HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Where To Get A Haircut In Burke From An American
Posted by: Unreals ()
Date: April 19, 2012 03:30AM

I am frustrated by the fact that every hair cut joint around the Burke area is run completely by Asians. The big problem is communication- they don't speak English well enough to understand what you want. I would love to find a white American who I could explain things in detail to, and get her suggestions.

Not that long ago, Hair Cuttery and the like employed strictly young white girls. They would usually have creative ideas on how to make your hair look best. With the foreigners who cut hair now, you're lucky if they can understand "give me a #3."

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Where To Get A Haircut In Burke From An American
Posted by: move ()
Date: April 19, 2012 04:04AM

Why does it have to be a female? Are you homophobic? Most men can cut hair better then women. But move your racist homophobic ass to Texas then!

Date: April 19, 2012 05:51AM

Not a racist, or a sexist. I prefer women to cut my hair, because they usually have more creativity about it, and enjoy trying to make you look your best. Obviously, even the most creative Asian in the world can't do much for you if you aren't speaking the same language.

Date: April 19, 2012 06:34AM

Why would you not want an Asian chick to cut your hair? They do a really good job and everyone I've been to gives me a neck massage at the end.

An "American" is going to be some cigarette-scented redneck with a bad dye job who can't cut hair worth shit. Why would anyone want that?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Posted by: meh ()
Date: April 19, 2012 06:47AM

go to any bubbles, a little expensive, but bitches are hot speak english and know what the fuck theyre doing

Posted by: of course ()
Date: April 19, 2012 07:07AM

this is a real problem and I agree that EVERYONE is Asian cutting hair around here, they don't speak English and I had one say to me after ten minutes describing what I wanted, "basic boy cut", I said no, but ended up with basic boy cut anyway-no creativity. This is specific to here cause when I go other places, even to Haircuttery you do get white women and men. there is a big difference

Posted by: Hair ()
Date: April 19, 2012 07:17AM

Kings Park Barber Shop.

Posted by: old time ()
Date: April 19, 2012 07:40AM

might try Fairfax Barber Shop in fairfax city /kamp washington

Posted by: Haircuttery ()
Date: April 19, 2012 08:00AM

If you want old school go to Bob's which is on the 7th floor of that dumpy "high rise" nexy to Bob Evans in Springfield. Four white American barbers, all old timers - one is a grandma type.

Posted by: takebackamerica ()
Date: April 19, 2012 05:04PM

toomanyillegals

Posted by: Ralph Pootawn ()
Date: April 19, 2012 05:06PM

There's one white guy at the Barber of Seville in Fair Oaks Mall. Does a good job and doesn't chat you up.

Posted by: Agree ()
Date: April 19, 2012 05:08PM

I've gone on the same mission before and I've failed. So I continue to get my haircut in places where I wonder if the "barber" understood a word I said. If you are lucky you get one who just gives you a standard mil "high and tight" despite you saying specifically that you didn't want that.

Posted by: Ralph Pootawn ()
Date: April 19, 2012 05:08PM

Asian women always fuck up my hair, too. I had one bitch at the Hair Cuttery, answer her cell phone while she was cutting my hair, and then go greet a customer and argue with them while I was sitting there.
Attachments:
1300306282563.jpg

Posted by: Ten Toes in the Grave ()
Date: April 19, 2012 05:44PM

It's a problem. My son and I stopped going to the barber shop next to Gold's because only one guy (the older smaller oriental) could cut hair decently, and he'd take 45 minutes or more to do it. The others couldn't communicate and they weren't good at cutting hair. We've both been pretty happy with The Hair Cuttery. There are some middle-age women from, maybe Iran who speak good English (slight accent only), are good at cutting hair, and even have some good suggestions.

Posted by: Do This ()
Date: April 19, 2012 05:46PM

You need to go more upscale - and go to a place that caters to women, not men (e.g., PR@Parters or any one of the boutique salons).

Posted by: anneal ()
Date: April 19, 2012 08:02PM

If you go to a barber shop they are just going to give you the standard clipper cut. Doesn't matter if they are old white guys or Vietnamese. If you want a styled cut then you really need to go to a place like a beauty salon which caters to women customers.

Posted by: Need haircut ()
Date: April 19, 2012 09:51PM

Yeah, but do the white barbers give you a happy ending to your haircut?

Posted by: The_Ghost_of_Yucky24. ()
Date: April 19, 2012 11:01PM

Agreed. They're not even the good kind of asians (East Asia). They're the fucking Dirty Asians (Southeast Asia). They suck ass at cutting hair and everything else in general. You have to pay the big bucks like I do in order to avoid the gooks. $75 is the bare minimum. And you have to set an appointment weeks in advance with any hair stylist worth a damn.

Only once in the last 10 years have I made the mistake of getting my hair cut by a Vietnamese gook. My friend needed his hair cut and he's a cheap bitch who goes to those $10 chink hair salons you can find at every shopping mall. My IQ must have dropped by 50% to nigger levels because I decided to get my hair cut there as well.

Holy fuck. I went from having hair that random girls at school couldn't resist the urge to ask me if they could run their hands through it to having some bullshit 3rd world buzz cut that was even inferior to the shit you get at boot camp. What a fucking disaster. It took MONTHS to grow that shit back out. NEVER AGAIN WILL YOU TOUCH ME GOOKS.

Posted by: DUH1234 ()
Date: April 19, 2012 11:48PM

get a god damned flowbee and cut your own fucking hair you bunch of whiny little girls...for christs sake! All of you need to go dress shopping and buy tampons...some massengill for those with unkempt twats!

Date: April 20, 2012 05:42AM

I knew I couldn't be the only one. I don't want to just drive around the area, peeking in windows of various hair stylist places. And it's not like you can call any of them up and ask if their stylists speak English fluently.

Anyhow, if someone can come up with a specific stylist place (not really interested in barbers, as noted, they all go old style and certainly aren't creative), in Burke or near it, I'd really appreciate it.

Posted by: why not.... ()
Date: April 20, 2012 07:34AM

just ask a guy with great looking hair where he got it done? Break the taboo.

Posted by: orangefanta ()
Date: April 20, 2012 08:10AM

I do that too-drive around and look in the window, and if I make an appointment and don't know who it is with and turns out to be asian, I walk out without hair cut-PR& Partners is no solution, almost never get a good haircut there either,I like the thing in LA where they have really cool upscale mens (barber shops but not barber shops) cause they know how to cut men's hair but do it well and creatively.

Posted by: eh ()
Date: April 20, 2012 08:14AM

why not.... Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> just ask a guy with great looking hair where he
> got it done? Break the taboo.

yeah if you want to look gay, better yet start following men you like around until they happen to stop by their stylist place

Posted by: FusilliJerry ()
Date: April 20, 2012 09:29AM

I second Bob's in Springfield. I haven't been over there in a while, but they are good. I think Bob's wife gives the better haircut and is faster as well.

Posted by: hmmm ()
Date: April 20, 2012 02:35PM

anyone been to reston barbor off sunrise valley?

Posted by: barbershop & salon surveyor ()
Date: July 05, 2012 02:33PM

Yeah, go to Bob's. I found them to be nice reasonable people on my visit, and had a good conversation with them. They're also recommended by www.onebarber.com

The Asian run Hair Cutteries were widespread in California. I guess the trend may be moving to the East Coast. Almost every single Hair Cuttery I've ever walked into met me with a nasty attitude anyway, as if came in through the wrong door. Seems to deeply ingrained in the corporate culture of that particular chain, which I haven't seen with any other hair chain.

Posted by: buyer beware ()
Date: July 05, 2012 04:37PM

Gotta watch those Asian barbers, look what they did to my mans hair. Looks like someone shot a crow and it landed on his head.
Attachments:
Kim-Jong-un-salutes-durin-007.jpg

Posted by: mr hair ()
Date: July 05, 2012 04:40PM

^^^^
A high top philly fade. Went out years ago, better get with the times Junior

Posted by: Ha Ha ()
Date: July 05, 2012 04:51PM

The_Ghost_of_Yucky24. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Agreed. They're not even the good kind of asians
> (East Asia). They're the fucking Dirty Asians
> (Southeast Asia). They suck ass at cutting hair
> and everything else in general. You have to pay
> the big bucks like I do in order to avoid the
> gooks. $75 is the bare minimum. And you have to
> set an appointment weeks in advance with any hair
> stylist worth a damn.
>
> Only once in the last 10 years have I made the
> mistake of getting my hair cut by a Vietnamese
> gook. My friend needed his hair cut and he's a
> cheap bitch who goes to those $10 chink hair
> salons you can find at every shopping mall. My IQ
> must have dropped by 50% to nigger levels because
> I decided to get my hair cut there as well.
>
> Holy fuck. I went from having hair that random
> girls at school couldn't resist the urge to ask me
> if they could run their hands through it to having
> some bullshit 3rd world buzz cut that was even
> inferior to the shit you get at boot camp. What a
> fucking disaster. It took MONTHS to grow that shit
> back out. NEVER AGAIN WILL YOU TOUCH ME GOOKS.

Laughing at you.

Posted by: FUNdamental ()
Date: July 05, 2012 05:12PM

For real men, the best kept secret outside of Arlington or Alexandria is Pat's Barber Shop in Alexandria. It is a small cramped barber shop with 8 or 9 chairs and everyone there is over 50 and been cutting men's hair for a long time. They have the barber pole out front, sports penents from all over the country on the wall, sports on the radio, and mens magazines (not Details or Playboy) in the waiting area. They don't wash it, they just cut it. for 12 bucks you get a real man's hair cut by a man whose native tounge is American English (and you can bitch about your wife to your barber without an argument.

On weekends there are lines out the door. Take the King Street East exit of 395, go to your second stoplight and make a right into Bradlee Shopping Center. Pat's is behind the florist, at the left hand corner of the strip mall.

Posted by: Jack Lalanne ()
Date: July 05, 2012 06:21PM

You're complaining about Asians being dense and you don't know how to find a barber shop on your own? That there is un-american, son.

Posted by: hey rube ()
Date: July 05, 2012 06:56PM

"$75 is the bare minimum. And you have to set an appointment weeks in advance with any hair stylist worth a damn."

I think I've stumbled on the saddest collection of repressed homosexual, weak necked, bunch of narcisistic pussies this side of the upcoming republican convention. Just listen to yourselves!

Posted by: Priapus ()
Date: July 05, 2012 07:16PM

ask John Edwards where he got his clipped. He got some fine looking hair

Posted by: hey rube ()
Date: July 05, 2012 08:15PM

Edwards, democrat, heterosexual
worried about your hair, republican, repressed homosexual

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2012 08:16PM by hey rube.

Posted by: Howard Sprague ()
Date: July 05, 2012 10:20PM

White people....just complain about everything, but do nothing.

If you want white people to cut your d@#% hair, then look in the mirror or open up your own head shop.

Posted by: Harry Reems ()
Date: July 06, 2012 08:18AM

OK Unreals, if you want your hair cut by a white girl because you want to look pretty, ask a pretty white girl where she got her hair cut. You will end up at a Salon. You are a man, if you want style in your hair go to a barber in dupont circle. Faggot.

Posted by: notlogdin ()
Date: August 25, 2012 08:55PM

How about in Vienna?

Posted by: im the nigga ()
Date: August 25, 2012 09:05PM

Posted by: shorty from the 703 ()
Date: August 26, 2012 06:42AM

I aint paying $75 for no haircut. Besides I have a very small dick so having a great haircut wont help me much.

Posted by: sfsfs ()
Date: August 26, 2012 07:59AM

I agree with this point completely and not because i am necessarily racist, but the haircuts that you get from the Asians are template, one said it to me best once "basic boy cut", they suck. You have to get out of Burke and Centreville to get a decent cut. I have made many appts to stand outside and look first just to see all asian and walk away, and will continue to do so. Asians aren't big on creativity

Posted by: Who dat ()
Date: August 26, 2012 09:59AM

When you say "American" do you mean caucasian? Don't forget that even though many people may look different or appear to be right off the boat/plane/train/box truck, they may in fact be "American" by birth or Naturalization. Sayin'

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.