HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Tree memorial in yard on Burke Lake Road in Burke?
Posted by: KennethQ ()
Date: May 21, 2012 11:25PM

On Burke Lake Road, near the intersection with Coffer Woods Rd, there is a little house with a tree in the yard. It seems to be a memorial of some sort, as there are often knick-knacks and mementos in front of the tree (eg, stuffed animals)...what's the deal? Is this the site of a car crash fatality?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tree memorial in yard on Burke Lake Road in Burke?
Posted by: bottoms up! ()
Date: May 21, 2012 11:51PM

A teenage girl was driving around drunk late one night and killed herself by driving into a tree that was in front of that house. Her friends and family planted that new, smaller tree, and now it's a showy roadside memorial. I don't know how the owners of the house stand it. Personally, I would have a problem if it were my yard. Each time they planted a new tree, I would come out and chop it down immediately. They need to move on with their lives. Doesn't she have a grave they can go to? Anyway, she was drunk.

In a nutshell, it is a roadside memorial to under age drunken driving.

P.S. This was maybe 2 years ago.

Re: Tree memorial in yard on Burke Lake Road in Burke?
Posted by: BB*X ()
Date: May 22, 2012 09:32AM

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.