be so cruel. Pray they get caught soon before they start hurting children

Posted by: JustSaying ()
Date: May 28, 2012 04:51PM

This thread is disappointing.
I thought barn animals were attacking a barn in Herndon.

Totally let down by the grammar misread.

Posted by: Snapple ()
Date: May 28, 2012 05:04PM

It was El Chupacabra.

Posted by: Preditor ()
Date: May 28, 2012 05:23PM

coyote?

Posted by: yt7yb ()
Date: May 28, 2012 05:51PM

When I read "Barn Animals Attacked the Kidwell Barn" I had to come read this. What kind of crazed animals attack their own barn!?!

Posted by: andy rooney from the grave ()
Date: May 28, 2012 05:54PM

Why do they call it taking a dump? i mean, you never actually take it anywhere.

Posted by: Clobbersaurus ()
Date: May 28, 2012 06:35PM

Isn't attacking animals the pre-cursor to becoming a serial killer?

Posted by: of two minds ()
Date: May 28, 2012 06:37PM

Clobbersaurus Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Isn't attacking animals the pre-cursor to becoming
> a serial killer?

big time! it's the classic start. it has been proven.

Posted by: Curmudgeon ()
Date: May 28, 2012 07:03PM

Isn't attacking animals the pre-cursor to becoming a serial killer?

i was thinking the exact same thing.

Posted by: answerer ()
Date: May 28, 2012 07:05PM

security comes for 3 days after the initial incident

Posted by: The Punisher ()
Date: May 29, 2012 09:50AM

Actions such as these deserve conquences. I hope these people (or person) are found and brought to justice. No probation, no community service, no plea, no "do-gooders" with their "Oh, he/she/they are such good people. it was just an aberration." If this happens, we as a community need to launch a protest. I am willing to start a fund for a reward leading to an arrest and conviction of the perpetrator/perpatrators with $500.00. Anyone want to join me?

Posted by: no ()
Date: May 29, 2012 08:26PM

The Punisher Wrote:
> Actions such as these deserve conquences. I hope
> these people (or person) are found and brought to
> justice. No probation, no community service, no
> plea, no "do-gooders" with their "Oh, he/she/they
> are such good people. it was just an aberration."
> If this happens, we as a community need to launch
> a protest. I am willing to start a fund for a
> reward leading to an arrest and conviction of the
> perpetrator/perpatrators with $500.00. Anyone want
> to join me?

no

Posted by: flea_bitten ()
Date: May 29, 2012 11:21PM

The Punisher, I can supply some hollow points.

Posted by: ***REWARD*** ()
Date: June 05, 2012 08:53AM

Fairfax County animal attacks: Reward offered by Friends of Frying Pan Park
By Mark SegravesJune 4, 2012 - 02:13 pm
http://www.wjla.com/articles/2012/06/fairfax-county-animal-attacks-reward-offered-by-friends-of-frying-pan-park-76620.html

A group of supporters is offering a substantial reward for information about who is behind a series of attacks on horses at a Fairfax County Park over the past month.

"Henry" is only a few months old, but he is already one of the most popular residents at Frying Pan Park, which sees thousands of visitors each week.

Many visitors were not aware the attacks had occurred , but they were appalled by the news.

"I think it's horrible. We come here all of the time with our kids - a lot of people do. It's just so sad. The kids love these animals," Fairfax County resident Heather Segersten says.

Now, the Friends of Frying Pan Park in Herndon are offering a $7,500 reward in connection with two separate attacks. In the first, a group of therapy horses was stabbed. In a separate incident in which a calf, several young goats and a chicken were cut.

The attacks happened almost exactly a month apart. The horses were stabbed in late April, while the more recent attacks happened near the end of May.

Parent Nicole Shillidan adds, "we were just looking at his stitches, and we're really sad about it."

Recovery continues for the horses that were stabbed. The equestrian center where the horses live, Spirit Open Equestrian Park, is a place where mentally and physically handicapped children ride and interact with the animals as part of their therapy.

One challenge for many parents bringing their children to the park is telling them what happened to the animals.

"Its hard to explain to them. I want them to feel safe too. It's scary.
I say there's bad people out there, and the cops are going to go after them and hopefully they'll find them," Segersten continues.

And that's just what police are doing. Officers say they have received a few tips, but they hope this new reward and increased publicity will help solve the crimes.

Police add that while there's no evidence linking the two attacks, common sense tells investigators it's likely the same person.

Security at the park has since been increased.

All of the animals attacked are doing well and are well on their way to a full recovery. Park officials say the therapeutic ponies will resume giving rides to children this week.

Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: June 05, 2012 09:49AM

bump

Posted by: FBO ()
Date: June 05, 2012 09:56AM

I was just there this past weekend. Nice to see the new surveillance equipment they put up.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

I say "fuck" a lot...

Posted by: 2LiveCrew ()
Date: June 05, 2012 10:00AM

Gordon Blvd posted here. I believe that HE is behind these attacks. I believe that we have met before. I have traced his IP address back to the mother ship. GB rhymes with "ET"- Gordon Blvd is ET. He is harming the animals with the intention of healing them with his magic finger.
Fingers remind me of cookies I liked when I was a kid. Those cookies were called "lady fingers". Perhaps GB/ET is a LA-Dy. That rhymes too! D is the letter after C and before E! There is CE again!

HA HA A HAHA HHA HA HAH AH AHA HA HA HA!!!!
Date: June 05, 2012 10:06AM

f**king beautiful, 2Live!!!!!!!
Attachments:
You Win an Internet.jpg

Posted by: Comissioner Gordon ()
Date: June 05, 2012 10:11AM

Gordon Blvd posted here. I believe that HE is behind these attacks. I believe that we have met before. I have traced his IP address back to the mother ship. GB rhymes with "ET"- Gordon Blvd is ET. He is harming the animals with the intention of healing them with his magic finger.
Fingers remind me of cookies I liked when I was a kid. Those cookies were called "lady fingers". Perhaps GB/ET is a LA-Dy. That rhymes too! D is the letter after C and before E! There is CE again!

That's it! Activate the Interstellar Police!

Date: June 05, 2012 03:43PM

are you guys suggesting that the Lutherans are behind this?

ha h ha ha ha ha ha :)

Posted by: outrage ()
Date: June 05, 2012 03:48PM

This is horrible. I can't believe somone is out their slicing animals and then not eating them! What is the world coming to?

Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: June 05, 2012 04:46PM

I'm not surprised by the fact that this happened again. The horses were attacked and then security cameras were installed, but since that area is not a part of the farm park, Kidwell decided it was an isolated incident and didn't take security measures of their own. Now they are going to need to install equipment inside and outside of their facilities (which they should have had anyway) to prevent any more of their animals from being attacked or, as was stated above, any of the children who attend the farm park school from being hurt. I pulled my son from there but not because of the attack - I thought his "teacher" was a lazy dope. I digress... Kidwell should do what blueservo did with the Texas border watchers cameras, set them up and make them public so that people can login and view the cameras and if there is activity the viewer can send an alert to someone who can then recall the camera and view the footage from anywhere and call the cops if necessary. Better that than finding dead or mutilated animals the next morning and checking to see if maybe you caught the guy on camera..

Update: Police Arrest Teen
Date: June 25, 2012 12:49PM

Update: Police Arrest Teen
http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/police/news-releases/2012/062512barnanimalarrest.htm

Fairfax County Police Department
Public Information Office
4100 Chain Bridge Road, Fairfax, Va. 22030
703-246-2253. TTY 703-204-2264. Fax 703-246-4253
FCPD-PIO@fairfaxcounty.gov
www.fairfaxcounty.gov/police
News Release:/12/177/LHC(5)
June 25, 2012

UPDATE: Police Arrest Teen

Reston Police District – Police charged a 17-year-old Herndon area boy in connection with the animal slashings that took place at Frying Pan Park on May 26 and April 26.

Based on a tip investigators received on Friday, June 22, officers arrested the teen on Saturday, June 23 around 4 p.m. at the Reston Police District station. He has been charged with four felony counts of maiming animals, three misdemeanor counts of cruelty to animals and two counts of unlawful entry.

Police express their gratitude to the community for helping to keep this case active and in the public eye.

Barn Animals Attacked

Reston Police District – In the wake of a stabbing of three horses on April 26, more barnyard animals have been injured by an unknown assailant at the Kidwell Barn at Frying Pan Park in the Herndon area. Two goats, a calf and a chicken were cut by an unknown object during the nighttime hours between 5 p.m. Saturday, May 26 and 7 a.m. Sunday, May 27.

Farm staff discovered the injuries around 8 a.m. when they went to feed the animals. The calf and one of the goats are both under a year old and bottle-fed. They have no fear of humans and would approach anyone who came near thinking they might be fed.

Animal control officers, detectives and private veterinarians responded to the barn and are continuing the investigation. The animals’ injuries do not appear to be life threatening.

It is unknown whether or not the April 26 incident is related to today’s crime. The horses were being housed in a barn that is adjacent to the Frying Pan Park and were not on park property. An arrest has not been made in that case and the investigation is ongoing.

Anyone with additional information to provide or recalls seeing anything or anyone suspicious is asked to contact Crime Solvers by phone at 1-866-411-TIPS/8477, e-mail at www.fairfaxcrimesolvers.org or text “TIP187” plus your message to CRIMES/274637 or call Fairfax County Police at 703-691-2131.

###

To request this information in an alternate format, call the Public Information Office at 703.246.2253. TTY 703-204-2264

Border Security is CHEAPER Than Wars
Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: June 25, 2012 12:58PM

I hope they can charge him as an adult somehow because of the two different incidents.

We really need to cage weirdos like this as long as possible.

Little fuckhead was probably a few months away from Jeffery Dahmer antics.

And check his hard drive.

idontlikebeingrightaboutshitlikethisbutiam

Edited 21 time(s). Last edit at 5/31/1967 05:57AM by WingNut.

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2015 09:25AM by WingNut.

Re: Update: Police Arrest Teen
Posted by: Bonnie ()
Date: June 25, 2012 02:02PM

WingNut Wrote:
> I hope they can charge him as an adult somehow
> because of the two different incidents.
>
> We really need to cage weirdos like this as long
> as possible.
>
> Little fuckhead was probably a few months away
> from Jeffery Dahmer antics.
>
>
> And check his hard drive.

I hope somebody pulls a Jack Ruby and shoots him to death before he goes away, or he gets killed in prison. Otherwise he'll be out in 20 and getting up to the same shit. Sick little fuck. At the very least they should castrate him with some pliers.

Posted by: pedrophile ()
Date: June 25, 2012 02:06PM

fucking hispanics slash animals again

Posted by: D-Low ()
Date: June 25, 2012 02:11PM

I think the cow says it all. [Follow link]

http://fxcountyva.blogspot.com/

Posted by: smhmadood ()
Date: June 25, 2012 02:11PM

Maybe they don't have money to hire full time security ya dumb shit

Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: June 25, 2012 02:29PM

pedrophile Wrote:
> fucking hispanics slash animals again

+1

Posted by: who was he? ()
Date: December 11, 2015 01:11PM

Need a name.

Posted by: whoah111 ()
Date: December 11, 2015 04:08PM

who was he? Wrote:
> Need a name.

Holy 3 years late dude.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.