HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
The Chicken Palace (Burke)
Posted by: Janz ()
Date: May 18, 2012 01:44PM

Stopped by there yesterday, but eventually wound up leaving. Reasons?

1. No takeout menu. (seems that they ran out)

2. Very limited items available from the menu board above.

3. Noticed about 5 different people turn around and leave, either because of being told of the very limited menu choices, or because they were told it would take 30-40 minutes to wait for a whole chicken.

Not a good way to start out a business, considering the fact that the waiting line had originally extended way outside the door.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Chicken Palace (Burke)
Posted by: JBass ()
Date: May 18, 2012 01:50PM

Chicken was mediocre. No real char and the skin was still chewy, not crispy and golden brown. The black beans were pretty darn good but the green-jalapeno sauce was better than most others.

Posted by: PTO'd ()
Date: May 18, 2012 09:58PM

I was there on Thursday, the manager said they were in a soft opening still, with the full menu being available sometime next week. A saw a few people leave as well while I was eating, but I wouldn't be too concerned about that. I thought the chicken was good not great, had an awesome aroma though, and the sauces were perfect. Notably there was a coming soon sign up where Cairo Grill used to be for Capital Bagel Bakery.

Posted by: whiterussian ()
Date: May 19, 2012 02:56PM

Tried it today. The chicken was excellent; some of the better Peruvian chicken I've had around here. The sides were average. I'll give them another shot in a month or so.

Posted by: eesh ()
Date: May 19, 2012 04:26PM

PTO'd Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was there on Thursday, the manager said they
> were in a soft opening still

LOL What is a soft opening?

Posted by: BB*X ()
Date: May 19, 2012 06:14PM

Never heard of it either but from what I gather reading this and the Cafe Rio thread they are open but are not serving the full menu yet. Seems pretty dumb to have potential customers come in and leave, the customer isn't going to care about a "soft opening" explanation, they will only remember that they couldn't order what they wanted.

Posted by: PTO'd ()
Date: May 19, 2012 07:52PM

eesh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> PTO'd Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I was there on Thursday, the manager said they
> > were in a soft opening still
>
>
>
>
> LOL What is a soft opening?

Generally that refers to the earliest stage of when a restaurant opens to the public before any kind of heavy promotions such as a "Grand Opening" or widespread public advertising. The restaurant is open, but its still getting its bearings set . It's especially common among chains.

Posted by: Alpha Male ()
Date: May 19, 2012 08:53PM

I tried eating there tonight. They were turning customers away -- "we are out of chicken." On a side note, the restaurant was filthy. My first and last visit to this dump.

Posted by: fourleaf ()
Date: May 20, 2012 03:08PM

Friday Night (May 18th) we tried to go and there was a 30 min wait for chicken so we left and went somewhere else.

Tried again today (Sunday) for lunch and the "machines" were broken - whatever that means.

Not sure we'll be back for attempt number 3 anytime soon.

Posted by: rob ()
Date: May 20, 2012 06:58PM

I almost.l went there today
I'm glad I read this here firsts
Ill wait a few weeks.
Thanks

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.