HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Proper Waiter
Posted by: Rod ()
Date: March 31, 2008 05:51PM

I'd like to commend Todd of Paolo's Restaraunt as the first waiter I have seen in this area who would hold the beverage glass by the middle or bottom. I had complained that I have not seen a single wait person in the area doing this properly. I now take that back. The food at Palos is generally too rich but the maitrade or greeter in this restaraunt is not hard on the eyes there. We'll be sending out our commendation with gold figlagee and oak lief clusters.-Rod

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Proper Waiter
Posted by: Diner ()
Date: March 31, 2008 06:12PM

Is this that place in Reston town center? I gave up on that place after the last bad meal I had there. One of the many complaints I had involved the drink service, in fact. The waiter took my order for a martini and disappeared. After some time he stopped by the table and breezily told me that he had a very funny story to tell us. After a while longer he came back with my martini--in a jelly glass (ok, I'm exaggerating a little here). Then he proceeded to tell me his funny story about the night before a waiter had dropped a tray containing the restaurant's entire collection of martini glasses. They were waiting on the new ones to arrive. I thought to myself--"Now that is funny. I just paid $10 to drink a martini out of a jelly glass and you knew about it when you took my order and didn't mention a word about it then."

Aside from that, the food was terrible. When he asked how my salad was and I responded that it wasn't great--the leaves were brown and wilted--he apologized but didn't do anything about it.

Anyway, this applies to Paolo's in Reston so my apologies if you were talking about a different place.

Posted by: RamboRedneck ()
Date: March 31, 2008 06:16PM

You yuppies sure are a spoiled bunch! Imagine, not holding the bottle right!
Yer supposed to hold it by the bottom upside down and gulp that red-eye
til it burns!

Posted by: Kiev ()
Date: March 31, 2008 07:37PM

holding down bottle correctly....., should be the least of your concerns when you might get a meal prepared by someone who has seen running water only in US of A.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2008 07:37PM by Kiev.

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: March 31, 2008 09:36PM

Says alot about Rod. The greeter is a dude.

Posted by: Paolo groupie. ()
Date: April 02, 2008 08:40PM

Rod Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'd like to commend Todd of Paolo's Restaraunt as
> the first waiter I have seen in this area who
> would hold the beverage glass by the middle or
> bottom. I had complained that I have not seen a
> single wait person in the area doing this
> properly. I now take that back. The food at Palos
> is generally too rich but the maitrade or greeter
> in this restaraunt is not hard on the eyes there.
> We'll be sending out our commendation with gold
> figlagee and oak lief clusters.-Rod

I highly recommend Jeremy at the bar for drinks. and any food recs as well.

Paolo's is a very nice place.

Posted by: Howie ()
Date: April 03, 2008 04:38PM

A pet peeve of mine to be sure but...holding the glass from the bottom is the last thing you should be worried about in a restaurant. Do you know where the cook's hands have been?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.