HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Trayvon Martin Day declared at D.C. elementary school
Posted by: NRA 75 ()
Date: May 25, 2012 08:36AM

Is it possible to have one in this area? Check out WJLA. They are giving out skittles. I'm game.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Trayvon Martin Day declared at D.C. elementary school
Date: May 25, 2012 08:37AM

Gotta love this on Memorial Day Weekend too. Gee don't thank the men and women who gave their lives for our nation, but some case that's not even decided yet, and where it hasn't even gone to trial. People that complain about FCPS, that is your right, but I dont think there's going to be a Travon Martin day here. If there is, let me know its time for some skittles.

Date: May 25, 2012 08:38AM

Posted by: Niggas ()
Date: May 25, 2012 08:41AM

I can see Mount Vernon doing that they are all niggas

Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: May 25, 2012 08:50AM

"Teachers at Malcolm X Elementary in southeast are using the unfolding case to teach children about social injustice and race relations in the U.S."

What are they going to teach, exactly? That every time a black person is shot by a non-black person, it's motivated by racial hatred? That judgment should be rendered not by a jury based on the facts during a trial, but by the color of someone's skin? That race relations in the U.S. are at a low point because someone shot a black guy in Florida, got arrested, and is now facing 2nd degree murder charges?

I thought the goal was to "live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Posted by: Blanche ()
Date: May 25, 2012 09:08AM

Race relations are at a low in this country because if you complain about the President and his (in)actions you're a racist.

Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: May 25, 2012 09:12AM

Boycott FUCKING SKITTLES.

Man.
Attachments:
-keith-judd-VERT_full_600.jpg

Posted by: infowars ()
Date: May 25, 2012 09:15AM

Thug day? He was kicked out of 2 high schools and was currently on a 10 day suspension at the third. And they honor this thug?
Attachments:
wtf.jpg

Posted by: What's Next? ()
Date: May 25, 2012 09:37AM

Wake me up when it's Juggalo day.

Flash Mob in remembrance of Trayvon Martin
Posted by: What's new ()
Date: May 25, 2012 10:09AM

Date: May 25, 2012 10:13AM

rawr...

Whitney Wild

Posted by: RTI ()
Date: May 25, 2012 10:45AM

Trayvon Martin Day declared by a school named after Malcom-X?
You gotta be shittin me. Malcom-X was crazy too.

Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: May 25, 2012 11:02AM

I went back and watched the video attached to the news story. The principal says it's more of an anti-violence seminar aimed at keeping children safe and fostering community bonding. This raises several more questions:

1. Is it about non-violence, keeping kids safe, and fostering community bonding, or is it about "teaching children about social injustice and race relations in the U.S."?

2. If the goal is to reduce violence and bullying, what the hell does the Trayvon Martin case have to do with that? Isn't that message strong enough to stand on its own without a gimmick?

3. What kind of cracker-jack writer put the article together without bothering to watch the video first?

Literally, as I was writing this post, the article changed to reflect more of what the principal said, making #3 semi-moot. It still leads off with the "social injustice" bit, though.

There is no "social injustice" in the Trayvon Martin case. Zimmerman wasn't arrested immediately because preliminary reports indicated that he acted within Florida law. But, now he's going to trial for the shooting, facing hard charges. The legal system is doing its job.

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Posted by: BEH ()
Date: May 25, 2012 11:20AM

I can't wait for Angela Davis week!

Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: May 25, 2012 12:23PM

all y'all pathetic.

there is not ONE of you ppl who even CARE about this school. You could have given a fuck about what they taught last week so why do you care what they teach now?

Seriously, why do you care? You hate them anyway so why do you care what they learn in school?

I mean really? Acting like you care about what they are teaching in a Southeast DC school...............really? really?

edit: relax.......have a drink on me :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2012 12:26PM by Gordon Blvd.
Attachments:
white power.jpg

Date: May 25, 2012 12:31PM

Viscount Monteforte d_Alsace Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> rawr...
>
> Whitney Wild
>
> http://images.allbrittontv.com/wjla/talent/whitney
> %20wild%20for%20web.jpg

No social injustice there. I would :). Damnnnn!!!

Date: May 25, 2012 12:36PM

Its interesting with all of this racism one way or the other. I think I'm going to start WET=White Entertainment Television. Of course, it would be considered racist by its name, but BET, Telemundo, Univision are all fine.(Actually the ladies are sweet!)

Programming would include, Regatta racing, Yachting, Wearing strange socks, the Prius, Reusable grocery bags, and expensive camping equipment when you don't go outdoors.

Date: May 25, 2012 06:54PM

@NRA - and curling

Posted by: w st ne ()
Date: May 25, 2012 07:06PM

I read where Malcolm X discouraged welfare, said it was like heroin to keep people at a certain level always wanting more. Wonder how the DC residents would feel about giving up this entitlement to keep his dream alive.

Date: May 25, 2012 07:07PM

Gordon Blvd Wrote:
> @NRA - and curling

LOL! Thats a good one! :)

Date: May 25, 2012 07:11PM

w st ne Wrote:
> I read where Malcolm X discouraged welfare, said
> it was like heroin to keep people at a certain
> level always wanting more. Wonder how the DC
> residents would feel about giving up this
> entitlement to keep his dream alive.

Same goes for a decent civil rights leader, Dr. Martin Luther King, who was only for affirmative action for a very short period. Yet that dream sadly went out the window, and obviously, government agencies and jobs, have had to hire people less qualified or less capable, due to it. People of all backgrounds are capable and qualified, but he was right, that Affirmative Action was a temporary answer, as it made sense back in the 1960's.

Now civil rights leaders like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson make a mockery of a great man. They are anything but, and Al Sharpton loved the Travon Martin shooting, and was all over it. He was most certainly pissed when he found out "damn, he's half hispanic." Notice he's been very quiet. Then again, maybe he learned his lesson.

Google Mike Pagones. Yep, Sharpton accused him of raping a black woman, who later recanted. He was sued for slander, and his supporters paid for it. His anti Semetic comments along with other racially inflammatory quotes, feel free to see for yourself.

Posted by: BetterRoleModels ()
Date: May 26, 2012 09:09AM

Liberals don't think much of Black people.

http://liberallogic101.com/?p=336

Date: May 26, 2012 09:21AM

it's so funny to see Faiffax ppl pretend to care what's going on in SE

y'all look pathetic acting like you give a fuck

Date: May 26, 2012 12:51PM

Gordon Blvd Wrote:
> it's so funny to see Faiffax ppl pretend to care
> what's going on in SE
>
> y'all look pathetic acting like you give a fuck

Interesting. I'm not sure where this is aimed, but for the record I've been a part of working with church groups and others in SE. Oh, and I worked there for two yrs. Most people care, they just don't go down there for whatever reason. Ain't up for me to judge, it would be good to see more do so though :)

Date: May 26, 2012 01:16PM

What gets me is "Social Injustice." Where is that?

So far, we have a unknown set of circumstances, a case that is going to trial, and nothing more than two men who fought, one being dead.

Still I do think its a good idea for the school to give away Skittles. That seems appropriate, and it is part of the First Lady's "Get Moving" and "Eat Healthy" Progam no doubt about it.

Date: May 26, 2012 01:29PM

@NRA - ok, do you see how you are having a discussion on the issue? That's EXACTLY what the teachers want to do with the students. And GET THIS, bro (or sis, I dunno) SOME OF THE TEACHERS AND KIDS ARE GOING TO HAVE THE EXACT SAME FEELINGS YOU DO ABOUT IT!

What a lot of y'all are missing is the fact that the ppl who live in SE have just as DIVERSE an opinion on stuff as we do here in Fairfax. Just cause a lot of ppl that go there have the same skin colour dont mean they all THINK the same way.

Yet just cause you see some buzzwords, you want to jump on in and assume that everyone with skin colour looks the same gonna think the same...............which is why i say it doesnt look like anybody gives two shits about the school - cause it looks like y'all cant even see the ppl that go there as individuals (much less Americans free to form and discuss their own curriculum). Kids could learn a lot from this crap, maybe more than you think and in DIFFERENT WAYS than you think, is all I'm saying......................

Posted by: who dat who dat who dat ()
Date: May 26, 2012 01:34PM

True Gordon, maybe they will learn about the U S justice system where a person is innocent until proven guilty. You might want to pass that along to Rev Al, the Black Panther Party and the media.
Attachments:
marionberry_headshot.jpg

Date: May 28, 2012 07:09PM

Gordon Blvd Wrote:
> @NRA - ok, do you see how you are having a
> discussion on the issue? That's EXACTLY what the
> teachers want to do with the students. And GET
> THIS, bro (or sis, I dunno) SOME OF THE TEACHERS
> AND KIDS ARE GOING TO HAVE THE EXACT SAME FEELINGS
> YOU DO ABOUT IT!
>
> What a lot of y'all are missing is the fact that
> the ppl who live in SE have just as DIVERSE an
> opinion on stuff as we do here in Fairfax. Just
> cause a lot of ppl that go there have the same
> skin colour dont mean they all THINK the same
> way.
>
> Yet just cause you see some buzzwords, you want to
> jump on in and assume that everyone with skin
> colour looks the same gonna think the
> same...............which is why i say it doesnt
> look like anybody gives two shits about the school
> - cause it looks like y'all cant even see the ppl
> that go there as individuals (much less Americans
> free to form and discuss their own curriculum).
> Kids could learn a lot from this crap, maybe more
> than you think and in DIFFERENT WAYS than you
> think, is all I'm saying......................

Wow. Gordon. Top of the evening to you. I'm a bro, a dude, an hombre, a creature who clanks. Nothing but love seriously.

Yes, of course people of all backgrounds, are what make the United States what it is, the greatest country in the world. And of course, people of all backgrounds are going to have varying opinions on this, and of which is each and everyone's right.

Yet I find this example to be in poor taste. First of all, we don't know all the facts yet in this case. There are a lot of questions to be answered, although I don't like the President and other politicians, jumping the gun, pardon the pun, to prejudice a man's right to a fair trial. That's out the window already.

If President Obama had said something like "I'm watching it with my fellow Americans, to see how this pans out," or "I'm concerned about this, and am leaving it to the authorities to look into the matter" that would be fine.

As for the school, I think this is just not an example for the reasons of innocent until proven guilty. Was George or Travon a bad person? I don't know. All I know is that a young man is dead, his family is no doubt mourning and so are his friends and other family members. George, I know he's from here originally, and obviously pulled the trigger. Its up for a jury to decide whether he was in his legal rights, ie. the Stand your Ground law of Florida.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2012 07:10PM by NRA 75.

Date: May 29, 2012 06:26AM

@NRA-all I'm saying is that it's a popular subject about justice, society, and race relations - and teaching kids about it seems to be a better plan than just sticking one's head in the sand, is all. Why cant the kids learn same way we are about all this, y'know?

@who - yeah..............cause, um.....................what?

pic unrelated
Attachments:
flavors-of-negros.jpg

Posted by: blind justice ()
Date: May 29, 2012 06:56AM

I hope they teach the kids not to beat up on people smaller than them. They might be armed and after they've had enough blow you away.

Posted by: Price ()
Date: May 29, 2012 07:19AM

Day of...

trayvoning.jpg?w=620

Posted by: Sucker MC ()
Date: May 29, 2012 09:44AM

lulz at dumb blacks
Attachments:
1338298013773.jpg

Posted by: Ferris Bueller ()
Date: May 29, 2012 10:02AM

Since he was on school suspension when he got killed, Trayvon Martin Day sounds like a good day to cut class.

that's soooo fucked up!! ROFLMAO!!!!!!
Date: May 29, 2012 10:22AM

@Price and Sucker
Attachments:
forget the internet -venus_win.jpeg

Re: that's soooo fucked up!! ROFLMAO!!!!!!
Posted by: BEH ()
Date: May 29, 2012 12:33PM

Yes, "Sucker MC" has made the post of the century.Thank you and congratulations.

In other news, DC schools has set aside March 11th as
"Idi Amin Day"

Re: that's soooo fucked up!! ROFLMAO!!!!!!
Date: May 29, 2012 06:59PM

Gordon, we agree on some points. Sure, the history of this nation, both good and bad, must be taught, so as to not repeat the same mistakes as our predecessors made. I'm sure the schools are teaching about the civil rights movement, the value of an education helping people of all backgrounds succeed at a much higher rate, than say a high school dropout, regardless of school district.

As for these fools that put up tasteless posters, they will hopefully one day regret putting such hateful and disgusting materials up, as while there are a lot of answers still not here yet, its not cool to knock someone down on the color of their skin. Character is what matters, and I have to agree they win Venus for their lack of intelligence.

Date: May 29, 2012 07:20PM

NRA-yeah it's racist as all get out.............but not really "hateful" though. It's just the internet. All races are automatically inferior here which is why all blacks are crooks, all hispanics are illegal, all whites are rednecks or snotty stuckup assholes, Asians bad drivers, and so on and so forth. You cant really take it stupid pictures to heart unless they have posted something serious with it, is all. Trust me on this ;)

pic unrelated
Attachments:
i like my violence like i love my beer, domestic.jpg

Date: May 29, 2012 08:15PM

No doubt Gordon, I often wonder, is the internet more fucked up than the "real world?" :)

Posted by: Johnny Galt ()
Date: May 29, 2012 08:57PM

Gordon Blvd Wrote:
> what's going on in SE
>

Right, cuz what happened in FL with Treyvon isn't affecting shit. Stupid douche. Shit that happens in other places has no effect on what happens here. You're so fucking smart.

-jg

p.s. Oh you mad cuz I'm stylin' on you?

-
-
-

Posted by: tony w ()
Date: May 29, 2012 09:18PM

Gordon Blvd Wrote:
> what's going on in SE
>

I know I care, I go to the Nationals games and I want it to be safe as it can be. Does that count?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.