HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Best Beaches to head to this summer 2012?
Posted by: Lazier than a beach bum ()
Date: April 03, 2012 01:31PM

As I am scheduling my summer vacation days off right now, I realize it's now time to book a hotel to go to the beach!

Last summer, we went to Ocean City. HATED IT. It has turned into a high school mecca of drunk 16 year olds throwing up everywhere and screaming at people while they drive by. I was one of them too, but damn! LOL

Every other block, there was a police officer there just WAITING for you to pass by at 26mph in a 25 so they could search your car or try to say you were DWI...then give you a ticket while the idiots on those rented scooters just cut across 2 lanes of traffic in front of them and was weaving, obviously drunk but they ignore them and hassle out of state drivers.

The beach itself, even right at the boardwalk, was pretty dirty. I had to avoid a few used condoms and my son almost stepped on a broken heinekin bottle on the boardwalk, luckily he had on his thick soled sandals and not his flimsy aquasocks or it would have been bad! The water was pretty murky too, we only spent maybe an hour in it then went back to the room and took a shower and just used the awesome indoor pool where we stayed instead where it was over-chlorniated but clean.

It's the same 3 beach stores that all carry the exact same stuff, a golf course, an arcade, and a chain restaurant or 3 on every corner the whole way. Worse than starbucks in saturation!

And worst of all- I couldn't find ONE good crabhouse in multiple trips down! Hoopers, Higgins, Phillips, Mug and Mallet- they are all touristy trappy SUCKY!!

Any other recommendations? OC will always have a place in my heart due to my wild parties there myself as a youth, but I am a bit more grown-up now and need something a LITTLE calmer. Of course I expect people to be drinking and rowdy on vacation, but OC got a little TOO wild for me and my young kid. He does not need to see all the outrageous damn near rape PDA kids!!!

I will go anywhere within an 8 hour drive of here, thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Best Beaches to head to this summer 2012?
Posted by: Idea Guy ()
Date: April 03, 2012 02:03PM

Va Beach or Myrtle Beach are nice.

Posted by: Gov. Christie ()
Date: April 03, 2012 02:14PM

The best beaches for families are in Delaware ( think Bethany ) and yes... New Jersey.

No, don't go to Seaside Heights and risk running into Snookie or the Situation, but do consider Long Beach Island. It is by far the best family beach within an eight hour drive from here.

Myrtle is nice, but the sand is gross and the water gets to like 80 degrees by June.

Long Beach Island has pristine white sand, the water is cool, and the waves are big enough to surf.

LBI is only 4 hours away from DC too!

I went up there with a travel baseball team, and 5 or so families enjoyed it so much that they have since returned on their own for family vacations. Atlantic City and Seaside Heights are both 40 minutes away, and are great day trips.

For $ 15, you can go to the Boardwalk at Seaside and ride all of the rides all day. Great bargain. Also, NJ has the best bagels and pizza south of NYC.

If you go, you will want to go back!

Posted by: dbs ()
Date: April 03, 2012 02:18PM

Go north of OC a bit and you'll find DE beaches satisfying.

Bethany is called the quiet resort for a reason. It's a family resort with a family atmosphere. The worst I've seen it is when the Philly rednecks decide to smoke on the beach or....gasp....throw a ball!

Dewey is nice as well, although it seems it's more of a 20s-30s type that stay there (with a decent number of families tossed in as well).

Rehobeth is great if you're looking to pick up guys in speedos or butch chicks. But if that were your lifestyle, you'd know that already.

Lewes is also quiet, but there's pretty much no beach scene. There *is* a cool museum in town, though, so you can always get educated after a day at the beach. Oh yeah, there's also DQ, which is always a plus.

It's been years since I've been to VA Beach or Myrtle, but from what I recall, it was similar to OC.

Posted by: Dont GO ()
Date: April 03, 2012 04:30PM

DON'T go to Bethany Beach, WE don't want you there.. VA Beach is probably more your style..

Posted by: JBass ()
Date: April 03, 2012 04:43PM

Dewey can be summed up in one word. Orgy (for 20 and 30 somethings)

Posted by: Archy ()
Date: April 03, 2012 05:59PM

I like Virginia Beach. And Myrtle.

Posted by: Nogoats ()
Date: April 03, 2012 06:06PM

Va Beach, Myrtle Beach, or Delaware beaches. Ocean City is a craphole and not worth the bother.

Posted by: Livin In SC ()
Date: April 03, 2012 06:09PM

Go south of Myrtle Beach to Litchfield, Pawley's Island and Huntington Beach state park. Nothing like OC or Delaware, not crowded and more family friendly, but if you want to hang with the party people, Myrtle Beach is just up the road. Just watch out for the cops.

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: April 04, 2012 07:50AM

Hatteras. I'm here right now.

Posted by: BEACHBUM ()
Date: April 04, 2012 08:02AM

OBX ALL THE WAY!!!!! Bought land down there and plan to build. Nothing beats OBX!!! It is a town that is on the beach not just a beach town where only visitors come.

Posted by: NRA 75 ()
Date: April 04, 2012 08:29AM

Nagshead is very peaceful, compared to some of the usual spots. Its gotten a bit more busy over the years, but still, less crowds, more chilling.

Of course, San Juan PR is the best, but gotta fly there

Posted by: The Quietest Beach ()
Date: April 04, 2012 08:36AM

You should go to Corolla, NC. It is SO QUIET there is NOBODY there...

Posted by: Bobby Beach ()
Date: April 04, 2012 09:11AM

I highly recommend Holden Beach, NC. If what you are after is peace and quiet and water and sand and privacy then this is the place for you. It's all residential; there is very little commercial development. The demographics are mostly couples, families with small children and/or seniors. But it doesn't matter because if you never leave your rental, you'll likely see very few people at all.

A word of caution...if you want a beach environment with 76 putt-putt golf courses, amusement rides, lousy bars, late night parties, passed out college students everywhere, stores selling crap souvenirs and salt water taffy then this is not the place for you. Hell, the closest grocery store is 15 miles away...longer if you're at the other end of the peninsula.

Date: April 04, 2012 09:28AM

Bobby Beach Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I highly recommend Holden Beach, NC. If what you
> are after is peace and quiet and water and sand
> and privacy then this is the place for you. It's
> all residential; there is very little commercial
> development. The demographics are mostly couples,
> families with small children and/or seniors. But
> it doesn't matter because if you never leave your
> rental, you'll likely see very few people at all.
>
> A word of caution...if you want a beach
> environment with 76 putt-putt golf courses,
> amusement rides, lousy bars, late night parties,
> passed out college students everywhere, stores
> selling crap souvenirs and salt water taffy then
> this is not the place for you. Hell, the closest
> grocery store is 15 miles away...longer if you're
> at the other end of the peninsula.

Awesome place! My great-grandfather had a house on Holden beach and one of my great uncles lived there too. He ran a charter fishing service out of the marina. I havent been in years but remember it being great times!

Posted by: Don't go there ()
Date: April 04, 2012 10:34AM

For the love of god, don't go to the Outer Banks. Don't ask any questions, just don't go.

Seriously, don't go. Ever.

Posted by: OBXGUY ()
Date: April 04, 2012 10:54AM

Ok, Don't go there, WHAT IS SOOOOOOO BAD ABOUT OBX????? OBX blows away O.C. and VA Beach and that is by just name alone not including why OBX is way better!!!

So, please explain your reasons and I will explain mine. Deal???

Date: April 04, 2012 10:58AM

OBXGUY Wrote:
> Ok, Don't go there, WHAT IS SOOOOOOO BAD ABOUT
> OBX????? OBX blows away O.C. and VA Beach and
> that is by just name alone not including why OBX
> is way better!!!
>
> So, please explain your reasons and I will explain
> mine. Deal???

Because he doesnt want you there crowding up the beaches.

Date: April 04, 2012 12:44PM

Well JBass if he doesn't want me to come down, it's too late, I've been going down to OBX since 1983. It's somewhat overcrowded on the highway but when at the beach I don't have anyone right beside me like O.C. or Va Beach. Now back in the 80's, WOW!!!!! TALK ABOUT NOTHING DOWN THERE. It's still a great place to vacation or live even today :)

There are some beaches further South like right on the N.C./S.C. border which I heard of that would out do OBX. Maybe I should look into those and see.

Posted by: lolzzz ()
Date: April 04, 2012 01:54PM

VB doesn't want your socks in sandals wearing ass over there.

But really, vabeachers go to OBX and you should too.

Posted by: Mike O'Meara ()
Date: April 04, 2012 03:11PM

Hi, radio's Mike O'Meara here to say I too am looking for a vacation property at a nearby beach for myself and my zany band of merry men. If you have proporty you would like to donate to show, or would like to just give us cash (no checks), please contact me, radio's Mike O'Meara at mikeomearashow.com

Posted by: Opinions please ()
Date: April 04, 2012 03:14PM

Even though its in New Jersey (yuck) I hear Cape May is nice.

Anybody been there?

Posted by: Gay as hell ()
Date: April 04, 2012 03:15PM

Which Delaware beach is the one with all the queers? Is that Bethany?

Date: April 04, 2012 03:34PM

To: Opinions please, I've been to Cape May. I would say it's a nice place. It was clean. The one problem I did have and that is why I like OBX is to get on to the beach at Cape May you have to pay a fee. Bunch of serious B.S. Never heard of paying to get on to a beach.

Posted by: guess what ()
Date: April 04, 2012 04:33PM

Rehoboth = Queers...

Posted by: Little Rhonda ()
Date: April 04, 2012 05:11PM

Myrtle Beach is the cheapest of all. OC and anything in Jersey will gouge the shit out of you. Just expect lots of rednecks in Myrtle. Go to the Suck Bang Blow and watch rednecks waste tire tread.

Posted by: Radiobob ()
Date: April 04, 2012 08:46PM

Well, just about any beach is cool. Depends, do you want to swim and sun worship or go for the scenic, historic stuff? We went to Martha's Vineyard last year. It's for the old timey salt of the sea, picturesque historic type of vacation, in my opinion. You have to ride the Marthas Vineyard ferry to get there, or fly, no other choices, well, swim I guess. Wouldn't recommend that.

Posted by: Dave ()
Date: April 04, 2012 09:50PM

OBXGUY Wrote:
> Well JBass if he doesn't want me to come down,
> it's too late, I've been going down to OBX since
> 1983. It's somewhat overcrowded on the highway
> but when at the beach I don't have anyone right
> beside me like O.C. or Va Beach. Now back in the
> 80's, WOW!!!!! TALK ABOUT NOTHING DOWN THERE.
> It's still a great place to vacation or live even
> today :)
>
> There are some beaches further South like right on
> the N.C./S.C. border which I heard of that would
> out do OBX. Maybe I should look into those and
> see.

Not too bright are you OBXGUY? LOL!
Their bad mouthing The Outer Banks to keep the secret to ourselves. You know, less people is better for us.
If you've been vacation down there since 1983 you should be ashamed of yourself for calling it the OBX. It's The Outer Banks and not OBX.

Date: April 04, 2012 10:15PM

Or just say what beach you are at... Duck... Corolla.... Hattaras.....kitty hawk

Posted by: Don't go ()
Date: April 04, 2012 11:37PM

OBXGUY must be one of the random chinkers or dot-heads I see roaming around down there. Don't get me wrong, everyone deserves to enjoy a vacation they enjoy. It's just funny to see them down there as its about the only 99% cracker place I've been to in the last 25 years.

OBXGUY - Where do you stay when you go to "OBX"? What town? Do you like shopping at Wings and Reef? What's your favorite restaurant down there?

You should really try Wilmington or Atlantic Beach for your vacations from now on. I hear it's way better...

Posted by: NOVA_Native ()
Date: April 05, 2012 12:24AM

I'm going to regret this but...Emerald Isle, if you're looking for quiet, family oriented beaches. There's a small boardwalk and even smaller sleazy amusement park in Atlantic Beach that will entertain the little ones, and young Marines from Cherry Point trying to impress the girls from Raleigh-Durham to amuse the grownups. Few hotels or condos, mostly single family homes as rentals. There are some good restaurants in Morehead, but nightlife mostly consists of getting beat by the kids at Monopoly.

Something to keep in mind if you've got kids. NC, SC, GA, etc. don't have a "Kings Dominion Law". My niece in NC starts school in early August and is out in May, and these smaller beach areas, which draw primarily from the Southeast, tend to follow this schedule. Expect reduced kid oriented entertainment in August.

But if you're really looking for a memerable beach experience, I recommend Old Orchard Beach in Maine -- way cooler than Martha's Vinyard or Nantucket. Take a dip in the frigid water, warm up with a Labatt and some Poutine, add to the tattoo collection, and laissez les bons temps rouler. Je me souviens, eh?

Date: April 05, 2012 08:27AM

To Dave, uh yeah I do know people are bad mouthing OBX because they don't want anyone else coming down there. Duh, reverse psychology. OBX is well known so saying anything bad to keep people away is just wasting time.

To JBass, I've stayed at pretty much all the beaches. No favorite one, I like them all from Duck to Hatteras.

To Don't go, bunch of favorite restaurants. I stay away from the corporation type restaurants such as Pizza Hut, Applebees, etc. I like the family owned ones such as Tale of the Whale, The Dunes Restaurant, Roadside Bar & Grill, The Left Bank, The Froggy Dog Restaurant & Bar, and why I did not list this first, OuterBanks Brewing Station. If you go to the Brewing Station order the grits, f'ing awesome!!!!

Since I have been going down to OBX for a long time, as stated in my earlier post, I eventually bought a place in Manteo so now my vacations/weekend getaways are at my place.

One other thing, cannot remember who said it to me but I say OBX here because I am too lazy to type out OuterBanks but I say OuterBanks when I am talking to someoen in person.

With that all said, best beaches to stay at are OBX and points Southward(SC, GA, and FL).

Posted by: Mike O'Meara ()
Date: April 05, 2012 09:03AM

Radio's Mike O'Meara to remind you to visit mikeomearashow.com to donate to my beach vacation house. Every dime helps, but five dollar bills help more. Won't you help?

Posted by: WestfieldDad ()
Date: April 05, 2012 10:50PM

Bobby Beach Wrote:
> I highly recommend Holden Beach, NC. If what you
> are after is peace and quiet and water and sand
> and privacy then this is the place for you. It's
> all residential; there is very little commercial
> development. The demographics are mostly couples,
> families with small children and/or seniors. But
> it doesn't matter because if you never leave your
> rental, you'll likely see very few people at all.
>
> A word of caution...if you want a beach
> environment with 76 putt-putt golf courses,
> amusement rides, lousy bars, late night parties,
> passed out college students everywhere, stores
> selling crap souvenirs and salt water taffy then
> this is not the place for you. Hell, the closest
> grocery store is 15 miles away...longer if you're
> at the other end of the peninsula.

Holden is where we go. Definitely a quiet family beach - nearly all units are single or duplexes. Have been going for about 20 years. Nicest section is the private west end of the island. Even beach front houses are probably 1/8th a mile from the water through the dunes. If you try it, don't rent beyond about 1/3 mile from the end though - houses are behind a nature preserve so you can't walk straight to the beach.

By the way, there's a fairly decent Food Lion at the causeway that opened up a couple years ago - much better than the ones up here - so it's more like 6 miles or so.

Date: April 05, 2012 11:34PM

OBXGUY Wrote:
> One other thing, cannot remember who said it to me
> but I say OBX here because I am too lazy to type
> out OuterBanks but I say OuterBanks when I am
> talking to someoen in person.
>

Yeah right, now go outside and scrape that damn OBX sticker off your car and while you're at it, take that stupid OBC sticker off too.

Posted by: OBX Tards ()
Date: April 06, 2012 08:30AM

OBXGUY Wrote:
> To Dave, uh yeah I do know people are bad mouthing
> OBX because they don't want anyone else coming
> down there. Duh, reverse psychology. OBX is well
> known so saying anything bad to keep people away
> is just wasting time.
>

Its their own damn fault. All of the outer banks people just had to put those trendy OBX stickers on their cars and now everyone knows about the place. Go figure. I'd never even heard of the outer banks before the OBX sticker craze.

And WTF is the point of those stickers anyway? Look at me, I vacation in North Carolina. Aren't I special.

Date: April 06, 2012 08:55AM

OBXGUY Wrote:
> Since I have been going down to OBX for a long
> time, as stated in my earlier post, I eventually
> bought a place in Manteo so now my
> vacations/weekend getaways are at my place.

Is The Weeping Radish still kicking out beer and sausages?

Date: April 06, 2012 09:15AM

Ok, I am NOT one of those people that put OBX on my vehicle. I don't put any stickers/magnets on my car.

Yes, people putting those stickers/magnets on the car about OBX is just advertising for more people to come down. Personally, yeah, it's somewhat crowded but it's not that bad. Nothing like O.C. where people are jammed up together on the beach. If I want that, I'll just stay up here and ride the metro. One nice thing since I have residency down there is that I don't have to pay the "tourist tax". Just show my "get out of paying the tourist tax" card and "poof" my bill has just become smaller. You'd be surprised what that tax is but, hey, we do enjoy you supporting our town with your money, seriously!!!

To Hangover, I've heard of The Weeping Radish. Never been there though. I know that it's located around Grandy/Jarvisburg. Probably should stop on the way down next time.

Here is another piece that makes The OuterBanks, there I spelled it out instead of OBX, a nice place to go.....How long does it take to get to O.C. where everyone and their grandmother goes to??? People must love sitting on that bridge. From NOVA to The OuterBanks.....4 hrs. Pretty much the same travel time from here to O.C. and probably cheaper to stay.

Date: April 06, 2012 10:24AM

OBXGUY Wrote:
> To Hangover, I've heard of The Weeping Radish.
> Never been there though. I know that it's located
> around Grandy/Jarvisburg. Probably should stop on
> the way down next time.

Oh wow... The original Weeping Radish was in the Christmas House/Shop complex. It was probably the first brewpub on the East Coast back in the day... and I'm talking early 80s... German food better than Blob's Park in Odenton Maryland. German beer.... unfortunately not better than The Baltimore Brewing Company's offerings but still brewpub beer at a time when Beck's Dark was a special thing. I had a friend who owned a beach house down there and we pulled an all weekend drinking marathon also know as opening and closing the place twice a year. The Weeping Radish was always on the agenda.

Great memories...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2012 10:26AM by Hangover County Guy.

Posted by: OuterBanks ()
Date: April 06, 2012 11:50AM

496 Wrote:
> Hatteras. I'm here right now.

+5

Beats all other beaches by a mile.

Posted by: Rob Spewak ()
Date: April 06, 2012 11:54AM

It's your old buddy Rob here to ask a favor. We are looking to donations to get a beach house to do a series of summer podcasts from. Can you help us find suitable accomodations for myself and the krewe? Won't you? mikeomearashow.com

Date: April 06, 2012 12:27PM

OBXGUY Wrote:
> Ok, I am NOT one of those people that put OBX on
> my vehicle. I don't put any stickers/magnets on
> my car.
>
> Yes, people putting those stickers/magnets on the
> car about OBX is just advertising for more people
> to come down. Personally, yeah, it's somewhat
> crowded but it's not that bad. Nothing like O.C.
> where people are jammed up together on the beach.
> If I want that, I'll just stay up here and ride
> the metro. One nice thing since I have residency
> down there is that I don't have to pay the
> "tourist tax". Just show my "get out of paying
> the tourist tax" card and "poof" my bill has just
> become smaller. You'd be surprised what that tax
> is but, hey, we do enjoy you supporting our town
> with your money, seriously!!!
>
> To Hangover, I've heard of The Weeping Radish.
> Never been there though. I know that it's located
> around Grandy/Jarvisburg. Probably should stop on
> the way down next time.
>
> Here is another piece that makes The OuterBanks,
> there I spelled it out instead of OBX, a nice
> place to go.....How long does it take to get to
> O.C. where everyone and their grandmother goes
> to??? People must love sitting on that bridge.
> From NOVA to The OuterBanks.....4 hrs. Pretty
> much the same travel time from here to O.C. and
> probably cheaper to stay.

"OBXGUY" You've been vacationing on the Outer Banks since 1983 and you've only heard of the Weeping Radish and no mention of it being originally in Manteo and you own a place in Manteo. Seems like your crap is getting deeper by the minute.
Hey, I see the outerbanksconnection has an "obxguy" as a member. Is that you? You seem to fit the profile of one of Will's peons

Date: April 06, 2012 01:13PM

LOL, OH BOY, DAVE...YOU ARE AS INTERESTING AS DIARRHEA :) I guess you must want my enitre life story in order for you to understand. Yes, Dave, I have been going to The OuterBanks since 1983, now lets hope you understand this part, I was also just a kid when I was going there soooooooo I was only going where my parents were going. You see, it's kind of hard to know alot of places when you cannot drive yourself and visit.

Now as far as Manteo goes, my place down there is just 4 years old. You see Dave, The OuterBanks does cover a vast area and I may not know all the places just like in this area....I don't know of all the places to eat or visit. Now you mentioned that The Weeping Radish was originally in Manteo.....well if it is not there now then how would I've known it was ever in Manteo???? Hmmmm??? See the way you phrased your question leads me to believe it's not there anymore and since I've had my place down there for 4 years now and if this place closed down before I got my place.........hmmmm.....would be hard to know that it was ever there. I do know of it being in Grandy/Jarvisburg from TV/newspaper advertisements, oh, oh, oh and driving past it when I'm down there. GEEZ!!!

Again, Dave, sorry to disappoint but NO I'm not the obxguy from outerbanksconnection.

Posted by: Slut Monstor ()
Date: April 06, 2012 01:17PM

Montego Bay, Negril, or Ocho Rios in Jamaica...best beaches ever! Inexpensive weekend getaway too. You will spend less money traveling to an Carribean island then you would going to a local beach once you add up the cost of gas, hotel, meals, etc. An all-inclusive 3 day getaway to Negril is the way to go!

Posted by: Go to the Mountains Instead ()
Date: April 06, 2012 01:21PM

Is "obx" the abbreviation for "obnoxious"?

Posted by: Jenny M ()
Date: April 06, 2012 08:05PM

OBXGUY Wrote:
> To: Opinions please, I've been to Cape May. I
> would say it's a nice place. It was clean. The
> one problem I did have and that is why I like OBX
> is to get on to the beach at Cape May you have to
> pay a fee. Bunch of serious B.S. Never heard of
> paying to get on to a beach.

Hate to break it to you OBXGUY, but effective 2/15/12 there is not only a fee, but you must sit thru a video on "beach respect" before you can drive on any of our beaches on Hatteras Island. We have a house in Avon (non-rental) and are sick about what is happening to our beloved island. Thank you NPS!

Posted by: Ralph Pootawn ()
Date: April 07, 2012 09:21AM

Falmouth Beach, Aqua-Po Beach, and Fairview Beach are great!!!

Date: April 07, 2012 12:45PM

Jenny M Wrote:

> Hate to break it to you OBXGUY, but effective
> 2/15/12 there is not only a fee, but you must sit
> thru a video on "beach respect" before you can
> drive on any of our beaches on Hatteras Island.
> We have a house in Avon (non-rental) and are sick
> about what is happening to our beloved island.
> Thank you NPS!

The NPS got this wrong but we also need to look at the ones who have abused this privilege. The ones driving on the beach for no other reason than to say they did. Those are the ones who could care less about the restictions. They just won't do it anymore, it doesn't matter to them. While those of us who respect and use the beach with have to put up with this nonsense.

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: April 07, 2012 09:59PM

Dave Wrote:
> Jenny M Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > Hate to break it to you OBXGUY, but effective
> > 2/15/12 there is not only a fee, but you must
> sit
> > thru a video on "beach respect" before you can
> > drive on any of our beaches on Hatteras Island.
>
> > We have a house in Avon (non-rental) and are
> sick
> > about what is happening to our beloved island.
> > Thank you NPS!
>
> The NPS got this wrong but we also need to look at
> the ones who have abused this privilege. The ones
> driving on the beach for no other reason than to
> say they did. Those are the ones who could care
> less about the restictions. They just won't do it
> anymore, it doesn't matter to them. While those of
> us who respect and use the beach with have to put
> up with this nonsense.

Sorry Dave. It's not about people abusing a privilege. It's about Protecting some stupid fucking birds.

Date: April 07, 2012 10:32PM

496 Wrote:
>
> Sorry Dave. It's not about people abusing a
> privilege. It's about Protecting some stupid
> fucking birds.

It started with the Piping Plovers and then the idiots abusing the beach only game the NPS more evidence to restrict use

Posted by: Stones ()
Date: April 08, 2012 12:00AM

I'm not telling you. I just came back from it and I every time I go, there's more people so stay away!

Posted by: My name is Eli ()
Date: October 28, 2012 07:41PM

Bobby Beach Wrote:
> I highly recommend Holden Beach, NC.

I lived there too!

http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/40/404567/404567.html#msg-404567

Posted by: beach bum ()
Date: October 29, 2012 01:05PM

I would love to be at the beaches now watching this storm unfold! This is awesome!

Let's just hope the beaches are not too badly damaged because of this.

Reports are the Ocean City pier is completely wiped out!!!

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/weather/weather-blog/bs-md-sandy-update-20121030,0,2899772.story

All I have heard about VA Beach is some flooding but nothing extremely bad....

Posted by: Bill Hayes ()
Date: October 29, 2012 05:27PM

I have always advocated painful and costly penalties for ATV riders who
violate trails rules and do much damage. Same for mountain bikes. Stay
on designated trails and have fun!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.